1st Grow, 2x2.5 Tent, Bogglegum, LED Moving To COB

I'm flipping on Monday. Just thinned out the Girls.
420-magazine-mobile1392843293.jpg

@ 50 days-

I am flipping to flower today. Going to set the 3500K whites at about 125 watts and run the reds at 50w. 12/12 schedule. I will slowly bump up the whites to about 150 over the next week and keep it going till I am at 265 for the duration of flower. I moved the lights up a few inches-maybe 2 or 3, so there currently about 16 from canopy.

The more I look at these plants, they are both looking female. I am pretty much going to assume female unless I see multiple balls. I am thinking I see pistols on plant #2, but to my novice eyes/mind...who knows. I will get some more detailed photos in a few days.

This particular strain says 48-58 days of flower, with 53 being about perfect. So about a month into this I can start a new grow. I am thinking I may start an auto with about 2-3 weeks left outside of the tent under a CFL. With a single auto going I can keep that at 18/6 and start a non-auto in the tent with about a month left on the Auto on the 18/6 schedule.

Today I am giving them 500ml of CaMg RODI, it's pH to about 6.8. I was thinking of adding some flawless finish to this water, but am not, I have only administered nutes about 6 times and there is no sign of stress. Plants are pretty dry this morning since it's been 3 days since the feeding.

Anyways, here goes nothing.

Plant #1-the prettier of the two
IMG_218630.jpg

Plant #2-believe showing pistols
IMG_218726.jpg

@52 days, 2nd day of flower.

I am going to pull them out of the tent to inspect for sex and give each 1 liter of CaMg Water. Actually gave each plant 2 liters, I really have erred on the side of under watering. Both are looking female, but no pistols yet, I read that it could be another 10-12 days.

Running the lights at 48w Osram and 133w Cit 3500K.

Two photos of the same with different exposure.

IMG_218927.jpg

IMG_218822.jpg

You'd think they would have shown sex by now. I thought they did it around the stipula when they were sexually mature even if they weren't in the flower cycle. I'm not sure when a cannabis plant is sexually mature though, I'm too new to this hobby :):allgood:

Everything I have read says it can take up to 14 days into flower to determine sex.

I have pre-flowers a plenty, but none can be anything more than closed at this point.

Giving it till the 15th or so....

@ 54 days, 4th day of flower.

Plants look healthy, reaching up a bit. None of the pre-flowers are open, I checked about 5 different spots on each plant. I know some people can look at the shape of the pre-flower and guess sex....I am kinda both ways on each plant right now-some look female and some look male. None of the sites have more than one pre-flower (balls), so I guess that is a good thing.

Temp is running 67-77, humidity is 50% or less. I bought a humidifier and am keeping it in the closet with the tent. It's not doing much, but removing a little, maybe 5%.

Friend of mine gave me some shake that was sticky and purple. Looked pretty low grade but wanted my opinion on it...pretty darn good stuff. Only gave me an 1/8th though...

I think in the next week or two I am going to set up a tiny clone/veg tent with a couple CFL and just plum air into the larger tent. That way I can save 3-4 weeks on waiting to veg. Looking at a OneDeal Mini Clone Box Grow Tent 2' x 2'

Anyway, first two photos are plant #1 (in the rear of the tent).

IMG_219128.jpg
IMG_219222.jpg

Next two photos are plant #2, in the front of the tent.

IMG_219328.jpg
IMG_219427.jpg

And both of them...after I dug around in the plants for sexing...

IMG_219526.jpg

Thoughts? I figure I will give them till the 15th to show something definitive.

@56 days, 6th day of flower.

Gave them each 2c of CaMg RODI bc soil was pretty dry and they looked like they could use it (limp leaves while looking at pre-flowers). I will proceed with a feeding tomorrow.

On inspection, I still do not see an open or multiple ball site (except one site on the top of plant #1). I don't see pistols yet. Ugh. This made me sad so I went and rolled some Pokie strain and smoked it. Better after. I go out of town next weekend, so no pistols by that monday and I will hack and assume male.

@57 days, 7th day of flower.

I peeked today...the pre-flowers at the tops of each branch have multiple sites/nodes/bumps, the ones lower than the tops only have one site or node. Both plants look the same maturity level and have multiples at the top.

So, is this budding or do I have a sausage party in my tent?

Photos tomorrow....Prob start an Auto tomorrow...I have blueberry (75 days), Barney's Pineapple Express, and a Dutch Passion Auto Cinderella Jack (70-77 days) which is supposed to be some strong stuff. I will probably start with the Auto Cinderella Jack, followed by a blueberry. I have a 1/4 of pineapple express in a jar now. That way I can start a photoperiod fem about a month or two into the Auto.

@57 days, 7th day of flower.

I peeked today...the pre-flowers at the tops of each branch have multiple sites/nodes/bumps, the ones lower than the tops only have one site or node. Both plants look the same maturity level and have multiples at the top.

So, is this budding or do I have a sausage party in my tent?

Photos tomorrow....Prob start an Auto tomorrow...I have blueberry (75 days), Barney's Pineapple Express, and a Dutch Passion Auto Cinderella Jack (70-77 days) which is supposed to be some strong stuff. I will probably start with the Auto Cinderella Jack, followed by a blueberry. I have a 1/4 of pineapple express in a jar now. That way I can start a photoperiod fem about a month or two into the Auto.
I started may Feb 4. I did a 57 day veg. Today is day 8 in flowering. Yesterday morning was the first I noticed Pistils. Pretty Excited.
420-magazine-mobile295758263.jpg

Kinda look like they have pistols and nuts, you should just order some autos, that way you can just run 18/6 the whole way, and they are for sure gonna be female and won't take more then 2 months from seed

Back
Top Bottom