UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GSC

My Soil Mix

Ingredients:
Soil Base. Consist mostly of composted black soil containing lots of leaf matter.
Worm Castings
Bone Meal
Blood Meal
Bat Guano
Chicken Shit
Sheep Shit
Alfalfa Meal
Crushed Pumice Stone
Crushed Oyster Shells
Ground Egg Shells
Used Coffee Grounds
Neem Cake Meal
Rice Hulls
Coco Coir
Dolomite Lime
Epsom Salt
Humic Acid
BioChar
EM (Effective Microorganisms)

Thanks! I was gonna ask after your recipe! I'm very impressed with the apparent completeness of nutrition that super soil provides. Only turn off is the 6 month prep time :(

EDIT: Also what do you mean when you say "Effective Microorganisms". Do you just mean bacteria from the environment or do you have a culture you add to your soil?

LA Chocolate and Vanilla Kush. That's like a chick magnet grow. :laughtwo: Good grief, do I wish I lived close enough to stop in and just smell!

I just planted a Jack Herer for my Tiny Pots SWICK, so it'll be interesting to contrast the two. How nice of you to choose that strain. :battingeyelashes:

Definitely subbed. You know, I really like those purple tones your lights give off. In my world it's the color of love. Nice touch. :love:

My Soil Mix

IMHO due to variations and inconsistencies in regards to the ingredients that are contained in most organic based products that are the standard fare when making a custom soil mix it's really an imprecise science. Example...If two groups of bats are eating different diets, the bat dung from both groups of bats will not contain the same NPK ratios. Same goes for worm castings. All worm castings are not the same. Anyways, you all get the picture.

I sometimes compare building a healthy soil to what it takes to build a healthy body. If you want to build a healthy body you need to feed the machine with a WIDE ASSORTMENT of CLEAN and HIGH QUALITY foods. Eating too much of anything is usually a bad thing but eating too little of those same things are bad as well. Same goes for building a healthy and balanced soil. In most but not all cases the amounts of each ingredient are not as important as the variety of the ingredients that are used and getting the soil texture right. I won't get into soil cation exchange capacity (CEC) but those who may have a real interest in organic soil gardening monster should read up on this subject as this is they key as to how plant uptake and utilize nutrients.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that IMHO there is no PERFECT SOIL RECIPE folks!! There are however some recipes that are better than others and the key reason lies in the variety and quality of the ingredients used. There's more to gardening than just N-P-K and Cal/Mag.
I like to try to not over complicate things unless complicated is the ONLY route to success and growing good weed ain't as complicated or difficult as most folks make it out to be.

Anyways, now that I've probably ruffled up a few feathers with the organic soil growers as well as the hydro gardeners my work is done here. LOL!

One of these days I'll take notes of the quantities of ingredients that I use when mixing up a new batch of soil.

Have a Great Day Everyone!
:hookah:

Could not have said that better. Thank you. :hug:

Thanks! I was gonna ask after your recipe! I'm very impressed with the apparent completeness of nutrition that super soil provides. Only turn off is the 6 month prep time :(

EDIT: Also what do you mean when you say "Effective Microorganisms". Do you just mean bacteria from the environment or do you have a culture you add to your soil?

6 months is ideal but you don't need to wait that long.
For your first round of soil you shouldn't worry so much about the amount of time that your soil simmers before use. You can mix up a batch of soil and use it same day as long as most of the organic matter is already broken down and decomposed. It just won't work as well as soil that has had a chance to simmer for a while. And you'll need to be careful to not put too much high nitrogen ingredients or fast release type ingredients otherwise your mix will be too hot. However, even if your mix is a tad on the hot side your plants would likely do a double take and you'll end up with burnt leaf tips and droopy leaves for a short time but they will usually pull through. Usually.
You'll find lots of good info about soil mixes in the Soil section of the Organic Growers Forum.
Soil

EM-1 and EM-Pro are available over the counter at many horticulture/garden centers/feed stores. Do a google search for "EM-1 Microbial Inoculant" and you'll find it.
There are also DIY home brew recipes available on this site.
Homemade EM-1â„¢ inoculant and Bokashi

Happy growing my friend.

LA Chocolate and Vanilla Kush. That's like a chick magnet grow. :laughtwo: Good grief, do I wish I lived close enough to stop in and just smell!

