Wreckedsummer's - CFL - Bonsai Garden

DeanB welcome welcome welcome!
Already jumped off into a great topic!!

On to another question... how often do you change your bulbs? When needed? Or every grow ?

Thanks again for stopping in.. :passitleft:

I actually never thought about it until you asked. I'm on my second set in three grows. I'm sure someone has kept track of how many hours are on their cfl's. I'm bad at keeping notes. :oops:

Nice setup. I just finished a T5HO flower run. I hung 3, 24W 5000K and a 55w 2700K for close to 325w total. I used the 2" 8 bulb setup at 192w.
Your girls are looking like they need more food, try every other watering with food. Pale green on top leaves means low Mg which means Ca is off too, check that your PH is under 6.5 with food. I feed at 5.7-5.9, and I avoided lockout. Cutt's in small pots are hard to keep happy and if you do not want to over feed look at some type of compost feed, I use FF Big Bloom. It's not a flowering product no matter what it's called. It's gentle and can be used every watering. Other then the pale leaves all looks great. Your just out growing your pots quickly.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Hey millertm :welcome: Thanks heaps for all that info!!
I've been given them weaker feeds. Will start increasing this week.
Thanks heaps for the info on the PH, I was feeding at like 6.8, so will give that a try next feed. Was planning on uppotting soonish just not as large as the pot from my last grow.
Thanks again for being here!

Hey brother everything is looking great over here! Glad i saw you signature when you posted on my journal otherwise who knows how long it would have taken me to find my way here lol. Seems everyone is starting new journals heck even ive contemplated it lol. Anyways glad i caught this journal early you know im coming along for the ride lol

Hahah I knew you'd find your way here brother! Welcome!!!!
Though I should have sent a some invites out :roorrip:
Yeah I think I'll just keep this one ongoing.
Glad to have you here brother! :passitleft:

When you see grows like this, it just proves that you really don't have to spend 5,000$ to grow good weed. Keep up the awesome work man.

Heya ws, good Sunday evenin to ya,, cheersz,,,,

I have read there is an 'effective'period for cfls,, and that some change with every grow,, me, no, too cheap,, mine are going into one full year and just gave me me biggest buds to date,, probably means nothing,, just me,, cheers:Namaste:

Hey brother how much do you think you have sunk into your grow so far? Im sure it paid for itself with that beautiful harvest you just had :rollit: :tokin:

I'm subbed! CFL grows are my favourite since pretty much everyone has access to a CFL.

Smokiebear Welcome!!
Have to agree with you there. I was an outdoor grower before 420mag, having moved I had to take the grow inside, I started researching micro growing and saw the pc case grow boxes and was blown away.. had to try, on a ever so slightly bigger scale,

Heya ws, good Sunday evenin to ya,, cheersz,,,,

I have read there is an 'effective'period for cfls,, and that some change with every grow,, me, no, too cheap,, mine are going into one full year and just gave me me biggest buds to date,, probably means nothing,, just me,, cheers:Namaste:

Heya Nivek! Hmmm that definatley sounds like some interesting stuff to look up, I'll post it if I find anything :)

Haha it all the good vibes created in the studio that gave ya those big buds my man.

:Namaste:

Hey brother how much do you think you have sunk into your grow so far? Im sure it paid for itself with that beautiful harvest you just had :rollit: :tokin:

Hey brother with electricity and EVERYTHING I've put in $250 last grow.
Pulled over an Oz (which are 300 a bag here)
And over a half of trim that made a wicked brownie.
So $50 profit + brownie slab haha.
And have everything I need for a few grows.
So hopefully the next few runs will start putting money away for a tent and accessories :)
Happy days hey!!

And that's something coming from you... your buds had me like :drool:

Keep up the good work my man. I started out using cfls as well, but upgraded a little while back. Once I had the space/money to do so ofcourse.

Hey brother with electricity and EVERYTHING I've put in $250 last grow.
Pulled over an Oz (which are 300 a bag here)
And over a half of trim that made a wicked brownie.
So $50 profit + brownie slab haha.
And have everything I need for a few grows.
So hopefully the next few runs will start putting money away for a tent and accessories :)
Happy days hey!!

And that's something coming from you... your buds had me like :drool:
Not bad at all brother! I was pretty sure you would come out ahead. Cfls are a great way to get a feel for growing or just for growing a few plants to get some personal smoke lol. My hope with that new led light i just got is that it gives me a little more umph then the cfls gave me, plus im curious to see how much better the leds penetrate the canopy as apposed to the cfls. Anyways any idea how you wanting grow these girls? You sticking with lst? You did a awesome job with it last journal. Good vibes your way brother!

Long live CFL. Here is a shot of my current grow in Veg. Why burn 1000W on cuttings when you can use 300W actual. 300W in a 2X2 area is 75W per Sq Ft. Only downfall is that you need to keep it small but it works well.

Millertm

20160111_181733.jpg

Mornin friends,, just a note on those cfl holders in the mil pic there,, Miller,, just sos ya know, and i am sure yiu do,, but there are adapters that fit into those light sockets that hold two bulbs instead of one,, i actually split it, then split it again,, four bulbs in one socket,, power so low, no worries,, see if I can find a pic,, be right back,,

P1140544.JPG

There are a few interesting adapters, can get quite creative indeed,,

Just a heads up,, cheers

I stopped chasing watts trough CFL's. If your in a 2x2 area with small plants 300 watts will do a great job. I know cuz I'm feeling my last harvest now. But 1000 watt HPS or greater (DE), will handle a 4x4 tent while even 3, 4 foot 8 bulb T5HO with 8 x 48 watt (~400 watts) for one on top and one for each side, 1200 real watts will fall short of 1, 1k watt HPS. But I'm loving your grow, and your killing it with the splitters. 24w is your best bang for your money. I'll post how well it flowers.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Back
Top Bottom