1st Time Growing - Autoflower Strain - Tutankhamon In Soil - 240W LED

Yes!!!!

Maybe you should start another journal for this girl to commemorate her landmark event!!! LOL!!!

Congrats man!! I can't wait to see how this turns out!!
I feel like I need a drink to celebrate..but I have work tonight and I dont drink haha

Exciting times Fly!!

Our King Tut is still recovering from her damage. She is slowly doing her thing.

I removed most of the burned tips that were crispy to the touch, removed them without force.

Here she is so far...buds will come in time!

cheese-3.jpg

cheese-4.jpg

GROWING PAINS!!!!!

Be warned...

So..after the last update I left the girls to do their thing. Today I checked on them and tomorrow I will be watering them and providing them with some more light by removing some leaves off the Cheese plant...however the cheese plant cracked on me.

I have no idea how, or why. I know it was not user error because I never touched her, maybe too much LST

But she was not split when I put her back in the tent, and today she is split. The split is dried and is not wet. I have put wire around her as firm as I can without digging into the stem or causing any damage.

I would be ok if this was a branch..but this is the MAIN STOCK right where the topping had happened. I LST the Y shape down and now she split.

She is week 2 flower now, so I dont wanna do anything like break it off and place it back on...leaving the wires around her and hope she will heal some, because once she starts producing buds the weight is going to get very heavy and she will probably just snap anyways...

Sadly, I was not able to move both branches up together to seal the split. This is because the plant is tied down pretty good (I can remove if needed but it will stay that way if i remove), and the fact that the stock and split has dried and I am only noticing it now. I am afraid if I bend her back up she will break. With quite a bit of force bringing them together the split doesnt move so I will probably just break her off if I tried

Pipecleaners are wrapped around her as much as I can and I hope she makes it!

20170706_113831.jpg

As for the Cheese plant she is doing great!

I have to thin her out quite a bit tomorrow to get that light under her, she was so fast filling up again

One leaf is showing a deficiency issue which is not burn, caused by me reducing amount of nutrients, so tomorrow when feeding she will be going back to normal dosage.

Here she is!

20170710_190937.jpg

Question...if my water is pH 6.8 and I add nutrients to the water, then I get a runoff of 5.5 how can I get that pH to stay at the 6.0+ mark without dropping?

Using advanced nutrients pH perfect Grow Bloom Micro

AN makes the pH drop to 5.5

Using this nutrient is there a way to get ti to stay at 6.0 - 6.5 or anywhere around there without having it fall to 5.5 after every water?

You can use PH Up or PH Down to add to the nutrient water. There are other natural ways to adjust PH as well, (ie: vinegar/lemon juice to bring it down, baking soda to bring it up) but I've never used them.

On my first plant, I f'd up the PH real bad with fox farms nutes and the happy frog soil. The soil comes with nutes in it and I wasn't checking PH on anything. The next plant I fed till run off and was constantly measuring the PH. I still had to flush though. The first few plants I did with FF nutes, I needed to watch PH closely (measuring/adjusting every time I fed). That was a bit annoying so I switched to AN ph perfect thinking that I wouldn't need to worry. For the most part I didn't, but as you saw with my recent grow - I needed to flush the AN due to a PH probably around 4.5.

Sorry to hear about the split, but as I've said before, these ladies are resilient. You'll end up with some nice buds and great learnings for your next grow :Namaste:

:passitleft:

You can use PH Up or PH Down to add to the nutrient water. There are other natural ways to adjust PH as well, (ie: vinegar/lemon juice to bring it down, baking soda to bring it up) but I've never used them.

On my first plant, I f'd up the PH real bad with fox farms nutes and the happy frog soil. The soil comes with nutes in it and I wasn't checking PH on anything. The next plant I fed till run off and was constantly measuring the PH. I still had to flush though. The first few plants I did with FF nutes, I needed to watch PH closely (measuring/adjusting every time I fed). That was a bit annoying so I switched to AN ph perfect thinking that I wouldn't need to worry. For the most part I didn't, but as you saw with my recent grow - I needed to flush the AN due to a PH probably around 4.5.

Sorry to hear about the split, but as I've said before, these ladies are resilient. You'll end up with some nice buds and great learnings for your next grow :Namaste:

Thanks golfer!

I actually gave AN a call today and was on the phone for almost a hour. He was Canadian too so was were habing a grand chat lol

He said the ph will be 5.5. If I get it to 6 then within 2 hours it will drop to 5.5 again. I'm guessing this is not really designed for soil.

I use fox farms Ocean mix soil.

