Journeying Into The Unknown With High Brix

Most Indica's are very energetic for the first hour or so,...it's what they do after that , that singles them out for "couch lock" . Harvesting times will solve that to a degree but genetics ALWAYS take charge after that first hr. or so. If puffed at the end of your day/night, this hour will be compressed to a much shorter time..got it. So , if ya want , harvest any Indica dom strains a bit earlier than you would normally OK...this will help with the "couch lock" some ...some!

Only problem I have with what seems to be all sativas right now is they make my jittery. Every single one of them. What's that all about?? I'm thinking it's my meds, thought?

Only problem I have with what seems to be all sativas right now is they make my jittery. Every single one of them. What's that all about?? I'm thinking it's my meds, thought?

Yes, you are not alone 7. Top of the mornin to ya bud! Many growers and smokers have echoed your thoughts on Sativas and how they make ya feel! It's NOT your meds OK...it's the weed . When i grew the 'original' Kali Mist about 16 yrs. ago ,..that weed was almost 100% landrace Sativa and had won many awards for best Sativa etc. As soon as i finished taking my very first , big toke ,..i would get a feeling of wanting to do something ...a lot of something..WTF...LMAO! However some growers love that feeling of raciness,...but others can't even try it cuz it will give them a panic attack or severe anxiety. My X couldn't smoke the Kali...but other women just loved it , for it's affects....made them clean the house up , i guess..LMFAO! I like strains that have a lil of both qualities...some speediness along with some chillaxin affects ...like most hybrids have.So,...it's not you 7 ,..OK! Sativas are not all the same either....some will have these affects more than others...it's just a matter of finding one that is 'right' for you. It's the searching...that's fun!:high-five::Namaste:

Yes, you are not alone 7. Top of the mornin to ya bud! Many growers and smokers have echoed your thoughts on Sativas and how they make ya feel! It's NOT your meds OK...it's the weed . When i grew the 'original' Kali Mist about 16 yrs. ago ,..that weed was almost 100% landrace Sativa and had won many awards for best Sativa etc. As soon as i finished taking my very first , big toke ,..i would get a feeling of wanting to do something ...a lot of something..WTF...LMAO! However some growers love that feeling of raciness,...but others can't even try it cuz it will give them a panic attack or severe anxiety. My X couldn't smoke the Kali...but other women just loved it , for it's affects....made them clean the house up , i guess..LMFAO! I like strains that have a lil of both qualities...some speediness along with some chillaxin affects ...like most hybrids have.So,...it's not you 7 ,..OK! Sativas are not all the same either....some will have these affects more than others...it's just a matter of finding one that is 'right' for you. It's the searching...that's fun!:high-five::Namaste:

Thank you sir and morning to you sir. That's really god to know that it's not my meds. This make me happy as I now know what makes get shit done lol but my hands get shaky so no need point or surgery for me .. But I wonder how my hybrids will do the same thing? I think I'll look for 50/50 and see how those work. I know what I've like in the past so I think I might try to grow those. Skywalk OG and Platinum Haze have been all around good smoke but I never really knew if they were the real deal.

Hey Beamer, thought I'd toss you the first pic of the cured Panama. Enjoy y'all!! ..

420-magazine-mobile136932512.jpg
420-magazine-mobile503732118.jpg

Im still finding this with most sativas I've grown. if you let them go longer (I know, WT heck?) they (sativas) mellow out in the racey dept. :cheer:

Im still finding this with most sativas I've grown. if you let them go longer (I know, WT heck?) they (sativas) mellow out in the racey dept. :cheer:

Is that right? That would be most excellent!!! I'll pay attention to how the affects are over time!! Thank Zigg!!

I've found that it's mostly the Hazes that bring the edgy racy feeling. If you stay away from those and most of their crosses you can avoid it.

I enjoy it myself - always been an uppers kinda guy. :cheesygrinsmiley: You might want to avoid the Africans too. :hmmmm: And Thais ... :hmmmm:

Yeah, well maybe it's more than just the Hazes.

Diesels are probably pretty reliably kind from what I understand. I haven't tried one yet, but my next couple runs will have one. Actually, I never felt much raciness from Panama and that's all sativa. And Tikal was kind, too. Destroyer was speedy, but not really racy. You can probably rely on a lot of Ace's gear for comfortable sativa buzzes.

Flower Day 17/Brix Night:
Group photo as usual. They are growing tall. All four ladies got watered tonight. Two got plain water and the other two got GE and Tea. Too bad two plants are behind in feeding schedule. Some drink water faster. All four got Brixed.
15059511068082115086205.jpg

The rest of the pictures are outside the tent and in fluorescent light.
1505951275115-305355678.jpg
1505952424003639239051.jpg
1505953152737-1862298170.jpg
15059535595311074561215.jpg

Side shot of tallest plant.
15059532417242020365698.jpg

Tallest and shortest, 25 to 17 inches.
1505953769591-526827043.jpg

Bud shot
1505951840256-2046466824.jpg

That's all for tonight. Just wanted to get some pictures out.

