1080w LED Inferno

so very true! i will have to put a alarm on my cell phone to remind me to check it every day. :thumb:

If you check your plants and photo them around the same time, then consider putting the floro on its own timer. That will ensure it goes off each time.

Cannibalize one of those hand-dryers made for public restrooms, the old kind where you have to hit the button to turn it on and then it only runs for a minute, and wire your work light through it.

Of course then you'd have to do all your work really fast and that could lead to accidents.

There's always the green CFL (or LED) greenhouse utility light option.

Not trying to scare you with the H word, lol. Not even sure it's the correct term when it's caused by stress. BUT it's something to be aware of, especially when your garden is a high-(heat)stress environment. If your plants make it all the way through without going shim on you then they'd make good candidates for STS selfing if you want to produce seeds against future need (or the chance to store the genetics without keeping a mother) as it would be highly unlikely that you'd have any hermaphrodites among the seeds.

I had a nicely mind-blowing strain back in '93 or thereabouts that liked to throw a few male flowers right at the start. At first I thought it WAS a male and almost tossed it. It would continue to produce an occasional single male flower once in a while throughout flowering and then produce more when it got real close to the harvest date. When that happened I'd debate cutting it early as it was sometimes a RPITA and I'd often see immature seeds in the buds. Not to mention that the waiting sucked as it was a 105-day strain, lol. But when cut early it was so paranoia-inducing that your neck might be sore the next day from all the "twitching" you did at noises or (real or imagined) movements you would almost see out of the corner of your eyes. Taken at the proper time, though... It wasn't a pain-relieving strain but I think you could almost get your arm broken and go, "Ow, it hurts!" followed by, "Oh look - cool..." More like it allowed you to completely disassociate from the pain. Still there but suddenly about 237th on your list of things to notice, lol. Really jumped your mind to another level. Was a completely unknown (and low-producing) bag strain and I miss it. For a while, every time I'd find an old seed or two around the house I'd get my hopes up but no luck.

Cannibalize one of those hand-dryers made for public restrooms, the old kind where you have to hit the button to turn it on and then it only runs for a minute, and wire your work light through it.

Of course then you'd have to do all your work really fast and that could lead to accidents.

There's always the green CFL (or LED) greenhouse utility light option.

Not trying to scare you with the H word, lol. Not even sure it's the correct term when it's caused by stress. BUT it's something to be aware of, especially when your garden is a high-(heat)stress environment. If your plants make it all the way through without going shim on you then they'd make good candidates for STS selfing if you want to produce seeds against future need (or the chance to store the genetics without keeping a mother) as it would be highly unlikely that you'd have any hermaphrodites among the seeds.

I had a nicely mind-blowing strain back in '93 or thereabouts that liked to throw a few male flowers right at the start. At first I thought it WAS a male and almost tossed it. It would continue to produce an occasional single male flower once in a while throughout flowering and then produce more when it got real close to the harvest date. When that happened I'd debate cutting it early as it was sometimes a RPITA and I'd often see immature seeds in the buds. Not to mention that the waiting sucked as it was a 105-day strain, lol. But when cut early it was so paranoia-inducing that your neck might be sore the next day from all the "twitching" you did at noises or (real or imagined) movements you would almost see out of the corner of your eyes. Taken at the proper time, though... It wasn't a pain-relieving strain but I think you could almost get your arm broken and go, "Ow, it hurts!" followed by, "Oh look - cool..." More like it allowed you to completely disassociate from the pain. Still there but suddenly about 237th on your list of things to notice, lol. Really jumped your mind to another level. Was a completely unknown (and low-producing) bag strain and I miss it. For a while, every time I'd find an old seed or two around the house I'd get my hopes up but no luck.

their you go i will go to Jack In The Box and take their push button air dryer.lol. that shouldn't be too hard?:bongrip:

thats crazy about that strain ur talking about never heard of anything like that before. sounds like fun to smoke that one, i could be like smoky on the movie Friday, where he is twitching in the pigeon coupe.lol.. :thumb:

Hello there:reading420magazine: Just another faithful follower jumpin along the ride on this epic journey you have started irish:rocker: haha between your threads and the Lucas threads(which I have been trying to catch up with for the past 3 months, their could really be nothing else you can ask for as a noob jus tryna get that real info you need in order to get on the right track with growing quality meds. In fact, Lucas inspired me to go hydro, and you inspired me to go LED(along with mikes lights). Before just a few weeks ago I knew slightly nothing about either. Now I have a DWC system as my first grow and just ordered a GLH 180 which my girls are anxiously awaiting. If you wouldn't mind I could post pics up n see what opinions I can get to help with what I have going on. Anyways, SWEEEEEET ladies you got goin:goodjob: Hope all goes well as I know it will cuz u got skills and really pay attention to your girls from what I seen. So keep it up Peace:peace:

