Water Cooled Grow Light. Barney's Farm Strains. 1st Journal

EvenFlow

My brother and I started this grow in dec. 3 and have decided to start a journal. We are growing 6 plants, Barney's farm strains and 2 free seeds. They were ordered from the Attitude seed bank. We've been using a freca sol water jacket for the first time with this grow to see if we like it and so far we do. Its kinda over priced though if you ask me. Like $500 total just for the jacket, pump, tubing, and resevoir. Plus you need a chiller which is expensive as hell. we've been keeping the resevour outside since its below 20 degrees outside right now which helps out a lot.

Barney's farm
Red dragon(RD)
Night Shade(NS)
Amnesia Lemon(AL)

Free seeds
Lemon Skunk(LS)
Power Kush(PK)

We're using 4 gal. pots with fox farms ocean forest. They are fed with organic Jacks Classic(vegetative20-20-20). They are being grown under a 400 watt MH with a Fresca Sol water cooled jacket.(27 gal. reservoir) The light schedule is from 7PM to 1PM. Im hoping we can get a 600 watt HPS for flowering. We also have a co2 regulator. The co2 levels range from 1500 to 2200ppm. The temp is kept anywhere from 65-75. The AL, RD, and PK have all been tied down for a week now. The LS and NS were FIMMED. The NS has already started growing new tops(9 tops now I believe) and the LS has bearly started growing 2 new tops so 3 in total. Im hoping they turn into massive bushes. Our goal is to keep them under 12 inches and make them as bushy as possible.

PICS
phpm4yM9MPM.jpg

php11vJfKPM.jpg

Amnesia Lemon
php1UQBhMPM.jpg

phpVUTZw8PM.jpg

phpvu5HlxPM.jpg

Night Shade
phpbf3WBHPM.jpg

Here you can really see the FIM cut
php9w7iQPPM.jpg

phphakvhbPM.jpg

In this pic you can see a doritos bag. I cut it and taped it to a grid that I had bent from a storage box. It turns out that the reflective material inside of any chips bag is mylar. I just place it on top of the jacket.
phpfdqzfTPM.jpg

php8EcZNtPM.jpg

Red Dragon
php6mgzloPM.jpg

phpQ2cdDSPM.jpg

phpqjfnv7PM.jpg

Power Kush
phppmHFobPM.jpg

phptfym9VPM.jpg

Lemon Skunk
phpfUWA9QPM.jpg

php5yDcLPPM.jpg

Re: Barney's farm strains. +2 Free seeds.

The red dragon got fed after those pics were taken as you can see it was hungry.

I hope you guys enjoy this grow and I hope more of you follow this grow log and give me advice. Enjoy and please comment on my grow.

Even Flow by Pearl Jam! Got it going on! Great pictures, great training you are very busy!
This is Me :nomo:
This is You AND Me :passitleft:
See you Later!

The reason it came out *** is names of anything other than weed is verboten. I reported your post, and the mods will edit it. Don't take it as a slap down or anything like that, I'm staff, growing the same strain and it happened to me.

Yeah its got a reflector on it. A homemade one but it sure does work well. And thanks to all you guys for the comments. More pics will be posted later tonight.

Just the circulating water for now. Since its winter I have the reservoir outside my house. Its 20 degrees outside right now so thats what keeps the water cold. It helps out a lot with the temp in the room. Plus I can keep my plants closer to the light without it burning them.

In the summer though Im almost positive that I'll need a chiller, or atleast a bigger reservoir. Whatevers cheaper for me.

Hey man! Looking great! I like your lamp...I'm using aircooled and a was wondering, what's the "for and agains" with water cooled?
I'm waiting for some seeds from barney's farm right now :) and some of the ones I got now is from Barney's farm.

Peace!! ;)

Hey man! Looking great! I like your lamp...I'm using aircooled and a was wondering, what's the "for and agains" with water cooled?
I'm waiting for some seeds from barney's farm right now :) and some of the ones I got now is from Barney's farm.

Peace!! ;)
Well, I really dont see anything about the water cooled jacket that Im against besides how pricy it is. I paid 400 just for the jacket. And also it comes with a fixture attached to it which sucks because it wouldnt fit my ballast which to me seems like they just want you to waste more money buying their ballast. In the end I just ending up modifying my old reflector so it would fit the jacket. Wasnt too hard. Just need a soldering iron and its best if you take picture of it all wired together before you start pulling stuff apart so you dont end up short circuiting anything. Overall though I think it was worth it. I dont need an a/c cause the light doesnt heat up the room at all which saves me money on my electric bill. Plus the light can be super close to the plants. It looks like theres more light penetration with it being so close. No co2 gets burned away from the extremely hot light bulb. Its a bitch to clean if algae starts to grow though. I started adding chlorine which helped me out a lot.

They took down some of my pics because of its name so I'll be posting more of it later tonight. Sorry about that guys.

Most of the LST is done by my brother, I just watch and help with it sometimes. But I'm really liking the results of the FIM cut from the Night Shade. Its amazing how many new branches grow in. The L-S-D was FIMMED in its recent pic. Still no results. Not expecting any this soon anyways. It looks like its getting root bound cause of the small pot its in, still waiting on my fox farms ocean forest to come in so hopefully they dont make my plant suffer to long.

Back
Top Bottom