I just planted a Jack Herer for my Tiny Pots SWICK, so it'll be interesting to contrast the two. How nice of you to choose that strain. :battingeyelashes:

Definitely subbed. You know, I really like those purple tones your lights give off. In my world it's the color of love. Nice touch. :love:

Over at UncleC's hacienda chicks are always welcome! Always!! :circle-of-love::slide:

6 months is ideal but you don't need to wait that long.
For your first round of soil you shouldn't worry so much about the amount of time that your soil simmers before use. You can mix up a batch of soil and use it same day as long as most of the organic matter is already broken down and decomposed. It just won't work as well as soil that has had a chance to simmer for a while. And you'll need to be careful to not put too much high nitrogen ingredients or fast release type ingredients otherwise your mix will be too hot. However, even if your mix is a tad on the hot side your plants would likely do a double take and you'll end up with burnt leaf tips and droopy leaves for a short time but they will usually pull through. Usually.
You'll find lots of good info about soil mixes in the Soil section of the Organic Growers Forum.
Soil

EM-1 and EM-Pro are available over the counter at many horticulture/garden centers/feed stores. Do a google search for "EM-1 Microbial Inoculant" and you'll find it.
There are also DIY home brew recipes available on this site.
Homemade EM-1â„¢ inoculant and Bokashi

Happy growing my friend.

Just a side note UncleC.

Many don't realize that "hot" can mean 2 things in organic soils. It can mean high N as you say, but it can also refer to the fact that as the organic matter breaks down it generates heat. ENOUGH heat to kill plants, my soil (using alfalfa meal) had to "cook" for about 2 weeks before it cooled enough to use. Temperatures can reach 150*F or more while it cooks.

Just a side note UncleC.

Many don't realize that "hot" can mean 2 things in organic soils. It can mean high N as you say, but it can also refer to the fact that as the organic matter breaks down it generates heat. ENOUGH heat to kill plants, my soil (using alfalfa meal) had to "cook" for about 2 weeks before it cooled enough to use. Temperatures can reach 150*F or more while it cooks.

You're correct Celt.
Lots of heat is generated when composting organic matter. Compost piles have been know to spontaneously combust because of the heat that is generated from the decomposition process. I guess that I was assuming that Young Yoda would use ingredients that are mostly ready to use and would just require "simmering", not composting. But I'm glad that you brought this up. Thanks.

To me, this journal is quite instructive. Thank you.:thumb:

Hey there Sara. Thanks for the compliment.
By the way, the girlies are loving those Sun Series lights. :circle-of-love::love:

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

Better late than never, subbed and looking forward to the grow UncleCannabis. Looks like there's going to be some beautiful chicks around your place for the foreseeable future :) All the best :thumb:

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

Subbed, dont want to miss this, :thumb:

Nice setup and bud canopy. :clap:

How you like the blumat irrigation?

:passitleft:

Welcome Ganjazz and thanks for the compliment.

I'm really diggin' the Blumats system. Works like a champ so nowadays UncleC doesn't have to.
I can't say enough good things about them. It was a bit of work getting the system all setup but I'm now reaping the rewards and extremely satisfied with the purchase. Money well spent IMHO.

Better late than never, subbed and looking forward to the grow UncleCannabis. Looks like there's going to be some beautiful chicks around your place for the foreseeable future :) All the best :thumb:

Hey there Kriaze. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the ride.
Now that I've demonstrated to everyone the "dried on the vine method" I'm thinking that I'll go with the planned harvest method this time around. Results should be a tad better I think. LOL!

Yes I'm awake when I should be sleeping.
The Soviet Ripper is killer. Really fine pot. Taste like sweet grapefruit, red hairs everywhere, nice and sticky, really nice daytime smoke that last about 4 hours.
The GSC is mediocre. It's a good night time smoke with a decent body buzz. Taste is not at all like genuine GSC that I've had before. The taste is not bad, just not what I was hoping for.
The Amnesia has a very heady type effect. It would probably make some newbie smokers paranoid and uncomfortable but it's all good by UncleC. The taste is somewhat hazy similar to many sativas but there is no strong fruity or citrus overtone to speak of. Flavor is a bit bland.
The Jack Herer I have not touched much. This one is nothing special and will end up in the next batch of ice water hash or butter.

Note that they all died before they were ready so some of the mediocre stuff would have likely turned out better given more time to finish and dry properly.
The last thing I want to do is be misunderstood as dishing out unfair criticism against any breeders or seed companies.

I totally agree, I have never been one to blame my misfortune on others. Shit and life happens and when it does, no point it laying blame where it doesn't belong, except it, learn from it and try to improve the next go round :thumb:

"Dried on the vine". That made me chuckle. :laughtwo:

I totally agree, I have never been one to blame my misfortune on others. Shit and life happens and when it does, no point it laying blame where it doesn't belong, except it, learn from it and try to improve the next go round :thumb:

You got that right brother!! Amen to that!! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom