Journeying Into The Unknown With High Brix

Great mornin to ya's...Beamer, Scotia , DL and friends. Very well done Beamer,..nice to have it all hangin eh bud!
Great to see the 'wash' water all dirty like that. Ya,...i 'm gonna wash my harvest next time i figure...it'l be a first ...just cuz of time problems. Always seem to be rushed on harvest day. Yes, drying room is best at the slightly lower temps of 60-68F...just takes them a wee bit longer to dry , which is what we're after. Not sure i agree with Doc about drying for a couple days with the lights on , as light degrades THC so...dunno about that one. I like to dry in the dark with temps at 60-68F and RH at around 40-60%.
Either way your harvest is a big success sir! Way to go Beamer!:bravo::cheer::high-five:

Thank you all for the kind words. Dynamo1, too bad the seeds I now created will be prone to hermie from my understanding. So I would be interested in the new source. I did go down and turn off the lights so it's only the fan\filter and a heater running down there. Later on I may turn off the heater since all the water from washing is long gone. I will have to see if the humidity has gone up from 30%.
The next step is to prep the soil for next year. What do I need to do?

Side note:
My new nickname will be Seed Bandit cause I will chucking seeds everywhere wherever I smoke. Plants are going to be popping up all over the land.

I am sad to see Gazoo change his mind about the journal with Doc. At least he realizes that maybe it won't work out and stopped it early before worse problems happen. Gazoo,:circle-of-love: Thankfully Darkscotia is taking the torch. :cheer:

Question, if someone had to choose between two temperature ranges for drying, which would you choose? 55 to 60 or 75 to 80?

I know that both ranges are not ideal but it's what I have to choose from. Basically it's heater on at its lowest settings (75-80) or heater off(55-60).

I am sad to see Gazoo change his mind about the journal with Doc. At least he realizes that maybe it won't work out and stopped it early before worse problems happen. Gazoo,:circle-of-love: Thankfully Darkscotia is taking the torch. :cheer:

Question, if someone had to choose between two temperature ranges for drying, which would you choose? 55 to 60 or 75 to 80?

I know that both ranges are not ideal but it's what I have to choose from. Basically it's heater on at its lowest settings (75-80) or heater off(55-60).

Hi Triple and gang!

Yes very sad to see Gazoo make that choice. He is so attentive to detail and documentation. But I can respect his choice, and wish him well. I hope he can tag along with the rest of us in Darkscotia's journal too.

After all the results from sweet sue's Dr Ziggs Low and slow journal, I'd go for the lower temp dry. 75*f is not horrible for drying, but I noticed if it gets any hotter, 80s that the terpenoids start to evaporate, and flavor goes south. Over in Sue's journal they also have been testing a dehydrator and dry in 2-3 days, then start the cure, and raving about the great taste...so idk

Im gonna try all the different ways soon and make my own decision.

Take care✌️

Hi Triple and gang!

Yes very sad to see Gazoo make that choice. He is so attentive to detail and documentation. But I can respect his choice, and wish him well. I hope he can tag along with the rest of us in Darkscotia's journal too.

After all the results from sweet sue's Dr Ziggs Low and slow journal, I'd go for the lower temp dry. 75*f is not horrible for drying, but I noticed if it gets any hotter, 80s that the terpenoids start to evaporate, and flavor goes south. Over in Sue's journal they also have been testing a dehydrator and dry in 2-3 days, then start the cure, and raving about the great taste...so idk

Im gonna try all the different ways soon and make my own decision.

Take care✌️

I'd also go for the lower temp range.

In my dehydrator (95F? warm air) 2-3 days would fry the cannabis into a tasteless powder. I have done 3 & 4 hours on fresh cut cannabis stalks and 2 hours on stuff hanging for 2 days. 4 hours was overdried and lacking flavor.

I only used the dehydrator on cannabis when i can't wait a week and want it in 2 hours. Quality suffers, but IMO it's MUCH better than oven dry.

1 day in the dehydrator dried cilantro fresh cut from my garden to a powder that I hand crumbled into a jar. I wouldn't do that to cannabis.

1510553685868-1018599553.jpg

Mouth watering tester.

Good morning.....did i miss something.....What about Gazoo....and his Doc journal?

