300w LED - Sunset Kush

re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

Setting Sun,
Are you sure they're supposed to look all healthy like that? :smokin:
Those babies are beautiful! Also, those pots are really interesting.
Hope you don't mind a couple questions.
Are you...
Using tap water, filtered, RO?
Adding anything like CalMag to fend off deficiencies?
Being careful of pH? If so, what level are you running?

Can't wait to see how things develop here!
:goodluck:

re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

Doc's opinion on LED's: promising technology when heat is an issue.
Doc's opinion on LED marketing: see Advanced Nutrients

Doc's opinion on Advanced Nutrients: total rip off, misrepresentation, scam, etc. Big Mike, over at AN is hawking these LED's....the ones that are called 600 watt, but only draw 300 watts...etc. One of my buddies owns a hydro shop and sold 3 of these lights.....they don't work as well as a 400watt hps. Duh....I could have told you that.

SS is a totally honest, very ethical guy. This grow is going to show what it shows.....period.

What about companies spouting that 3 watt bulbs are weaker than 1 watt bulbs , and also stating that 120 deg is not allowing any penetration ? This has been stated by numerous companies so whats the truth !? I might as well buy one of PitVipers special lights that come with the welding glasses their so strong , his new lights require you to wear special clothing for protection ! Now thats a serious light !! And with only 2 payments of $99.95 how can you beat that !!

i dont want to talk about anymore led company stuff on SS thread because its not right, but i will answer ur question from what i have seen with my own eyes threw test ive done.

120 degree leds arnt worth it to me unless you are doing a SOG other wise there pointless and dont have the penetration thats needed for good size plants. Ive used 60 degree leds and they penetrate good but you do get the spectrum blend thats needed because its a narrow beam, plus ill be damned if i spend that kind of cash and can only do 2 good size plants. 90 degree seems to be the best of both worlds.

no with the 3w leds i think are good for penetration and have the instensty we want. allot say the 1w are better but i dont think so IMO, I will say the 1w leds seem to run allot cooler though. but so far the 90 degree with 3w led seems to treat me good so far on penetration.

I hope this info can be some help to you? this is just what i have noticed from all the led grows i have done with different lights.

The bottom line is dont just take someone word on how led work, do ur homework and you will find what works best for you. trust the fully detailed completed journals that have no ties with the company. best yet wait to see the side by side and see what light dose better? I speak from experience, luckily i haven't paid for any of my past led lights or els i would be a unhappy man. and to be honest i am done testing led i finally found what suites my needs and now i can have fun growing the way i want to and not how other company's want me to.lol

good luck to all.

now back to SS beautiful grow;)

Doc's opinion on LED's: promising technology when heat is an issue.
Doc's opinion on LED marketing: see Advanced Nutrients

Doc's opinion on Advanced Nutrients: total rip off, misrepresentation, scam, etc. Big Mike, over at AN is hawking these LED's....the ones that are called 600 watt, but only draw 300 watts...etc. One of my buddies owns a hydro shop and sold 3 of these lights.....they don't work as well as a 400watt hps. Duh....I could have told you that.

SS is a totally honest, very ethical guy. This grow is going to show what it shows.....period.

could have said it better. the truth will come out with respected and trusted members doing the grows. this is why i stick with what i know for sure because ive had the chance to see it with my own eyes. ive waisted allot of time and yield messing with these leds in the past. but i guess somone has to try new things or els we wouldn't find out about good thing like those OC+ ferts;)

to be honest i dont even care about the leds in this grow since ive already seen them on my last grow. i just care about those pots and OC+ ferts. these are the things that have my 100% attention. by the way SS i found some of those self watering pots that have a 2" res. hit me up if you want a link.

This is a beautiful use of time, space, and resources, while we await the full comparison grow.

Great idea SS ;)

Well thank you my friend ;).

One other thing this grow is going to do is help me get things dialed in really well for the comparison.

I was just trying to fill the time in with something, but it will definitely help me become familiar with the grow gear and setup.

I know peeps have been waiting a long time for LED/HID comparison grows, but I'd really prefer to do it with identical clones, so I appreciate everyone's patience.

I think it's worth it.

Setting Sun,
Are you sure they're supposed to look all healthy like that? :smokin:
Those babies are beautiful! Also, those pots are really interesting.
Hope you don't mind a couple questions.
Are you...
Using tap water, filtered, RO?
Adding anything like CalMag to fend off deficiencies?
Being careful of pH? If so, what level are you running?

Can't wait to see how things develop here!
:goodluck:

I'm sure that's how I want them to look ;).

I've been playing mad scientist, so quite honestly, I'm surprised they look as good as they do.

I've used both R/O and tap water. The plants seem a bit happier with tap water, which is 145ppm. I haven't had to add any Cal-Mag with the nutes I've been using to this point.

Now, for the rest of the grow, I'm going to try to stick with just the Osmocote+ nutes and use tap water. I have Cal-Mag and other supplements if the need arises, but I want to see how the OC+ performs on its own.

OC+ applied once and tap water. If it works out, it just doesn't get much easier.

I started out running the PH at 6.0-6.2, but the plants didn't have really nice color until I dropped it to 5.7-5.9. I may run it back up a bit higher in bloom, as DocBud suggests.

thanks for your questions GMH!

The transplant into the larger pots went well.

I filled the pots with pure perlite until I was about 1-2" above the res, then sprinkled in 1 Tbsp of OC+ evenly. I placed the plants in the pots and finished filling in with a mix of nute-sprayed perlite, Pondcare aquatic soil, and the other Tbsp of OC+ incorporated evenly into the mix. I didn't place the second Tbsp of OC+ in one spot because I will most probably water evenly when top-watering rather than in one spot.

The percentage of perlite/Pondcare is around 80/20. The Pondcare aquatic soil was added to help retain a little more water than just straight perlite. It's inert and PH neutral.

P10002591.JPG

P1000262.JPG

The root balls slipped out without too much trauma. You can see how they conform to the pattern in the bottom of the pot, but don't go down into the res itself. They didn't pop out as cleanly as I had hoped to show that, but there were no roots torn off or tangled up when I slipped them out. The brown color is from the kelp extract I gave them. Transplanting into or out of these pots is not a hassle.

P1000265.JPG

P10002671.JPG

P1000266.JPG

P1000268.JPG

P10002691.JPG

They look good for having been transplanted a few hours before taking the pics. These pots are pretty big and should help maximize yield because I believe autos like lots of root space.

thanks for following!

Looking great SS, looking forward to seeing that LED perform :)

SG

Thanks bro!

I'm glad the transplant went well. The perlite still wasn't as dry as I wanted it before slipping them out, but the root balls looked good and remained fairly intact for the transfer.

DocBud commented on his journal that he avoided transplant shock by using perlite soaked in nute solution, so I sprayed the perlite and root balls thoroughly and the plants did very well.

I can't wait till the lights come on tonight so I can see how they're doing.

They make an even larger version of the same pot at 16" (!). These are 11.5" and pretty damn big. I think I could fit two of the 16-inchers in a tent, so I may pick up a couple, but these are really more than big enough.

Please shoot me a PM with the link to the ones you found.

you know, all this 3w vs 1w vs actual watts kinda stuff doesn't really matter much to me.

I don't design lights, and while I love technology, what really matters to me is how the final product smokes and how many jars I can fill.

If I even have the slightest suspicion that someone has a self-serving agenda, I'm not listening anyway.

this is not directed at anyone in particular ;)

Thanks bro!

I'm glad the transplant went well. The perlite still wasn't as dry as I wanted it before slipping them out, but the root balls looked good and remained fairly intact for the transfer.

DocBud commented on his journal that he avoided transplant shock by using perlite soaked in nute solution, so I sprayed the perlite and root balls thoroughly and the plants did very well.

I can't wait till the lights come on tonight so I can see how they're doing.

They make an even larger version of the same pot at 16" (!). These are 11.5" and pretty damn big. I think I could fit two of the 16-inchers in a tent, so I may pick up a couple, but these are really more than big enough.

Please shoot me a PM with the link to the ones you found.

ya nutes help so dose B1 when doing transplants. i am glad your happy with these lights and the way your girls are working out. its fun to see how much better their day by day. Hempy mixed with these leds and silica/H2O2 in veg is a potent combo i am finding out.

Ill shoot you that link right now.

oh any idea how how the OC+ effects the PH?

you know, all this 3w vs 1w vs actual watts kinda stuff doesn't really matter much to me.

I don't design lights, and while I love technology, what really matters to me is how the product smokes and how many jars I can fill.

If I even have the slightest suspicion that someone has a self-serving agenda, I'm not listening anyway.

this is not directed at anyone in particular ;)

thats how i roll. i dont care if the light is rainbow color and is .5w as long as it fills my jars good and gives me killer smoke then i am happy.:blunt:

im in. just want to learn more bout autos.

right on LilJah ;)

I'm keeping them on 18/6, and these ladies should hopefully start flowering soon.

Sometimes "autos" don't auto, and I've had to flip them to 12/12 just like regular plants, but we'll see how it goes.

Setting sun. I like your name and your triangle so perhaps you are just serving your own self interest which is fine.

You have proven by your response that you dont care that the company you work for is LYING and decievingly selling 1.25 actual watt LEDs as 3 watts!

DONT GET SCAMMED BY GROWITLEDHYDRO.COM buy LEDs.

DONT FALL FOR THIS GROUPS ADVERTISING HYPE.

You have just proven to me that you work for this company as does Irish Boy.

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS FORUM. They are trying to find more people to SCAM and TRICK with their 1.25 ACTUAL WATT LEDs telling you they are 3 watters!

You are much better off buying 1 watt LEDs or better yet maybe you can BUILD AN IGLOO out of old school 45 watt panels which are probably not FALSE ADVERTISING their wattages like this company!

You would get about the same results building an Igloo out of those than to spend another second entertaining this FRAUDULENT company.

Lol so if 3W LEDs pull 1.25 ACTUAL WATTS how many Watts do 2 Watt chips pull?

You two are all about talking about LEDs well lets here it?

Why IS YOUR COMPANY SCAMMING 420 MAGAZINE customers??!?!?!?

let me guess another one of Cammie foot soldiers? get a life and grow up. no one here is working for GLH. i suppose all of the many members here are working for GLH also? theirs like ten members on here using GLH lights so i suppose their all hustling everyone also? its mikes big family and were trying to do the biggest led scam in history!!! LMAO!! grow up and quite ur trolling with 3post all bad mouthing 1 company.

now its time to move one you little troll

Back
Top Bottom