2009 First Grow from bagseed!

so tommorow is about to be week eight!, and my problem is that they havent showed sex yet! i dont really want to switch them to 12/12 til i sex them, but its getting close, and they arent even that big either, im kinda impatient now, but nothing i can do about it, anyone have any advice as to the problem?
oH YEA I flushed them today as well! they're looking great, and trimmed a few fan leaves, any advice on some things i should do before 12/12? im thinkin in the next couple weeks or something like that,

hey man i havent been by in a while but think i can help
on the sex thing
my plants didnt show sex untill 2 weeks into flower and i couldnt tell untill the male had pollen sacks heres a pic
the male
plants_010.jpg

the female
plants_0025.jpg

and thats 2 weeks flowering
but i veged 3 1/2 weeks on 18/6 light schedule and then went 12/12
hope this helps
i couldnt find my sex on the stock at all i had to wait till they bloomed

Westbud,

I saw you had a bug floating around and thought this may help. I grow organically and I never use pesticides. My trick is to get a spider ( daddy long legs are great) and introduce it to the grow area. Problem is solved both in 2 ways. The spiders do you a favour by keeping out the nasties and let you know if there are any problems in the area because they will up and leave if they don't like it.

I'm a bit of an arachnid freak (at one point I had about ten tarantulas but I'm down to one that is 7" and still has another 3" or so to go!, a couple of LARGE centipedes *6" long*, some huge leaf insects *10"*, and some true spiders like widows and such)....daddy long legs will not help you with live pests, period. Unlike other spiders they can eat solid matter but they're not a true spider or a mygalomorph (ala tarantula/trap doors...easiest way to tell them apart is true spiders have fangs that scissor together horizontally, mygalo's have fangs that point mostly down/backwards) and don't prey on anything that will affect your plants. At least not while they're alive...the "prey" that is. The fact your fruit fly issue is being reduced is most likely attributed to something else...probably their extremely short life span coupled with a non-friendly breeding environment.

Westbud, if it's just one and you're not noticing any detrimental effects I wouldnt worry...I find the odd bug in mine every once in a while too, if I can catch it I kill it if I can't ID it as a good bug, if not I don't worry about it. I suggest you take a similar stance :) If you can kill it, fine...if not don't worry about it so long as it's not causing problems. I had something in my cabinet earlier today that I couldn't catch or ID...it's still in there, somewhere :p

If you've been vegging 8 weeks I wouldn't worry about waiting until they show sex to switch over to a 12/12 schedule...that seems like a long time to not show you their sex though :( I was going nuts at the 4-5 week period with my other plants lol.

yo what up bru, i saw your response to the guy from UNCG and you mentioned you went to A&T. Yo talk about a small world dog i graduated from T back in 1999 and here I thought I was the only brother to have my own grow going on while on the yard. Sorta makes sense it is an agriculture school lol i smoked my first blunt in Scott Hall (thats all gone now). westbud90 its good to see the young aggies are still keeping the yard clean and green keep it up. Hit me up when your crop comes in. I'll be back this year for homecomming and ia always bring that fire when i come. keep in touch.

:surf:hell yea man, u got your own grow?
you should make a journal and show that shit!
but yea, scott hall is long gone, i usta blow down cooper, the village, and Pride hall!
oh and college park!
lol,
but yea, my update should come around tommorow night, since i will be switching them to 12/12, im setting up that big grow box i built earlier in the grow, i wanna get it right so i can flower the F**ck outta them!
errybody keep watchin, and keep it irie!:bongrip::ganjamon::Rasta::smokin::roorrip::cheer: :slide: :passitleft::bigtoke::grinjoint:

day_61_flower_switch.jpg

day_61_flower_swith2.jpg

day 61 photos from 2 days ago,
its day 2 of flowering today,
temps 105F humididty 35%
results in very dry droopy plants, they officially suffered a heat stroke,
i watered them and cooled down the room, they should be good by tommorow, i gotta get some ventilation!

lol, sorry i didnt do the special update, me and my friend got some Bubblegum last night, and decided to destroy it in the bubbler! i was pretty stoned and besides, i got home and the lights were out, anyway!
The big news, is that both of my babies are
FEMALES!!!!!!!!

