Water Cooled Grow Light. Barney's Farm Strains. 1st Journal

Ok, so My nightshade and red dragon look kinda sick. They almost look like they were burned from a feeding, but I hadn't fed when this happened. I changed the light recently to HPS so they can get use to it but shortly after I changed the light they started looking really bad. The edges of the leaves are folding upwards and there are blotches of yellow almost a brownish redish color on them. The others look kinda sick too but not as bad as the RD and NS. I also tested the PH which is at 8, I watered them with some lemon juice which took it down to 7. Could it have been the PH or the light change? I'll take pics as soon as I can.

It sounds like to much light, leaves curling up or to warm or PH problem. I quit useing HPS lights because my plants always looked like ship. Others use them with good results, but moved to a Sunmaster MH warm bulb. Red inhanced bulb. :peace:

Re: Water cooled grow light. Barney's Farm strains.

Ok, here go some pics. Sorry about how long it took me to post them, I was busy. Please tell me what this is and what I need to change. I feed them everytime the dirt is bone dry which is about every 3 days or so. Sometimes I just water them with molasses. This happened after the light was changed to HPS and the light cycle was shorter. Only to the red dragon and Night shade, a little bit on the L- S - D and Lemon skunk but only like 3 or 4 leaves.

1873.jpg

2580.jpg

3494.jpg

4383.jpg

Its kinda hard to tell in these pics but the leaves stems and some of the branches have a deep red color to them.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention I gave them dialuted lemon juice that red at 6.5 to drop the ph from 8. It dropped down to 7 now. Could the Ph being at 8 have caused this to them.

Defiantly looks like a zinc diff. Add something with P in it. I have heard you can also put galvanized (zinc coated) nails in the soil.

On closer inspection looks like it could be Mg as well. Try adding some epsom salt or cal-mag and something with P, hopefully it should clear it up.

Don't forget the extra P or nails. The Epsom is for the Mg. I sent you a pm too...

Thanks a lot KiwiKing, Your advice helped a lot. It was a mag dif. After I gave them mag. They perked right up. The new growth looks healthy and nice. I will post a pic once they are fully in flowering. But yeah they reacted nicely to the epsom salt. I also think it had something to do with the ph which i fixed with lemon juice.

Glad your plants perked up. Also, the pH of water pH downed with lemon juice will slowly rise. Using lemon juice as pH up is not permanent like a bottle of pH up.

Its been a while since I lasted posted pictures, so here you go. Its been about 1 week into flowering in these pictures. Theres a huge difference. Part of my problem previously I discovered was that I wasnt feeding them enough. Now that I've been feeding them more they really have been growing quite a bit. The L-S-D is almost as tall as me. Its insane.

Group shot
aLL34.jpg

Power Kush
PK562.jpg

PK134.jpg

PK-65.jpg

Amnesia Lemon
AL24.jpg

AL45.jpg

L-S-D
Ls-d56.jpg

LS-d_46.jpg

l-sD09.jpg

Lemon Skunk
LS_13.jpg

I forgot to take more pictures of the LS so I'll get some more on here later

Night Shade
NS56.jpg

NS76.jpg

NS89.jpg

NS78.jpg

Red Dragon
RD54.jpg

RD123.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics. I will post better ones, Im still learning how to use this damn camera. I know it can take way better shots though.

Its just the remaining leaves. Its already been fixed. And those pics are crappy, Im not too good of a photographer. I'll have my brother take some, he always gets really pro like shots. The new growth is a lot better.

My leaves are kinda folding in from the sides and facing downward. Sorta like a claw folding in, theres no burns or discoloring, its green and looks fine besides the folding in part. I feed them once every two days. I try and get the soil not too wet but wet enough. Could it be over fertilizing or under watering? Or is the light too close? What is this and how do I fix it? Please give me advice.

Or is it still the mag dif. like everyone else was saying. If so I really dont know why cause the molassess I give them has a good amount of magnesium.

Back
Top Bottom