Journeying Into The Unknown With High Brix

Personally I would use enough to completely cover the soil at least half inch thick. Maybe up to 1 inch thick then water in. Would have to try one at first then adjust for the other three. If I had to do it by trial and error.

I guess I would have gone overboard based on 6ozs.:rofl:

I have been told to use 1 Dixie cup EWC per 7 Gal pot, BUT I have found
there are different size Dixie Cups so ?

Personally I would use enough to completely cover the soil at least half inch thick. Maybe up to 1 inch thick then water in. Would have to try one at first then adjust for the other three. If I had to do it by trial and error.

I guess I would have gone overboard based on 6ozs.:rofl:

I did 1/2 thick of worm castings the first time. It made a silty muck that actually became slow to absorb water so I had to scratch it in again. It's probably better NOT to make a full layer of EWC. I now use about 8 oz.

I think of it as giving the girls a little birthday treat, not a full meal for the soil. :)

I vaguely remember Doc talking about this crust that forms from a layer of EWC. It's the product of some chemical process? :hmmmm: In any case, it's a good sort of thing. When it forms, just crumble it up and it'll release what it made into the soil.

I may have gone overboard but I'd add three 16oz cups to my 6 gallon pots. That made a layer about an inch thick. It would take water for about a week or so and then begin to crust up. I'd crumble it and spread it to the sides before I watered and it would help to keep the water from running down the sides, and also distributed some of it down the outside of the rootball.

The crust is our friend. :cheesygrinsmiley: Break it up and spread it around when it gets too hard. It makes a good mulch for our pots, too - insulates from light/heat and keeps the beasties moist and happy underneath.

Second Cat Drench Night
They were not happy. They went one day too long without water due me working nights and only home during their nite time. I gave them a little extra water this time to make up for it. I divided up the ewc and watered in with the cat. Hopefully the bottom leaf digesting will stop once they get a trans drench in 5 or 6 days.
15077932413331973150013.jpg
15077938089882027789857.jpg
1507794362347262396077.jpg
15077950441172130711310.jpg

They look better by the time I put them away.
1507795790695807481658.jpg

Great morning to ya Beamer and friends! Beamer FYI , just a thought for you OK! The Cationic Drench is mostly all Transplant ,...so it's not wise to give a Transplant Drench after the two CD's. OK! After the two CD's. it's best to give straight water once or twice ...then get back to GE OK. Remember the CD is mostly all Transplant (with a couple things added and a couple removed OK!) Cheers and have a great day sir!

I have another question,
The castings I ordered are scheduled to be delivered today, How many cups should I top dress with per plant? I have one 7 gallon and three 10 gallon pots.

Funny thing is, the plant in the 7 gallon is the tallest plant. Although having less soil then the others, it suffers more when conditions are not ideal. 10 gallons does provide more of a buffer against food drought. The 7 gallon plant has been digesting its lower fan leaves compensating faster then the others in 10s.
Some might call that Auto-Lollipopping:rofl:
These plants haven't had any transplant in over a month just due timing. They need some to boost the herd since the split application of recharge and ewc.

Having said all that do you think I should do a regular trans drench seven days after the second cat or do a super drench?

I was not sure so just used 1 small 6 oz. Dixie cup per plant, it did not cover much ?
it was used on top of the Recharge Amendment and scratched in, SO maybe I could of used more ?
Doing my first CD Tonight so I will have to see what develops at this point.

I use a red cup, like you would use for a kegger or tailgate party. Fill it up with EWC, then put the recharge on top, top dresses one 7 gallon pot. Scratch it in to the top inch of soil.

I have another question,
The castings I ordered are scheduled to be delivered today, How many cups should I top dress with per plant? I have one 7 gallon and three 10 gallon pots.

Funny thing is, the plant in the 7 gallon is the tallest plant. Although having less soil then the others, it suffers more when conditions are not ideal. 10 gallons does provide more of a buffer against food drought. The 7 gallon plant has been digesting its lower fan leaves compensating faster then the others in 10s.
Some might call that Auto-Lollipopping:rofl:
These plants haven't had any transplant in over a month just due timing. They need some to boost the herd since the split application of recharge and ewc.

Having said all that do you think I should do a regular trans drench seven days after the second cat or do a super drench?

