Water Cooled Grow Light. Barney's Farm Strains. 1st Journal

But does it look like a mag dif? The leaves are bendind down like a claw. They're green and everything just bent down, sorta like an upside down taco shell. Still normal growth, just bothers me to see the leaves like that.

But does it look like a mag dif? The leaves are bendind down like a claw. They're green and everything just bent down, sorta like an upside down taco shell. Still normal growth, just bothers me to see the leaves like that.

Sounds like your describing what I just went through with the ls*, it was a major case of nute burn...clawed down, deep green color....turned out my ppm was over 2000 ppm due to a faulty pen...just a thought, might be something different..GL

Just look at the last pics i posted. The plants are showing the curling down in those pics. Look at the top leaves. Those are the ones doing it the most. It could be nute burn. I'll take a break from nutes and just water and see how they proceed.

I'm not seeing much to be worried about. My super lemon haze was doing something similar...cleared up after about a week and a half. If it was nute burn they would be curling up and not down. I also wouldn't drop the nutes...the only thing I can think it could be is too much water. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Alright cool. Thats what I was thinking cause the flowers and leaves keep growing at a normal rate. Havent seen anything slow down. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll post some more pictures sometime soon.

Here are some bud shots. The camera died while we were taking pictures so we only got a few shots. I wanted to show off more buds since there are some that look prettier then these. I also didn't even get a chance to take shots of the lemon skunk, which is very pretty. I'll go get more batteries and take some more of all of them cause these pictures are a few days old and there is a noticable difference. In these pictures they are maybe a week and a half into flowering.

NightShade
NS_2.jpg

Amnesia Lemon
AL-4.jpg

Power Kush
PK_1.jpg

L-S-D
LS_d2.jpg

Red Dragon
RD_1.jpg

RD_3.jpg

More bud shots. Lemon Skunk included this time. More will be posted of the L-S-D and as well as the Red dragon. Probably this weekend so just check in. And comment. Any problems you see, tell me.

Lemon Skunk
LS_109.jpg

LS-67.jpg

LS_09.jpg

Power Kush
PK_12.jpg

PK-45.jpg

PK-23.jpg

Amneisa Lemon
AL-454.jpg

AL-42.jpg

AL-123.jpg

LS_D54.jpg

NightShade
NS_67.jpg

NS-03.jpg

NS-031.jpg

NS-123.jpg

L-S-D
Ls_D76.jpg

Red Dragon
RD_065.jpg

I have mylar on one side of the wall and the flash relecting off of it made the pic of the l-s-d look like that. I think it looks pretty cool personally

What do you think causes the leaves to do that curl thing?
Weird, Because they look green and spotless.

Im not sure. I've really been ttrying to figure out what has been causing it but I cant find much about it. Like the post above says it could be over watering or ph. Before this picture I was watering every 2 days. When the soil is crusty dry. My ph is a bit over 7.

Funny, things seem to be developing well too. You can Pm a Grow Support Member and ask Them to stop by your grow for suggestions? McBudz or Setting Sun, Be IRIE. Just a Thought?

Your plants don't look so hot... With regards to growing with CO2 - its really tricky.

Temperatures should be 85 to 95 degrees, the CO2 level should be 1200 to 1500 (not 1500 to 2200) and you normally need to increase your feeding and watering from standard non co2 usage levels.

When you increase the CO2 your plants can experience explosive growth - and this effect comes from the plants ability to process light, uptake nutes, process food (sugars), and transpire h20 etc at a higher rates... the reason for increased feeding and watering.... however, your just killing your plants with kindness because your enviroment isn't properly adjusted. In order to be able to benefit from an enhanced C02 growing enviroment all 6 enviromental factors - temp, RH, PH, nutes, water and co2 levels should be at optimum levels... yours simply arent.

So while you may be gaining some benefit and seeing some results from using extra CO2... your not realizing the maximum growth potential or yield that you should/could be experiencing.

Insofar as raising the temp level in the grow tent... its probably as easy as turning off the water cooling system for the light... just dont forget to watch the canopy as the light will get hotter and you wouldnt want fry your plant.

Insofar as proper feeding... I don't have alot of experience with soil, but from what I understand... its feed - water - water -feed - water - water...

Your CO2 levels could be be toxic... ideal is 1200 to 1500 @ 85/90 degrees... not 2200 at mid 70's.

Yikes man! I didn't realize they were that bad. Something is defiantly off. I was reading someones journal....maybe woodsman's....and noticed that he had a similar problem and they fed with hydrated lime (to up the pH) and the problem disappeared. Do you have a pH pen?

Well I think I need a dehumidifier cause I honestly think its the humidity in the room. Its always above 85% and there really isnt anything I can do to fix it. I get a fan blowing in there which gets it down to about 50, but then I walk in there an hour later and its back to 80. Its not the PH cause I've tried all sorts of things with ph and it doesnt fix it. I've tried not feeding it for a while and watering and it doesnt help, I've tried just not watering for a bit which made it worse. The RH is the only thing I really cant help since I use co2. Could it be the humidity in the air? I mean they are in flowering and I know its suppose to be a lot lower.

Well.... the plants have a lil more leeway with the humidity...

Seedlings and Vegatative plants grow best when the RH is 60 to 70% Flowering plants grow best in 40 to 60%

Lower humidty discourages disease and pests. As with tempature, consistent humidity promotes healthy and even growth. RH affects the transpiration rate of the stomata. When humidty is high water evaporates slowly. The stomata close, transpiration slows... plant growth slows.

Transpiration in dryier conditions will be rapid ONLY if there is enough water for the plants roots to draw in. If the water supply is insuffienct - the stomata will close to protect the plant from dehydration... and again growth will slow.

When the RH is above 70% the pressure can be too much outside the leaf and the too little inside -stomata close...plant growth slow.

Humidity over 80% discourages spider mites and encourages fungus and root/stem rot. Humidty 60% and less reduces chances of fungus and rot.

40 to 60% is a safe level that encourages transpiration and discourages fungus growth - while 70% + is prime breeding grounds for fungi and molds.

Back
Top Bottom