I really apologize for the long wait, i have just been really busy lately, and so far, i have the pics of day 11 of flowering only, its been a while since i switched them over, but hopefully, ill keep it more updated in here, well,
theres a couple new updates, there in their new box, added intake and exhaust pc fans, still need to get like 4 big cfl's for flowering, and whats weird, is that i've had them flowering for 18 days now, with nothing but water, yea some of the leaves are turning colors, but nothing major looking, its been getting really hot though, im surprised they havent hermied or grown some crazy sh**! or died for that matter!
i should be gettin the Iguana Juice Bloom soon,
and finally!
(feels so good to finally say this)
THE GIRLS!:cheer:

both
day_11_Flowering.jpg

both again
day_11_Flowering2.jpg

and the other side
day_11_Flowering3.jpg

MC's lil vag!
day_11_Flowering_MC.jpg

MC's main cola gettin plenty of hairs!
day_11_Flowering_MC2.jpg

PT's a lil slower, but surely
day_11_Flowering_PT.jpg

lil hairs
day_11_Flowering_PT2.jpg

intake
Intake4.jpg

exhaust
Exhaust3.jpg

sorry for such huge pics, but enjoy the pics, feedback please!!!:cool:
:peace:

First off, i'd like to say sorry for the wait, and crappy pics, no they are not cell phone pics, this camera just sucks, the close up mode wont let the camera take the pic when it is in perfect focus, iono y, stupid camera.
Im back with another update, and i know its been a while since i last updated, but hopefully this will save my journal from going abandoned,
anyway, theres been alot of progress with girls,
i've had them on a diet of Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice Bloom
Humboldts Purple Maxx
and SuperThrive
i know ppl have had questions about purple maxx, and the only thing i can say, is that it unleashed the snow storm on MC, but i didnt see any radical changes in PT, MC got sticky quick after i started purple maxx,;)
MC has developed beautifully with hella tric's and a weird LST stance,
PT has developed crapilly (if its a word) the buds are tiny, not as many tric's, and i might just turn that whole plant into hash, which would be delicious, :cool:
since this was a experiment grow, i will be growing some bubblegum in the next grow, and ill probably get some seeds offline or try to find something good around here.
well, to the pics!:bong::rollit:;):slide:

Heres both
day_63_flowering.jpg

MC doin her thang
day_63_MC.jpg

MC's main cola, as u can see, these are relatively small plants, maybe 2 ft high,
day_63_MC_Main_Cola.jpg

MC's bud
day_63_MC_bud.jpg

MC once again
day_63_MC_flowering.jpg

This bud that im holding is one of the colas that resulted from lst'ing and the bud on it is bigger than the main cola.
day_63_PT.jpg

PT's main cola
day_63_PT_bud.jpg

PT, she looks so scrawny, shes taller than MC, its kinda weird because the pistils coming out of the calyxes are twice as thick as the ones on MC,
shell make good hash, :roorrip:
day_63_PT_flowering.jpg

alright, now i need some feedback, cuz its been a while and u guys missed most of the flowering,
anybody think there done or almost done, personaly i think they'll be done in a couple weeks, i have no microscope to check the tric's!

so i have another informational update today, i bought a microscope, and checked the trichomes on MC and it looks like more than 75% of the trich's are amber,
With PT its a different story, the trich's are more milky than clear, so its goin a lil slower,
i will begin the flushing of MC and will check the resin again tonight, to make sure,
Does anybody know how long i should leave them in the dark before harvest???
i will be researching today!

Funny you should ask that, cuz, i just finished up trimming both of them yesterday,
and i finished uploading pics this morning, i just now have time to do the rest of the update, well, i got them hanging right now, 44 g's wet weight, mc has real nice smoke, i tried it early, chlorophyll doesnt really bother me that much, real sativa high, as i predicted, but pretty devastating, i rolled a bud of it mixed with some kb, so it would burn, and put it in a blunt, i got so hyper,:ganjamon: HI-per,!
im blown right now too, cuz i did it again a couple minutes ago,
i dont really know how PT tastes or smokes,
heres the pics,

mini harvest of the century, this is all off of just one girl, i add the other bud later,
MC_harvest_20.jpg

Main cola, the lil engine that could,
MC_harvest_8.jpg

all laid out,
MC_harvest_11.jpg

all trimmed up,
MC_harvest_13.jpg

3 shitty lighters later, and i was finally able to smoke a bowl,
MC_harvest_19.jpg

the stalk, cool shape cuz of the lst,
MC_harvest_16.jpg

In her glory,
MC_harvest_3.jpg

top view
MC_harvest_2.jpg

Slain! , Plant of the month pic!!!!wheres that thread at now,,,
MC_harvest_4.jpg

fresh bowl packed, and peep the lil ball of scissor hash on the top, so potent and delicious,
MC_harvest_15.jpg

and thats all for one of the plant harvests, ill post the other one later,!:roorrip:

way to go dude.......nice pipe too!

Back
Top Bottom