Relaxed's Winter Experiment

Hi:welcome:, and hello fellow growers! I decided to start up my winter thread. Coming off an excellent spring grow season, I have decided to test the limits of cannabis, and of these particular strain genetics by attempting to grow and flower female cannabis plants and sample a possible end product for such strict photoperiod circumstances. However I will be vegetating for a little while under man-made lights, I will be putting the plants outside when I think they are strong enough to give it a go. :Namaste:

Here's some starting information:
What strain is it? KC-45, Russian Ruderalis x Brazilian Haze (autoflowers) via Herbies Headshop
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? It is a high percentage sativa.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 24 hours?
If in Flower stage... For how long? 0
Indoor or outdoor? Both I guess
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? A mixture of topsoil infused with dolomite clay, composted bark and peat moss, and general dirt.
If soil... What size pot? Nothing big
Size of light? The current plan for vegging is two 23 watt 6500 K CFLs + one 60 watt 2700 K CFL.
Is it aircooled? Not yet
Temp of Room/cab? Variable
RH of Room/cab? Definitely variable, mostly high.
PH of media or res? unknown
Any Pests ? Probably
How often are you watering? Whenever they need it.
Type and strength of ferts used? They will be getting organic tea

The current situation with them is that I have germinated and planted 5 seeds in sphagnum peat moss with 100% success, although the seed casings were quite tight on two of the seedlings, I had to assist with carefully removing them when the shell dried up a bit. I actually have already vibed and sense some of the moods of these particular plants, being born over 24 hours ago, I sense that they LOVE the darkness, they grow so much in the dark it is incredible. So hopefully this odd way of life keeps up to match the winter theme. I must note that it will very rarely go below freezing here, as we are about 400 yards from the ocean front, it stays a decent bit warmer at night during this time of year compared to inland because the insulating effect of a such a large mass of water nearby.:smokin:
photo_71_.jpg
photo_1350.JPG
photo_2298.JPG
photo_72_.jpg
photo_73_.jpg

Subbed up. Thanks for starting a new journal RL. I will frequently invite other newbs here as I know you'll likely drop bombs on us all the time! can't wait to see your style in action!

Edit - I will be doing my first outdoor grow this spring. I'm across the map from you and weather here is very dry and cold in the winter, very warm to hot and highly humid in the summer. The strains I plan to out with include Barney's Tangerine Dream and Pineapple Chunk, the rest of my White Widow/Skunk #1 regulars (4 seeds), some clones I'm gonna grab off a friend and am still on the fence with my last Bomb Seeds THC Bomb. I plant to start this week to start the selection of phenotypes, after narrowing those down by frequent topping and LST, clones will be taken from the strongest to be vegged and topped a bit themselves. I'm shooting for mid to late May.

As this is my first outdoor grow, I will pay extra special attention to your grow and I hope you actually get out before me so I can learn what I need to learn before I experience it. Question RL. What kinds of materials can I expect to be in need of? I currently have most of a bag of FFOF and most of a bag of Ancient Forest. I am planning to mix them together with perlite and find a half decent local soil from the ground to make that go a little further. Do you have any suggestions now or would you rather I glean as you go? Either way works for me.

Lester I'm about ready to start some autos also. I'm going to see how you do it. :popcorn:

Lester I'm about ready to start some autos also. I'm going to see how you do it. :popcorn:

Right on Bill! Glad to have you around again.
I'm in Lester :thumb:
Ahoy matey!
I am all in.
Welcome my friend!!
woohoo in like Flynn :thumb:
My one and only mascot!
Question RL. What kinds of materials can I expect to be in need of? I currently have most of a bag of FFOF and most of a bag of Ancient Forest. I am planning to mix them together with perlite and find a half decent local soil from the ground to make that go a little further. Do you have any suggestions now or would you rather I glean as you go? Either way works for me.

Hello Skybound and Welcome to my thread! Well, yeah, some people like to vegetate their plants starting inside about January, and then release them outside about late February early March as spring turns around. Those plants tend to typically get far enough into flowering they will easily finish up before the summer solstice. In some cases, though, they can revert back to vegetative and end up growing all season. I'm sure you will be fine as long as you pay attention to your plants. I do grow in a high humidity scenario (on the beach), so I do understand the constant problems with bare-boned outdoor growing. Lots of fungus, and a multitude of different creatures. For me, most of those problems arise in mid-late flowering...but that is a long way away my friend...:;) PS To Answer your question, just go with the flow! :surf:

Back
Top Bottom