Critical Jack & Dark Devil Auto Cross

Great way to keep the smell out of the rest of the house though! I sure wish I could do that, my whole place reeks of it on harvest day!
My wife is still complaining about smell even though i am in the tent.

It has taken me 4 hours to trim and wash two plants. At this rate i will be twelve hours before done. Not including breaks.
:ciao::popcorn::reading420magazine:

Probably too late to make this suggestion. I learned from Neiko to only take fan leaves and leave all those tasty little sugar leaves on. They will come of in the jars and that is some of the best produce you can get. I went from 11 hours trimming 4 plants to about 4! I'll never go back!

Congrats on the harvest!

Finally done! Whew, i can barely type on keyboard even after washing hands. :rofl:
You give new meaning to "Trim Jail":rofl::rofl::rofl::Namaste:
Sitting on a 5 gallon bucket for 10.5 hours trimming inside the tent might as well be a cell.
Probably too late to make this suggestion. I learned from Neiko to only take fan leaves and leave all those tasty little sugar leaves on. They will come of in the jars and that is some of the best produce you can get. I went from 11 hours trimming 4 plants to about 4! I'll never go back!

Congrats on the harvest!
I trim by the rule of thumb. If it has sugar on it, it stays.

Pictures coming tomorrow. Going to bed now. :ciao:

Late Fall 2018 Harvest of 5 Critical Dark Devils and 1 Jackie White/Purple Mayhem in 7 gallon pots inside an unheated garage. Flower time was 60 days with veg around 60 days as well. Both strains were in the window, The tallest plants were 55" tall and the others were around 42".
The CDDs yielded well with green, yellow, brown, and purple colors. Although the purple was faint it was there. Trichome production was slightly better than good. Some plants were so sticky my fingers would get stuck. The buds were dense and heavy. If you plan on growing the strain be sure you have a tomato cage or other supports ready. They will need it. They had hollow stems. Over all they did well in Kit soil despite some genetic issues. This was going to be my first grow with no hermies but in the very last CDD i found one nanner sack. I am still very please with that considering my last grow was much worse in that aspect.
The JW/PM was a pain to get started. It took three to four seeds to get one going but, once it was going it was a champ in the Kit soil. Very robust and never complained. Trichome production was great. The frostiest plant i have grown so far. At 60 days the pistils hadn't turned brown yet but the trichs were all cloudy. White was overwhelming color due to frost but it had some purple as well.
First picture is the wash buckets ready to go.
The first of the CDDs. There is a few pictures of the plant before chop and a picture after the wash. I forgot some after wash pictures.

CDD number 2

CDD number 3

This is the JW/PM.

The shorter CDDs.
This is Shrek. She produced well despite issues. CDD number 4

CDD number 5

All six plants hanging up. On the right, that is four plants and on the left is the last two plants cut. I bet you can pick out the JW/PM.

The wash buckets afterwards.
This is whats left. I learned a trick last harvest to keep my humidity up once all the plants are chopped. It seems every time i harvest the RH drops very low outside. RH 20-30% this harvest and last for some silly reason. Been in the 50s% most of the grow. Now we all know that plants transpire water in the air naturally. When i set my tent to recirculating the RH spikes because of this. Once you chop all the leaves off that stops or you have very small plants. But when you have 6 big plants in a room it stays high. So this harvest i kept as much leaves on the plants as i could and am keeping them in the tent with a dehumidifier controlling levels to maintain a 55 to 60% RH in the tent while they dry. Otherwise it would be 20-25%RH in the tent now. Just like last year. This year i am prepared for it. Another mistake i made last year was keeping the lights on for 24 hours after chopping for some reason i don't recall now. Not this year. Lights are off. I still have the tent set up in recirculating mode with fan filter combo running 100% and a large circulating fan on the floor on low along with the dehumidifier. Temps are 58-62 degrees depending if dehuey is on or not and RH is around 56-58%

Later on the this week i will cut all the extra stems off and give the dry weights per plant. I bet i finally broke the 1 pound mark.
What do you guys think?

Looking amazing Beamer! I think you beat the 1lb mark, I'll say 18.5 zips! :high-five::bravo:
...:bravo:...Yeah, I'll think you'll surpass a #...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz,,,h99k...:rollit::passitleft:...
I think you passed by your LB easy, them look great.

I hope so too. Its been three days and temps are 58-62 and humidity ranges 50-60. I still smell chlorophyll. I dont know if its from the buds or the leaves of the plants where the lights have been off for three days.
Should i still smell chlorophyll after three days?

I will say keeping the plants transpiring in the tent combined with a dehumidifier did a good job maintaining decent RH levels where Sunday it was 25%.

Please tell me more about it.

Chop, wash and hang to dry for about 4 hours. Then put into paper bags and in the fridge for 2 weeks. After a few days open bags and rotate buds, do that again in another 3 days and then just leave them until 2 weeks is up. Then they're ready to jar for curing. All the deets are here, DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

The terpenes are out of this world with this method. I was without 1/2 my fridge for 2 weeks but it's well worth it!

Chop, wash and hang to dry for about 4 hours. Then put into paper bags and in the fridge for 2 weeks. After a few days open bags and rotate buds, do that again in another 3 days and then just leave them until 2 weeks is up. Then they're ready to jar for curing. All the deets are here, DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest
The terpenes are out of this world with this method. I was without 1/2 my fridge for 2 weeks but it's well worth it!
That is not an option for me my friend.

My buds dry in 68 degrees with 55% RH and the stems don't usually snap until about day 8-11. The slower the better. I can smoke a tester after about 3 days on the rack but they aren't ready to jar until about a week later.
This is where i am now, except colder air temps. I could run a heater but, Naaahhh i wont.

OK its two pics per plant. One of all of it and one of the biggest buds.

I grew 6 plants in 7 gallon pots. 60 days veg and 60 days flower.
Ok the grand total as of 11/18 is 15.4 ozs. So taking into account the amount of testers i was taking over the last 3-4 weeks, i broke the one pound barrier. All that daily testing since harvest. lol This harvest has taken me 15 hours to process between cutting to jarring. 1 oz of herb per one hour of labor. When i jarred on Sunday the stems still were not dry but the bud was for sure.

Back
Top Bottom