I tested vinegar to ph before I started growing so I can get the right measure. I would love to use it but can't afford to being it lower than 5.5

I also have baking soda to bring it up. I may add nutes to water then baking soda to try and bring it up. Every runoff I get is 5.5

I am also going to introduce blackstrap molasses to the feeds starting tomorrow.

Yeah that Cheese eh haha even the AN guy commented on it...said I needed to remove those leaves or I will end up with a "what you see is what you get" kinda plant

Cheese for the win...will keep monitoring that branch

Cheers mate :)

Updated shot of King Tut from this morning.

I gave her a good trim to remove most of the burned leaves.

During the process I ended up touching a couple buds that were forming..my fingers are very very sticky now and the trimmers are soaking in water because they are glued shut from resin

420-magazine-mobile1714770417.jpg

So I also gave cheese her final trimming today. She is a photo so I don't wanna push her like I have with the auto..i wanna get max yield with the light and space I have.

Before shot

420-magazine-mobile1992053098.jpg

After shot

420-magazine-mobile852815148.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2032038468.jpg

then she will get more time to grow:bravo:
So I also gave cheese her final trimming today. She is a photo so I don't wanna push her like I have with the auto..i wanna get max yield with the light and space I have.

Before shot

420-magazine-mobile1992053098.jpg

After shot

420-magazine-mobile852815148.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2032038468.jpg

Here is another update 2 days since heavy trimming of the cheese plant

Before (2 Days ago)

420-magazine-mobile322837972.jpg

Today

420-magazine-mobile1404676211.jpg

Very productive so far. Going to be nice to have her in there all alone in the coming weeks when tut finishes

Put together this quick 17 second clip to show how low our King Tut is and how she is doing creating her buds

Cheers!

[video=youtube_share;fcpzEcTsFuU]
[/video]

Question...if my water is pH 6.8 and I add nutrients to the water, then I get a runoff of 5.5 how can I get that pH to stay at the 6.0+ mark without dropping?

Using advanced nutrients pH perfect Grow Bloom Micro

AN makes the pH drop to 5.5

Using this nutrient is there a way to get ti to stay at 6.0 - 6.5 or anywhere around there without having it fall to 5.5 after every water?
I added extra dolomite lime to my soil (2tbs per gal of soil) and it helps buffer pH to 6.5, I have checked runoff several times and it is always good, if your nutes are pH perfect I don't think you are suppose to use pH up or down, I read that somewhere seems like.✌️

I added extra dolomite lime to my soil (2tbs per gal of soil) and it helps buffer pH to 6.5, I have checked runoff several times and it is always good, if your nutes are pH perfect I don't think you are suppose to use pH up or down, I read that somewhere seems like.✌️
I read that as well. I'm just wondering if anyone has had success with just molasses. PH perfect is always 5.5 that's how it's designed..too low for me. Molasses gives me 6.3 from non pH'd tap water. No matter what I add to ph perfect it goes back to 5.5..not happy

Nice:high-five: Turning out much better than you expected :goodjob:
Hey Golfer,

Yeah I honestly thought I was going to be lucky to get 1 joint off her..now I get at least 2 haha

Snipping off dead leaves helped. There is no sign of yellowing yet so she still got a ways to go. Buds are forming but there are still lots if gaps on the colas.

To me it seems the colas are forming buds on bottom first and making it's way upwards.

Fingers crossed I will see weight getting packed on over the next 2 or 3 weeks. That's my guess when she will be done.

Sooner the better so I can focus on cheese.

Already have a roll of wire ready to setup scrog for next grow with 1 plant. Sadly all I have are 6 king tut autos.

Wondering if I used smaller pots to get smaller plants but a good yield from the total, it's obvious 2 x 5 gallon is too big ..too many decisions lol

Let's get through this one first :)

Off work and off to check on the girls..will update later

Smoke em if ya got em..see ya on the clouds soon

I have 3 gallon pots that I use. I only did one plant and kind of thankful that I did since she's not an auto. Two auto's I've done in the tent and I did two White Widow photo's in the tent but I flipped to flower much sooner. Gets crowded in there :Namaste:

I have 3 gallon pots that I use. I only did one plant and kind of thankful that I did since she's not an auto. Two auto's I've done in the tent and I did two White Widow photo's in the tent but I flipped to flower much sooner. Gets crowded in there :Namaste:
How big is your tent? Mine is a 2.5 x 2.5

I'm thinking if I do 2 autos in 3 gallon pots without let I should have room..maybe even enough for 4 autos.

The lst is what made my tent crowded where she is pulled down

If I can do 3 or 4 autos in 3 gallon pots I may so that next time once my photo is done.

King Tut doing what Tut's do...

420-magazine-mobile1980669988.jpg

She is still budding and hopefully gaps will get closed up..if not oh well..she looks beautiful

Back
Top Bottom