Journeying Into The Unknown With High Brix

Would it be detrimental to remove the seed pods?

Leave the seeds. You will still have good, smokable weed if you grow them out to maturity.

The biggest problems with seeds are
A) if you don't clean them well enough, a burning seed can blow a hole in the side of your joint - so clean, pipe or vape.
B) slightly less smokable yield, a little more billable yield.
C) Your friends may admire you less as a grower, until you get them high - so you might have to get them high if they found out you grew a lot of seeds.

- - -

If I'm wrong, someone correct me. I smoked a lot of heavily seeded 'mexican' in the late 70's and I got plenty good giggly stoned from it. I've never had more than 10-15 seeds per ounce that I grew - Yet! :rofl:

Leave the seeds. You will still have good, smokable weed if you grow them out to maturity.

The biggest problems with seeds are
A) if you don't clean them well enough, a burning seed can blow a hole in the side of your joint - so clean, pipe or vape.
B) slightly less smokable yield, a little more billable yield.
C) Your friends may admire you less as a grower, until you get them high - so you might have to get them high if they found out you grew a lot of seeds.

- - -

If I'm wrong, someone correct me. I smoked a lot of heavily seeded 'mexican' in the late 70's and I got plenty good giggly stoned from it. I've never had more than 10-15 seeds per ounce that I grew - Yet! :rofl:

I'd say either let them grow out or just chop them down and start over. I had a 60 plant grow which I did and like 25 plants went hermie. To much smoke to cut down and throw so I separated them and let them grow for some hash supplies

Thank you both for your comments.

New question,
Isn't it seven days between cat drenches and can I do the regular Brix Foliar spray during that time?

Thank you both for your comments.

New question,
Isn't it seven days between cat drenches and can I do the regular Brix Foliar spray during that time?

Hey Beamer....cat Drenches are to be given back to back ...this means just as said....give one CD then when more water or another drink is needed , follow up with another CD exactly the same...after those two CD's are given , get back to giving as per directions ...water , water , then a GE Drench OK! Drenches are to be given alternating Transplant and GE throughout the whole grow OK. Foliar spraying/misting should be given throughout entire grow too, every 7 - 10 days. A good practice (as Doc , myself and many others) with the sprays is to give them two days before or after a Drench or drink. cheers Beamer and friends!

Hey Beamer....cat Drenches are to be given back to back ...this means just as said....give one CD then when more water or another drink is needed , follow up with another CD exactly the same...after those two CD's are given , get back to giving as per directions ...water , water , then a GE Drench OK! Drenches are to be given alternating Transplant and GE throughout the whole grow OK. Foliar spraying/misting should be given throughout entire grow too, every 7 - 10 days. A good practice (as Doc , myself and many others) with the sprays is to give them two days before or after a Drench or drink. cheers Beamer and friends!

I appreciate you taking the time to type your reply. :thanks:

Allow me to rephrase my questions, I was not clear.
How many days in between first and second cat drenches does everyone go?
I am day five post first cat drench. They will be ready to water again in about two days.
Also, I am planning on brixing them tonight unless someone tells me otherwise. Hopefully someone is quick to reply.

I appreciate you taking the time to type your reply. :thanks:

Allow me to rephrase my questions, I was not clear.
How many days in between first and second cat drenches does everyone go?
I am day five post first cat drench. They will be ready to water again in about two days.
Also, I am planning on brixing them tonight unless someone tells me otherwise. Hopefully someone is quick to reply.

If you drench/water every 5 days, then cat drench 5 days apart.
If you drench/water every 7 days, then 7 days between cat drenches.

You can brix on any day, but the 'experts' seem to do it on non-watering days.

Since I pull my pots out of the flower area and put them on a stool to brix foliar, I like to wait 2-3 days after I watered so the pots aren't so heavy to move.

You can brix tonight!

If you drench/water every 5 days, then cat drench 5 days apart.
If you drench/water every 7 days, then 7 days between cat drenches.

You can brix on any day, but the 'experts' seem to do it on non-watering days.

Since I pull my pots out of the flower area and put them on a stool to brix foliar, I like to wait 2-3 days after I watered so the pots aren't so heavy to move.

You can brix tonight!

You and I water/drench and Brix the same way. Water one night and Brix in between. Even the same technic of pulling out of tent when the pots are lighter. Plus then I can inspect the plants while they are out.

Has anyone ever noticed the larger fan leaves feeling textured?

Mine are like a cat's tongue in a sense. I can only slide my thumb across one direction along the long ways. The opposite way catches my finger. I have heard of waxy leaves but not textured/furry.

Brix Night Update:

Pulled them out of the tent as usual and looked them over. Decided to remove all the lower fluff/sucker flowers. Even though the plants hermied, I think they will produce decently. I ordered more worm castings. Should be here any day. Recharge was watered in before thebfirst cat, EWC will get watered in with the second drench in about two days.

First picture is from the side this time instead of the big door.
1507601001976840611703.jpg

Next four are on my cart getting ready to be manicured and brixed.
1507601269476-1653695316.jpg
15076016236131305034301.jpg
1507602393808887840994.jpg
15076024653002067288788.jpg

After three months of uploading pictures I finally figured out how to upload more than one picture at a time.lol I did these four at once.
1507602494047141398800.jpg
1507602539414348758210.jpg
15076025821901578806405.jpg
1507602617348-476731143.jpg

I have another question,
The castings I ordered are scheduled to be delivered today, How many cups should I top dress with per plant? I have one 7 gallon and three 10 gallon pots.

Funny thing is, the plant in the 7 gallon is the tallest plant. Although having less soil then the others, it suffers more when conditions are not ideal. 10 gallons does provide more of a buffer against food drought. The 7 gallon plant has been digesting its lower fan leaves compensating faster then the others in 10s.
Some might call that Auto-Lollipopping:rofl:
These plants haven't had any transplant in over a month just due timing. They need some to boost the herd since the split application of recharge and ewc.

Having said all that do you think I should do a regular trans drench seven days after the second cat or do a super drench?

I have another question,
The castings I ordered are scheduled to be delivered today, How many cups should I top dress with per plant? I have one 7 gallon and three 10 gallon pots.

Funny thing is, the plant in the 7 gallon is the tallest plant. Although having less soil then the others, it suffers more when conditions are not ideal. 10 gallons does provide more of a buffer against food drought. The 7 gallon plant has been digesting its lower fan leaves compensating faster then the others in 10s.
Some might call that Auto-Lollipopping:rofl:
These plants haven't had any transplant in over a month just due timing. They need some to boost the herd since the split application of recharge and ewc.

Having said all that do you think I should do a regular trans drench seven days after the second cat or do a super drench?

I have been told to use 1 Dixie cup EWC per 7 Gal pot, BUT I have found
there are different size Dixie Cups so ?

I have been told to use 1 Dixie cup EWC per 7 Gal pot, BUT I have found
there are different size Dixie Cups so ?

Personally I would use enough to completely cover the soil at least half inch thick. Maybe up to 1 inch thick then water in. Would have to try one at first then adjust for the other three. If I had to do it by trial and error.

I was not sure so just used 1 small 6 oz. Dixie cup per plant, it did not cover much ?
it was used on top of the Recharge Amendment and scratched in, SO maybe I could of used more ?
Doing my first CD Tonight so I will have to see what develops at this point.

here is what I was told when asked, since I bought 6 kits worth of supplies and was unsure how much to use.

Yes that looks like what I remember reading, I used a 6 oz Dixie but have seen bigger sizes

EDIT: Oh maybe there is only 1 size Solo Cup, Damn did not think of that :oops:

Back
Top Bottom