Second Cat Drench Night
They were not happy. They went one day too long without water due me working nights and only home during their nite time. I gave them a little extra water this time to make up for it. I divided up the ewc and watered in with the cat. Hopefully the bottom leaf digesting will stop once they get a trans drench in 5 or 6 days.
15077932413331973150013.jpg
15077938089882027789857.jpg
1507794362347262396077.jpg
15077950441172130711310.jpg

They look better by the time I put them away.
1507795790695807481658.jpg

Those leaves aren't digesting....they're just not getting any light so the plant is getting rid of them.

Do a Super Drench and I' think you'll be about perfect.

I use a red cup, like you would use for a kegger or tailgate party. Fill it up with EWC, then put the recharge on top, top dresses one 7 gallon pot. Scratch it in to the top inch of soil.

Well I went the other way, I put the recharge down THEN the EWC on the top. I don't
suspect it will make a lot of difference but have added this LITTLE Difference to my NOTES.

BTW I do have another QUESTION regarding the amount of TEA we use for
Rescue & Super Drench

Looks liike according to the following directions

The RESCUE Drench is 6 ml of Tea per 1 GALLON of water
and
The SUPER Drench is 10 ml Per 5 GALLON of water

IS this Correct, We use less TEA with the SUPER Drench ?
Is this due to the use of only 1 gallon per pot of the SUPER DRENCH MIX ?

Rescue Drench

1 oz. Transplant per gallon of water with 6 mils of Tea. Feed a solution with this composition to all the plants. It will re-colonize the roots and get things back on track. Do not do this if you aren't having any problems.

Super Drench

1 Cup (yes 8 oz) of Transplant plus10 mils Tea per 5 gallons of waterGive each plant 1 gallon of this.

Great morning to ya Beamer and friends! Beamer FYI , just a thought for you OK! The Cationic Drench is mostly all Transplant ,...so it's not wise to give a Transplant Drench after the two CD's. OK! After the two CD's. it's best to give straight water once or twice ...then get back to GE OK. Remember the CD is mostly all Transplant (with a couple things added and a couple removed OK!) Cheers and have a great day sir!
Makes sense to me. Good day to you sir! :passitleft:

Those leaves aren't digesting....they're just not getting any light so the plant is getting rid of them.
I was thinking low microbial activity. Good to know. Thanks:thumb:

Do a Super Drench and I' think you'll be about perfect.
Just so I understand the reasoning behind doing so, please explain, if you don't mind. :Namaste::thanks:

Well I went the other way, I put the recharge down THEN the EWC on the top. I don't
suspect it will make a lot of difference but have added this LITTLE Difference to my NOTES.

BTW I do have another QUESTION regarding the amount of TEA we use for
Rescue & Super Drench

Looks liike according to the following directions

The RESCUE Drench is 6 ml of Tea per 1 GALLON of water
and
The SUPER Drench is 10 ml Per 5 GALLON of water

IS this Correct, We use less TEA with the SUPER Drench ?
Is this due to the use of only 1 gallon per pot of the SUPER DRENCH MIX ?

Rescue Drench

1 oz. Transplant per gallon of water with 6 mils of Tea. Feed a solution with this composition to all the plants. It will re-colonize the roots and get things back on track. Do not do this if you aren't having any problems.

Super Drench

1 Cup (yes 8 oz) of Transplant plus10 mils Tea per 5 gallons of waterGive each plant 1 gallon of this.

I wonder if anyone knows, Gazoo.

I wonder if anyone knows, Gazoo.

Aaron Neville "Hercules

I must be Hercules

Like a bird, on the wing
I just wanna be free enough to do my thing

I can feel the pressure, from every side
If you not gonna help, don't hurt, just pass me by

Oh, no

I must be Hercules

Jungle rule, can't be no fool
Might get caught by the hook of a crook no time for cool

Look out jay, what you say, what you carrying brother
I hope you're clean cause the man is mean,

Devil is on the loose, no coo
Got your feet, in the sand
Got to be down with the cats that around and still got the face the man

Talk about me if you please but I must be Hercules

I must be Hercules

Can't depend, on no-one else
Comin' up the hard way I've got to save myself

Must be Hercules
I must be Hercules
Talk about me if you please
I must be hercules

It depends on how many bongs we have out. :rofl:

Yesterday, the wife rounded up 5 bongs to be cleaned - they are still sitting by the sink.

Today, I noticed 3 other bongs scattered around the house :)

I believe dynamo1 says it well enough. Having that many bongs laying around is a "pipe dream" for me. Weedelicious!

Back
Top Bottom