Hello there:reading420magazine: Just another faithful follower jumpin along the ride on this epic journey you have started irish:rocker: haha between your threads and the Lucas threads(which I have been trying to catch up with for the past 3 months, their could really be nothing else you can ask for as a noob jus tryna get that real info you need in order to get on the right track with growing quality meds. In fact, Lucas inspired me to go hydro, and you inspired me to go LED(along with mikes lights). Before just a few weeks ago I knew slightly nothing about either. Now I have a DWC system as my first grow and just ordered a GLH 180 which my girls are anxiously awaiting. If you wouldn't mind I could post pics up n see what opinions I can get to help with what I have going on. Anyways, SWEEEEEET ladies you got goin:goodjob: Hope all goes well as I know it will cuz u got skills and really pay attention to your girls from what I seen. So keep it up Peace:peace:

i am glad i could be some help to you. and theirs nothing wrong with the Lucas formula IMO, it works great and will save you allot of money.

please be my guest and post what ever pics you want when you want i dont mind at all, this is every ones thread as long as others keep it respectful.
Hey Irish should I bury my girls deeper in the hydroton since they got like 4 inches tall?

you plant should be deep enough to support itself, so in other words if she is looking like she is going to fall over or her roots are exposed then i would bury her deeper. no when i say bury her deeper i mean to add your medium on top and not dig her up and replant her deeper, you should leave her roots alone as much as possible when their that little. remember when her roots grow their going to grow down so their will anchor them self pretty good. you could always add a stake or tie her if she falls when she buds, i do it all the time

hey guys i just wanted to tell you about this paint mixer i just bought from lowe's today. this thing is bad ass ive never seen any thing mix water so good. its truly amazing! it mixes water so good it whirlpool so big its crazy. i cant believe all these years and i never had one of these! this one has a blue plastic mixer that has tons of fins it cost around $10.00 and its 18" long and hooks up to your drill. trust me its worth every penny i put it in my 18gal res and every thing mixed up within a few seconds. if you tired of mixing by hand and want something that will mix your nutes beyond you mind check this thing out.

the drill is only at half speed in this pic, its a 14.8v drill. i cant do full speed it will create to big of a whirlpool and make a mess
100_2608_600x449.JPG

100_2609_600x449.JPG

100_2610_600x449.JPG

Leaving lights on....tsk-tsk. Actually, I'm glad I'm not alone. Another new skill I'm trying is cloning and I go from soft light to periods of strong light. Forgetting to turn off the strong light eliminated clone project part 3. Part 1 too much sunshine, Part 2 too much 180w LED.

So far, clone project 4 and 5 seems ok for now (but give me a couple more days). I'm having a blast learning and lucky my ladies were great donors.

Anyways, I'm sure your girls'll be fine!

Nice mixer Irish! The plants are looking great too! I've left my light on like that too and never had a negative result. You can get a light timer that replaces the normal household switch, for cheap at the hardware store. I used to have one in my shed. It just has a knob on the front, instead of a switch and you twist it for 15 min or whatever. Just a thought!

thats a nifty mixer i could use something like that for my bubble bags.

You can use that for your bubblebags! It's actually recommended, for working the material better.

I thought that was for mixing drinks at a frat house!
its universal:)
Make a hole in the center of a bucket lid, slide the paint mixer through there, and crank it to 11 ;).
i cant find a lid that big that will fit my 18gal bucket. it ok i just have to be careful when i 1st fill up the res once the plants drink more it should be fine.
Hey have your ladies starting showing signs of flower yet?

oh ya their into flower mode for sure, popping hair out all over

thats a nifty mixer i could use something like that for my bubble bags.
it would be ideal for a bubble bag

Nice mixer Irish! The plants are looking great too! I've left my light on like that too and never had a negative result. You can get a light timer that replaces the normal household switch, for cheap at the hardware store. I used to have one in my shed. It just has a knob on the front, instead of a switch and you twist it for 15 min or whatever. Just a thought!

thats a great idea, i will have to look into that for sure. thanks + rep if i can?

You can use that for your bubblebags! It's actually recommended, for working the material better.

Back
Top Bottom