Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Quick pics, and some final ones on the plant... everything has since been harvested! :)

Humboldt
feb_27_7.jpg

feb_27_9.jpg

feb_27_8.jpg

The darker color in the Humboldt is purple, but I had a helluva time capturing it with the camera... Too bad, it's really gorgeous in person
feb_27_5.jpg

Fluffier lower tier buds, but this photo captured the purple coloring a little bit better:
feb_27_6.jpg

Jillybean
feb_27_3.jpg

feb_27_2.jpg

Pineapple Express
feb_27_1.jpg

pssssssh...the same great buds as usual :)
Hope all is well man!!!!

Hi all, just a reminder. To give a person +Reps. You have to click on star at the bottom left of a persons post. Use them wisely, you only get so many to give. :Namaste:

Hi all, just a reminder. To give a person +Reps. You have to click on star at the bottom left of a persons post. Use them wisely, you only get so many to give. :Namaste:

Good post! It did take me a couple months to figure that out when I first joined, wish someone woulda made it easy for
Me I think I hit every other button on here trying to figure it out a few months back:)!!

Everyone has their own way of doing things, so I'll just lay out mine. Many like h2o2 as a regular additive, but I personally feel like it should be reserved primarily for emergencies. I also like hygrozyme, but not so much in conjunction with Zone or even in an active hydro system so much. Many use it that way though. As far as the h2o2, it's an indiscriminate killer - it will perform miraculously at the task of cleaning up root problems if used right, but it also leaves the roots themselves somewhat damaged and weak - leaving them more vulnerable to the same sort of stuff you were trying to get rid of. They'll look good, so it's misleading somewhat. This is part of why you'll hear some people suggest that once you use it during a grow, you may need to keep using it. It also runs it's course pretty quickly (2-3 days before it's effectiveness is seriously reduced) and requires more frequent add-ins if used as a regular additive. So, I leave it for emergency root problems as a last resort. Many others do this differently, and that's okay, this is just my take and what I do.

"Zone" is said to have some chloramines in it, but I'm not 100% sure of everything it has in its makeup. Dutch Master is notoriously secretive about what goes into their products beyond listing what they need to for legal reasons. I do know that one of the main things that makes it work is Copper (Copper Sulfate I believe). Copper is deadly to algaes, bacterias and even plants in high enough doses. But, in the right doses very effective at maintaining a healthy rootzone. Enzymes can live harmoniously with "Zone" but I don't think they are necessary to use together personally. I've only used it a couple of times in the Flo N Gro, and had a bit of a hiccup so now I just stick to "Zone" and during veg... I use Root Magic between reservoir changes. For my coco coir plants/moms, I typically use hygrozyme and Root Magic, without the Zone. Though, I've done coco coir with Zone in the past, too.

I use Zone weekly, and I believe in weekly reservoir changes. Sometimes due to "life happening" I'll stretch it to 10 days before a change, and I've gone as far as 2 weeks, but I wouldn't go 2 weeks on a regular basis personally.

My recommendation would be to keep it as simple as possible as far as root zone treatments. If you want to be "sterile" then, I still think Zone is your best bet (without hygrozyme and h2o2). Alternatively you could use beneficials like mycorrhiza with or without enzymes like hygrozyme.

Again, some of this info people have passionate feelings in other directions. But, this is where I've landed after much trial and error and watching others trial and error (and a little reading up).

Hiker, thanks for sharing what's working for you. I appreciate you weighing in. I hope you don't take my thoughts as being critical to your regimen, as far as h2o2... but, you might want to try just the Zone at some point to see how that works out. The other products can add a layer of complication and/or cause some other issues inadvertently so that's something to consider as well.

Please let me know if I missed anything or if something needs more illumination. :)

Great post!! Thanks for sharing what works for you. I take no offense at all. In fact, I'm going to take your advice and remove the H2O2 from my regiment for awhile. :Namaste:

I am going to continue to use some of the Hygrozyme for at least one or two more res changes as I think it promotes root growth and I'd like the plants to build a little more root mass since they were stunted a little early on due to the low res temps.

I really appreciate you posting on my journal as well. :thanks:

Oh my God X.
Unbelievable update!
beautiful pics!

wiw!

+reps X buds look great as always.

+rep awesome results, those plants got a lot of TLC you can tell.:bravo:

Nice meds! Without doubt.

pssssssh...the same great buds as usual :)
Hope all is well man!!!!

beautiful pics X, looks like you knocked another round out of the park, +reps:bravo:

Oh my God X.
Unbelievable update!
beautiful pics!

wiw!

nice update!

err
what they said:thumb:

Pretty girls you got growing Xlr8!!!

Beautiful photos - those buds look amazing!

Thanks for the kind words and the reps guys - you all rock! :thanks:

Naphtali, good to see you - I'm doing okay, but I seem to have really screwed myself up a bit while trimming buds (back spasms and muscle cramping afterwards). Time to take it easy for a couple of days, and enjoy the fruits of my labor perhaps... :)

Good post! It did take me a couple months to figure that out when I first joined, wish someone woulda made it easy for
Me I think I hit every other button on here trying to figure it out a few months back:)!!

Good point OMM - I remember being confused by how to give reps when I first joined the site. Back then, it was a set of scales like "scales of justice"... remember that? :)

Great post!! Thanks for sharing what works for you. I take no offense at all. In fact, I'm going to take your advice and remove the H2O2 from my regiment for awhile. :Namaste:

I am going to continue to use some of the Hygrozyme for at least one or two more res changes as I think it promotes root growth and I'd like the plants to build a little more root mass since they were stunted a little early on due to the low res temps.

I really appreciate you posting on my journal as well. :thanks:

Glad it was helpful, Hiker. :)

+Reps for that

Hey Everyone!

Been a busy few days getting everything harvested, trimmed and drying. There is some gorgeous bud that should hold me over for a while. I hope it all cures as good as it looks. As I mentioned in a previous post, the trimming and harvesting have really tired me out and kept me busy - especially since my wife was unable to help this time (usually this part is her super-power, and she is twice as fast at trimming as me). I'll try to get caught up on what everyone else has going on when I can, but I may need to just rest primarily for a day or two as I'm dealing with bad spasms and cramps. Trimming and harvesting always takes a bit out of me for some reason, but doing nearly all of it myself this time has flat wiped me out.

I can't thank you all enough for the many kind words, reps and support - I feel so blessed to have had you all along for the ride, and for the many supportive comments!!

:thanks:

Beautiful pics X ....they are so sticky, looks like Medicated Gooo! Take care of your back .....stretching excersizes ! and Meds !

Back
Top Bottom