Morning duggan. Something went down between doc and gazoo. And next thing we got a message from teddy saying gazoo decided to shut down journal. So before we lost a journal with doc I decided to message him and let him know I'd be willing to pick up where gazoo left off if he didn't return. Wasn't trying to step on any toes just didn't want to lose this type of journal. As I said before I'd be happy to step down and let gazoo take back over If he decided to come back and restart his journal. I loved his attention for details.but if not I'll do my best to fulfil his shoes.
Have a great morning all!

Good morning.....did i miss something.....What about Gazoo....and his Doc journal?

You'll have to read the last couple of pages of that journal. You will see exactly what happened. It's so hard to fully comprehend the tone someone is expressing when reading these posts sometimes, and I feel Gazoo misread Docs tone when Doc was commenting on what to do and what to not do. In the end though, Gazoo felt he was being spoken down to, he felt their personalities were clashing, and didn't want to bring any negativity to the journal. I did not like his decision, but I respect Gazoo for identifying his incompatibility with Doc, and relinquishing the journal to someone else...which ended up being Darkscotia.

Jump on board Man, it gonna be a fun ride. I'm already seeing little tidbits I can adjust in my grow.✌️

Due to the humidity in the teens and twenties, the buds are drying to fast so I put them in jars already. Loss of bud sponginess. I left some stems on to try to prevent locking the chlorophyll in from drying to fast. In the jars, the humidity is around fifty percent. So I will have to really keep an eye on them and burp them often. That is way better then what it was in the tent. Total weight is 12.8 ounces.
Even when they dry out a little more in the jars I'll still have around 12 zips. Which exceeds my half pound goal.
10 gallon pot
1510523768745-16590261.jpg

7 gallon pot
1510525323680-839103941.jpg

10 gallon pot
1510552976199-1200101170.jpg

10 gallon and biggest plant.
15105580080361123248947.jpg

Humidity level in jars.
1510552659733-265488610.jpg

So far smoking some testers, it is very smooth and burns to white ash. Great for bongs. I wish I could figure out the terpene profile but I'm not knowledgeable on it. High-wise, fast acting and buzzy. The seeds are going to be a pain but I am working on a technique with my grinder to separate the seeds without grinding them up.

Due to the humidity in the teens and twenties, the buds are drying to fast so I put them in jars already. Loss of bud sponginess. I left some stems on to try to prevent locking the chlorophyll in from drying to fast. In the jars, the humidity is around fifty percent. So I will have to really keep an eye on them and burp them often. That is way better then what it was in the tent. Total weight is 12.8 ounces.
Even when they dry out a little more in the jars I'll still have around 12 zips. Which exceeds my half pound goal.
10 gallon pot
1510523768745-16590261.jpg

7 gallon pot
1510525323680-839103941.jpg

10 gallon pot
1510552976199-1200101170.jpg

10 gallon and biggest plant.
15105580080361123248947.jpg

Humidity level in jars.
1510552659733-265488610.jpg

So far smoking some testers, it is very smooth and burns to white ash. Great for bongs. I wish I could figure out the terpene profile but I'm not knowledgeable on it. High-wise, fast acting and buzzy. The seeds are going to be a pain but I am working on a technique with my grinder to separate the seeds without grinding them up.

Wow you have some low humidity there Triple!

The goal I shoot for is to Dry the buds slowly 7-10 days, then cut the buds off hanging plant, manicure, and into jars, only burping when RH is above 62%. If they are above 70% I spread all the buds out in a screen for an hour then back into the jars. Once they hit 62% and hold there, I don't open the jar till they are ready to use. You will have to get creative to slow down the dry time in your low humidity environment. Some use paper bags, or anything like that to slow down the moisture loss. There is so much out there written about drying and curing...you just have to experiment, listen to suggestions, and formulate what works best in your setting.

Those buds look nice! . great job!

Great tips and ideas DL...just one thing bud. I always manicure my buds while the leaves are still turgid...makes it WAY easier !I trim while still on the branches,..then hang to dry. Much easier and faster. waiting until the branches to dry before trimming is way to slow and MADDENING! After they are dry ,..take off strings , clip buds off branches, weigh and jar,..DONE! Cheers eh!

Back
Top Bottom