1st Grow - Indoor Northern Lights Auto

Nice trick on the glasses! If you play with your focus and zoom on the camera you might be able to get the image big enough to see your trichomes!

I'm just doing my part to help where I can with the little knowledge I have gained so far. And you can pay me back, by helping others with the knowledge you gain.

"Alone.. I can only teach a few. But together, we can teach the world."
-Antics 2014
:Namaste:

(And yes, I actually just thought of that myself! So I went back up and put my name there in case anyone liked it lol. I'm enjoying a nice Sativa at the moment, so the relaxation and enlightenment are strong right now my friends)

Hey, I've got a little update! I redid some LSTs and took lots of pictures so you can see the buds!

This is day 74 now, so half into the 10th week already!

WP_000496.jpg
WP_000497.jpg
WP_000499.jpg
WP_0005001.jpg
WP_000502.jpg
WP_0005031.jpg
WP_0005041.jpg
WP_0005071.jpg
WP_000508.jpg
WP_000509.jpg
WP_000511.jpg
WP_000512.jpg
WP_000513.jpg

Those are mostly all different buds, there might be a little repetition, I took photos before and during the LST change. Also the change was to make bud sites that were lower to get higher to get more light.

I think she looks good, what do you guys think?

Well a YIPPEE for you, those are looking very nice in deedy. I didn't go back to see in your journal if you had a fan but if yah don't it might not be a bad idea to help keep that moldy dude off those nice looking buds yah got developing.

looks Great.
GreenKitty.

I think she looks damn good!, really starting to look tasty!. So jealous that you have had no issues with your plant lol! every grow ive had ive been flirting with disaster so i find it impressive for a first grow. And for any grow for that matter.

:goodjob:

Thanks, and I did have a few issues and made mistakes but she was a fighter and it seems like it didn't impact her o.o Might be genetic or something, but she sure was resilient! Also I did lots of mental calculation about ph, and lots of stuff so things would turn out the best I could, or maybe it's just a green thumb xD

Well a YIPPEE for you, those are looking very nice in deedy. I didn't go back to see in your journal if you had a fan but if yah don't it might not be a bad idea to help keep that moldy dude off those nice looking buds yah got developing.

looks Great.
GreenKitty.

I have a pretty big fan in there that's been working 24/7 for months, I don't think I'll have mold issues, even though the house we're staying at has high humidity and the ceilings have black mold x.x but even though that's the case I haven't seen the slightest bit of mold in the plant. Again the fan is pretty big and the humidity is about high 60s when I water her, and it slowly goes down to high 50s when she's starting to need watering. If you think that's too high, the humidity of the house is around high 50s low 60s, so if I put the fan faster I think I can get the enclosure to around 55 just but doing that.

Temperatures are now at about 20-23 degrees (lights off/lights on), it's been really cold around here so the temperatures are going down.

The buds keep on growing, there's more and more brown pistils, she doesn't even have a shave of purple yet, which is a shame, but there's still time! It's day 80 now which puts it at the 11th week, I think she still has about a week left. I'll post pictures either later today or tomorrow or the day after.

Lookin Great, nice and healthy. Ooooh, how exciting getting real close now

Beautiful! :thumb:

You see how the calyxes are starting to swell? We like that. :cheesygrinsmiley: From here to the finish, the plant will pretty much only grow calyxes, which means everything it grows from now on will be covered in trichs. We like that, too. :cheesygrinsmiley: I would guess another 10-14 days to chop.

Have you sampled her yet?

Hey, it's day 84 so 12 weeks today! I got a couple photos

WP_000551.jpg
7f675707-168e-468c-b20f-fb5ef563c7be.jpg

Is that purple normal or something else? It was only on some leaf stems before but now it's on most of them. I stopped nutes 13 days ago, the buds have grown quite a bit on the main stems, but no way to check if the trichromes are ready x.x They look milky, do they look a bit yellow to the naked eye when they start getting yellow?

