Journeying Into The Unknown With High Brix

Yer in the groove! :slide::bravo:
Thank you sir. What percentage are you running your lights at in flower? I'm at forty percent. Although at lights on today I am going to bump them up to fifty percent. Canopy to lights is still around 24 inches. I'm thinking I will let them grow into the lights at this point. Unless I learn otherwise with cobs.

Yep. You bought the set of fakes. If the plants are ready to bloom, go for it.

If your light can handle large plants wait and get a good football in those pots and transplant in a couple weeks. Otherwise, go now.

You re in the zone, ride the wave. They're "hooked up" as we say.
Much appreciated. I'm sure my light setup could handle bigger plants but summer is winding down and I need to get things moving along in my garage. I will do that next spring. I got a late start this year. I might be able to play paper football in the tent. Lol . I know what you meant by the way. :biglaugh:
Your "in the pipe...five x five"......lookin proper Beamer! name the movie quote....:grinjoint:.....:tokin:
I had a sheltered religious childhood. Nature shows was all I got watch if we even had cable tv. I asked my wife figuring she would know that quote but, not even she knew. Btw thanks for stopping by again.

Much love to all who stop by and read my grow journal. :circle-of-love:

Side Note,
Some of you may remember I had a webcam setup in the tent. The crappy laptop kept crashing so I wasn't fussing much with it. Looking at the event log I figured out that the power pack may be glitchy and since I took the battery out of it being plugged in all the time and didn't want to destroy it. To fix the problem I just put the battery back in to cover the power requirements if the power pack acts up. I still have it setup where I can check on the plants anywhere my Wi-Fi will reach. I could make it publically available if enough people show interest in it. Oh ya, Happy Labor Day!

48 Hour Update:
So far I have one confirmed female. The other three look the same but not confirmed. Will probably know by tomorrow. Picture below.
1504659298867-384531852.jpg

Thank you sir. What percentage are you running your lights at in flower? I'm at forty percent. Although at lights on today I am going to bump them up to fifty percent. Canopy to lights is still around 24 inches. I'm thinking I will let them grow into the lights at this point. Unless I learn otherwise with cobs.

Be careful asking me for advice about lighting 'cause I like it soft and far away. :laugh: I've done a lot of research behind the scenes, getting hooked on one aspect or another, and there's one guiding principle that keeps me centered. For horticultural lighting in the cramped spaces we use, you want your light source to be as widely diffused as possible and as far from the canopy as possible. Then adjust requirements accordingly.

In your case I'd be more likely to increase headroom AND power if you have the space. You'll get wider dispersion from the source and you'll get a deeper canopy. People want to get their panels right down on top of the plants without burning them, but that's counter productive. It squishes the canopy. At twice the distance from the source, you only get a third of the intensity, which is about what the bottom of the canopy should be getting. So if you're a foot from the light, you only have another foot for the canopy. If you're 2 feet from the light, you get two feet of canopy depth, etc.

So crank 'em up if you have the itch, but also think about raising them. Add power and raise the lights and the bottoms will get more, too - better for the plant.

These COBs and panels running at 150+ Lumens/watt are putting out a lot of photons, often more than we realize. Ya gotta keep the environmentals running well to keep up with that much light.

[Edit] You guys are going to think I'm nuts when I get my journal started. I'm putting fourteen 8"x12" Samsung panels in my 4x4 at 40-45 watts each. :cheesygrinsmiley: That leaves about a 4" strip between panels - almost all LED sky. :slide: 4256 diodes at 0.14 watts per diode. :laugh: 190+ Lumens per watt.

Celebratory BongRip Update:
I am so excited about the speed these plants are moving.
My first grow last year it took 12 days to show sex. These girls have done it in three days. We are 4 for 4. They have grown four inches in the same time frame. Just rolling! :yahoo::yahoo: That are 16 to 18 inches tall now. I'm sure they grew one inch just since last night.
Such beautiful shades of green
1504742643315-118726473.jpg

I wonder how tall that will grow at their current speed of one inch every 24 hours.
15047424994441768452244.jpg

This Picture came out wonderfully. The top growth looks like a greehouse or other modern architecture.
1504742568940670743260.jpg

I gotta say TB everything is looking nice nice nice up in cheer. . good work bud. Wish I knew more about LEDs but my research is limited and all that talk about lumens doesn't seem to stick lol

Yes Looking really Nice, Beautiful color, they look very Happy

I hear ya Mag, I don't think I have enough Years left to understand it ALL.
Have to try and Focus on One thing at a time, very hard when you want it
all working perfectly and you hear about something that could improve your
grow.