Thank you for stopping by.

They really are! :bravo:

Great color, good posture ... is that before or after the watering? Either way, they're strong at the top. They look like they'll eat that Brix right up. :cheesygrinsmiley: Getting any dry tips yet?

You might think about a heavier GE drench than usual, before the first Cat, especially the ones that're behind. They're in a good phase for that and it'll help load the cation sites.

Nice!

You plants look healthy, healthy, healthy.

Looking great!
Thank you sir.

They really are! :bravo:

Great color, good posture ... is that before or after the watering? Either way, they're strong at the top. They look like they'll eat that Brix right up. :cheesygrinsmiley: Getting any dry tips yet?

You might think about a heavier GE drench than usual, before the first Cat, especially the ones that're behind. They're in a good phase for that and it'll help load the cation sites.

Nice!
All of the pictures are before watering and Brix. What do exactly do you mean by dry tips? If you mean by the tips of the leaves, yes I do. I believe it's a product of large amounts of air flow in tent. The air inside gets turned over twice a minute. Plus the circulating fan. Humidity has been good. The two that got GE received 8mls and 1ml of tea. So they are ready. I might water the other two early to prepare for Cat.

Group photo as usual. They are growing tall. All four ladies got watered tonight. Two got plain water and the other two got GE and Tea. Too bad two plants are behind in feeding schedule. Some drink water faster. All four got Brixed.

Bud shot

They look amazing!

The only unsolicited advice I can offer is to trim the small stuff from the bottom up, make it so you can look down and see dirt. Don't touch the tops with trimming, just the lower branches.

They look amazing!

The only unsolicited advice I can offer is to trim the small stuff from the bottom up, make it so you can look down and see dirt. Don't touch the tops with trimming, just the lower branches.
I will do that tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Yup....thats what i was gonna say too....they look awesome...just need their legs cleaned up some! Great work Beamer...
I was figuring on lollipoping around day 21. Like I said above, I will tomorrow at lights on.

I went down to check on how the GE did and noticed that one plant is tacoing. Could it already need cal/mag? Environment is in check. Temps are on the low side now. Averaging 75 day and 70 night. Humidity is 60%. Its not the lights. Yesterday it wasn't doing it all. It was showing that it needed water by the lower leaves droopping but, the upper leaves were still reaching for the lights. It got plain water and brixed last night. It might correct it's self. The others are just perfect. Could it be that's it's in the coolest part of the tent next to the air intake?
Tonight,
1506039302546-1011376837.jpg

Last night. Its the one on left.

Group photo tonight. The two on the left got fed GE+Tea.
1506039530528501735313.jpg

Bud shot

Beautiful plants Beamer!!! You got en rolling bud!! How many a day in between feedings are you?

I don't think that's tacoing. I think they're just explosive right now - was probably the Brix. :slide: Sometimes the leaves will actually twist into a spiral at the tips. I tol' ya they'd eat it up! :laugh: Brix boosts photosynthetic activity in the leaves.

They'll flatten out in a day or two.

Beautiful plants Beamer!!! You got en rolling bud!! How many a day in between feedings are you?
Thanks for the compliments. Two plants are sevens days and two are eighteen days. With only one gallon of water added.

I don't think that's tacoing. I think they're just explosive right now - was probably the Brix. :slide: Sometimes the leaves will actually twist into a spiral at the tips. I tol' ya they'd eat it up! :laugh: Brix boosts photosynthetic activity in the leaves.

They'll flatten out in a day or two.
Thank you for the good news. That's a relief.

Very nice looking plants Beamer. Looking like your going to be in for a nice treat in a few months
Thank you. I am very excited for harvest. I need to use the Delorean to go into the future and bring back the harvest now.

It's getting close to Cat drench time.

Thanks for the compliments. Two plants are sevens days and two are eighteen days. With only one gallon of water added.

Thank you for the good news. That's a relief.

Thank you. I am very excited for harvest. I need to use the Delorean to go into the future and bring back the harvest now.

It's getting close to Cat drench time.

Beamer ,...ask 7 , he took the keys ....said he sumpin to do...wtf!

Beamer ,...ask 7 , he took the keys ....said he sumpin to do...wtf!
Will do.
YO!!! Seeevveen!!! My turn. Keys please.

I went down to check on things and unfortunately I learned a new skill. Tools needed, patience and a pair of tweezers. I bet some of you can guess already but, for those who can't, I learned how to remove a couple hundred nanners from the plants. That was a three hour ordeal I could have done without. I know most growers would chuck hermied plants in the trash but I am not going to do that. I will continue to flower and remove them as I see them. All my eggs are in one basket and must see it through to the end. That's part of the deal when using bagseeds. That's what they are. Fortunately 98% of the nanners weren't mature yet. Next year I will have to order seeds unless someone is willing to gift me some genetics. If someone does that I would be very grateful and would journal it as well. The plants look great besides the nanner problem. Some has grown three inches since I measured them a few days ago. That's all for now. Laterz.

Back
Top Bottom