EDIT: Because of the cold the enclosure has been from 17 to 21 degrees so can that affect the plant and turn it a little bit purple?

More and better pictures:

WP_0005671.jpg
WP_0005681.jpg
WP_0005631.jpg

So you can compare bud growth. Also I tried to get the best photo I could of trichromes. And the burn you see on some leaves was just heat burn, my lights are held with sticky tape on the ceiling of the enclosure and one of them fell and the other I didn't raise enough, so the bulbs were touching the leaves and that happened.

Looking very close, and nice! have you taken any samples yet? Or are you wanting to cut all at once?

No samples yet, I'm afraid of screwing it up, and also have no place to dry a sample. And I do want to cut it all at once.

Day 87, she and I are taking our time with this. I think that if I had more lights this would have gone faster, but with only 86 watts I think the flowering took much longer. We'll see the dried weight.

I'm cutting her on the 22nd of this month, that'll be day 92 or 13.1 week, about 3 weeks more than the seedbank said, but for the results I am more than happy to wait longer to get more out of this plant!

I wish i was cutting in 5 days :(, sounds good though. Bet your looking forward to it :). And your right, no doubt it would have been faster with more light, but your grow proves you can grow great bud with low cost lighting so why the hell not :)

-Edit - saying that mine will probably be 11 maybeeee even 12 weeks from seed and thats with a 600w so who knows :eek: (but then ive had some PH/lockout issues)

Hey, time for an update! Just 2 days away from cutting, I think, and I just wanted to post lots of pictures for you to analyze and see if it's time or not. Even if it's a little early, I would like to cut when the trichomes are milky just turning a little yellow, but I think they're just now getting really really milky, but it's the first time so I don't have much of an idea of what I'm doing, so hey here's the pics:

WP_000569.jpg
WP_000570.jpg
WP_0005712.jpg
WP_0005722.jpg
WP_0005731.jpg
WP_0005741.jpg
WP_0005751.jpg
WP_000576.jpg
WP_000577.jpg
WP_000578.jpg
WP_000579.jpg
WP_000580.jpg
WP_000582.jpg
WP_000584.jpg
WP_000585.jpg
WP_000586.jpg
WP_000587.jpg

Ive been looking forward to an update on this, Looking absolutely beautiful! I would be more than happy if my buds turn out like those, better than my previous 2 grows for sure! atleast in aesthetics.

As for being ready, i would say definately, they look very ripe to me, and if you want a nice head high then i think you'd get exactly that but probably with some heavy stone effects aswell, i would be suprised if they had no amber in by now. Am i right in thinking you dont have a scope to see the trichs up super close?

I think youll get some great buds cutting when you said in 2 days. Make sure you get some pics of the harvest/drying etc. :) Cant wait!

- Edit.. forgot to ask if youve been flushing? I feel like you said you are but cant remember.

Ive been looking forward to an update on this, Looking absolutely beautiful! I would be more than happy if my buds turn out like those, better than my previous 2 grows for sure! atleast in aesthetics.

As for being ready, i would say definately, they look very ripe to me, and if you want a nice head high then i think you'd get exactly that but probably with some heavy stone effects aswell, i would be suprised if they had no amber in by now. Am i right in thinking you dont have a scope to see the trichs up super close?

I think youll get some great buds cutting when you said in 2 days. Make sure you get some pics of the harvest/drying etc. :) Cant wait!

- Edit.. forgot to ask if youve been flushing? I feel like you said you are but cant remember.

I only flushed once a week ago, but I stopped nutes about 3 weeks ago by now. I forgot to flush back then :/ Though I did a crappy flush before this last one around a week ago where I just took her to the bathtub and flushed properly. No more yellowing of the leaves since those I took pictures of.

I do not have a scope, should be arriving either next or in two weeks xD

I will take looooots of pictures, don't worry :)

Back
Top Bottom