Been spending all my time Watching Elaine Ingham's videos on Soil Microbiology
and looks like I am now in the market for a good soil Microscope (300 to 350 shipped).

So much to learn, so little time

Howdy,
Its been a few days since I posted so I figured I would share my current challenges. You guys know I'm growing in a garage. We have been experiencing low summer temperatures of 70s during the day and 50s at night. The tent has been daytime of 70-72 and nighttime temps of 68-70 for the last week. I decided to change the tent back to a sealed/recirculating system so that I can retain the heat the lights are putting off. It worked great! Temps were ideal at 78-80. The problem was that the humidity would also rise from 50 to 70 percent. When i ran this setup the first time, humidity was stable. So why then does the humidity level rise now? I came to the conclusion that the answer was staring at me in plain sight. The 40 gallons of soil that has water in it. It has to be that. 4 gallons of soil and no change in humidity. 40 gallons of soil raises it 20 percent. Going back to a sealed/recirculating setup I can run a dehumidifier to control humidity. I put a 45 pint dehum in and so far fixing the humidity problem. Sealed rooms can run Co2. I don't know if I will try that this grow. Anyways, I have lost my track. I will post more if a remember.

Much appreciated. I'm sure my light setup could handle bigger plants but summer is winding down and I need to get things moving along in my garage. I will do that next spring. I got a late start this year. I might be able to play paper football in the tent. Lol . I know what you meant by the way. :biglaugh:

I had a sheltered religious childhood. Nature shows was all I got watch if we even had cable tv. I asked my wife figuring she would know that quote but, not even she knew. Btw thanks for stopping by again.

Much love to all who stop by and read my grow journal. :circle-of-love:

Hey Beamer...ya mon...the movie quote is from Aliens....that's what that chick pilot said just as they started their 'drop' to the planet!
Oh ya ,..what Gray said about lighting ...very good advise , as usual from him. Please take his advise and run with it...he doesn't speak with 'fork tongue'..he knows his shiz! Please everyone ...listen up!!!! Put your lights at the very top of your GR...let the plants go get what they want from them. If you feel the need,..then just raise shorter , or smaller ones up a bit on a box or upside down pot ,..just to keep them all even across the top. Many grows ago , i stopped messing with my lights and just put them up as high as i could....look at my yields....,.!:high-five:

Yup, I was moving my lights around all through my last grow. This time I have put them up and left them. Everything looks so much better but then again I've gotten a little better with the kit as well. All in all you need a lot of things to be in your favor and you have to keep it there once you got it.

Looking good Beamer!! Keep it up!! I've had the humidity issue as well but it doesn't last long enough to cause a problem to my environment or plants. At least not yet and with my 8" fan and filter I think it will keep me from needing the dehumidifier. We'll see how winder looks lol

Ok Duggan, understood.
For the same of discussion, what are your thoughts on light height and controlling stretch?

Beamer...ya mon...here's the thing ..OK...when your light intensity is very high ....you don't have to worry so much about stretching (strain permitting , of course)cuz they are getting all they need from your lights. This is just my opinion OK .....i'm still learning too!This is what ive found , thru multiple grows over about 30 yrs. Your light intensity , has to be very high, fulfilling all the needs of the plant. Again,..this only my opinion ! I have no scientific data to back it up ...just a ;lil experience , so.....great day to ya sir!:Namaste::high-five:

I am just trying to sort through the bad info I have read, available on the 'mag' even and other sites that I used to read until I found this place. Now that I found the real pros at growing the same way I am, I can get rid of the bad info and retain the good info I learn here. I observed that most growers describe "stretch" in two ways. One way is, the grower is looking forward to it and the other grower is dreading it. Thoughts here I gather is, it's like PH, "What's that?":rofl::rofl::rofl: Raising my lights up as high as they will go now will give me thirty inches of room from the current canopy level. I will probably gently increase the lights to 100 percent.

I am just trying to sort through the bad info I have read, available on the 'mag' even and other sites that I used to read until I found this place. Now that I found the real pros at growing the same way I am, I can get rid of the bad info and retain the good info I learn here. I observed that most growers describe "stretch" in two ways. One way is, the grower is looking forward to it and the other grower is dreading it. Thoughts here I gather is, it's like PH, "What's that?":rofl::rofl::rofl: Raising my lights up as high as they will go now will give me thirty inches of room from the current canopy level. I will probably gently increase the lights to 100 percent.

Yes,...you got it...turn them up to at least 80% , get them as high as possible , then go to 100% and leave them alone. Get them up AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE. Now ,..guess what...one less thing ya gotta mess with!:thumb::high-five:

Back
Top Bottom