1st Grow - Indoor Northern Lights Auto

Oh cool, should be fine then if youve been watering them without nutrients for a while :) Looking forward to it, especially the dry pics!

I changed the date, I'm cutting tomorrow! My partner has to work on the Saturday, and because we want to do this together, we can only do it tomorrow. He'll have stuff to do after for a couple days so we're cutting tomorrow, so less than 24 hours left! :)

Im super jealous lol.

Your plants look like they have another 3 weeks or 4? Just in time for Christmas :p Mine will just be dry in time for Christmas, but yours should be dry and smokable in time for New Year's so pretty nice timing too xD

Your plants look like they have another 3 weeks or 4? Just in time for Christmas :p Mine will just be dry in time for Christmas, but yours should be dry and smokable in time for New Year's so pretty nice timing too xD

Yeah your hopefully spot on, im hoping 3 week for 2 of them and 4 maybe for the other two. :) Going to be a very green christmas for you ;)

Time for harvest pictures, but I'm going to tease you with some photos of the roots and stuff... :p

WP_000600.jpg
WP_000601.jpg
WP_0005991.jpg

WP_0005981.jpg

And now what you've been waiting for!

WP_000594.jpg

All naked

WP_000595.jpg

All the weed strung up on the enclosure

WP_0005971.jpg

How it looks inside

WP_000596.jpg

A bud shot

EDIT: I'll me watching the humidity of the enclosure and speed up the fan or lower it to increase or decrease the humidity, I'll keep you guys posted on that.

Looks even bigger than i realised... the left bit hanging up.. is that the main cola? It looks like 2 different plants lol i literally thought where has she got another from lol! Very nice for one plant!

Congrats!! :bravo::yummy::yahoo:

It's the biggest one, I didn't have a main cola, I had two that were really big and then another two smaller but also big. That's one of the biggest, I separated him for better air circulation inside the enclosure so they all dry better :)

Thank you for evertyhing Soup 01, you've been a super supportive!

I'm already thinking on all kinds of things that I'm going to do on the next plant, she'll be grown inside a wardrobe, and I'm going to LST her so much better! And it's not going to be an auto, so two things that we have looking forward too, dry weight of the NL auto and the next grow that should begin in January, maybe late January xD

Nice work!
Did you switched on/off the light manually the last weeks, like you did before? I found that really hardcore.

Yeah all the lights were on manual all the way through all the grow :) Thanks ^^

No probs atall, been a good grow to follow. Cant wait for the dry pics etc. and the next one, i think ill be starting my next grow around the same time too, if you remember.. send me a mail when you start your next one up, will be interesting seeing how much you can get off a photo plant :)

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how much I can get from a photo plant too, it will be really hard though, because there's new stuff to take into account. For example, when to flower her, I'll need to go back to this journal and also check other journals to see how much the plant grows, because next time, I don't want the plant to out-grow it's environment like this one did.

I think I'll add another light next time, for better wattage in flowering stage, but I'll do the same as I did with this one, I'll start with one light, then add a second one and try to mimic how accidentally efficient I was in this grow, in terms or lights, but on purpose :)

Also I'll need to buy a timer for the lights. But other than a timer, the seed and a second light bulb when I put her in flowering, I've got everything ready. Well not really I'm thinking about making using better light reflectors for the walls and stuff so lots of work but still a couple months off. Just thinking about it though is very exciting!

EDIT: I manicured the left separate branch to check how I like to manicure more, before or after drying. And I did some math I think I will hit 20 grams, but because the main colas are denser and heavier, I might get a little more.

Sounds like a good plan, controlling their size i think would be easier with photo's because you can train them allot harder and top them more without the 'stress' auto growers warn about so much lol, im sure youll get the hang of photo's as you go though.

20 grams would be a very nice crop for your first plant especially :), i'd be happy with that from any of my auto's! I always struggle with that same thing, whether to manicure wet or dry, i usually go wet but its such a pain in the ass, scissors getting jammed up all the time and leaf stuck to everything in sight haha, dry i think is what ill be doing this time, makes it less annoying i reckon.

hard to complain when your trimming some nice home grown up though! ;)

Hello , I just now checked out your journal. You did really great for your 1st grow. I grew northern lights on my last grow (1st). It turned out pretty good too for a first try. Sounds like you're hooked into growing now! Like Antics told me, learn as you go and ask for help if you need to. I got help from Antics and it kind of saved my ass and helped me to not get discouraged when things weren't looking so well. I look forward to seeing what you do on your next grow.

Hey, drying process is still going on, I have a couple pics of the biggest cola.

There's a lot of popcorn though :( But there's some decent sized buds I think, I'll post lots of pics in some days when it's dry along with the weight.

WP_000606.jpg
WP_0006091.jpg

EDIT: These photos are not new, or from today. I took them days ago xD Just want to clear that up before any questions, the buds are almost dry I think or even dry already. I'll post photos when I try to put them in a vacuum jar and they don't sweat, that's when they're dry right?

Hey guys, I think it's pretty dry, weight at harvest was around 130 grams, and I though I would get around 20 or 30 grams of it dry...

But before the revealing picture, which might be wrong, more experienced users should tell me if it's dry or not, but I put it all in the cardboard with the fan at various speeds in order to get the humidity down, drying slowly was not an option because the humidity would get too high and mold could become an issue and I reaaaally didn't want that so I went for a faster dry, still the humidity didn't come lower than 60% inside the enclosure.

Here you have some pictures:

WP_0006211.jpg
WP_000618.jpg
WP_000619.jpg
WP_000616.jpg
WP_000613.jpg
WP_0006221.jpg
WP_0006231.jpg
WP_0006251.jpg
WP_0006241.jpg

I then took out the buds from this cola and got 4 grams.

Now to the weight:
WP_000615.jpg

I super happy, but I'm also very unsure about this weight, though I've put everything in the jars, I used a manual pump to make some vacuum, and they're not sweating in any way, but now for the cure I'll regularly open the jars (about once or twice a day) and let the air come out and then vacuum seal them again.

So what do you think? Is that my final weight? Either way I'm suuuuuper happy with it, because it won't go more than 10 grams lower than that and even at that 38 grams, that's a pretty good result for my first ever grow! And with only 84 watts of light!

Looking good kitty, the stems still look quite fresh and green so once its fully cured then it will lose a little more weight, but hard to tell how much. Ive never cured for longer than a week myself and when i start the cure the buds are probably more dry than they should be, mine usually snap but with a little fibre not quite snapping if you know what i mean. How long do you intend to cure for?

Looking good kitty, the stems still look quite fresh and green so once its fully cured then it will lose a little more weight, but hard to tell how much. Ive never cured for longer than a week myself and when i start the cure the buds are probably more dry than they should be, mine usually snap but with a little fibre not quite snapping if you know what i mean. How long do you intend to cure for?

We're going to try smoking then in another week, or during this next week and then we'll take a few out and then keep the rest for about a month. So about a month, but not to all of it. I would be super happy if it doesn't lose more than 10 grams now, which I don't think it will.

Yeah i doubt it would either, that's a great harvest for one plant! your 10gram or whatever you were hoping for is a distant memory lol. Congrats! ;)

Yeah, I was hoping for 10 grams from this plant, and instead... well I think it's safe to say that I got 40 grams here ^^ So 4 times what I had expected! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom