Thanks for the heads up. How long is the stretch btw? So you're saying to give them another round of the GF Veg this time around and then switch to bloom the next one instead? So they will have been 2 weeks into flip before getting the first dose of the bloom?

That's exactly what I'm saying. They're still growing a bit but I think the stretch is done. I think it lasted about 2.5 weeks? I flipped them on July 23 and between then and their first feeding of GF Bloom on August 5, my girls stretched about 10 inches each.

That's exactly what I'm saying. They're still growing a bit but I think the stretch is done. I think it lasted about 2.5 weeks? I flipped them on July 23 and between then and their first feeding of GF Bloom on August 5, my girls stretched about 10 inches each.
Gotcha! Makes sense. Letting them have an extra boost of N for the stretch. Ok. I will give that a go! Again, I appreciate the insight and nudge in this direction.

* UPDATE *

# 1, 3, 7, & 9 - BLOOM DAY 0 (8/22)

Today was topdress day! All the indoor plants will be getting their first 12 hour day of light. Lights on at 7am and off at 7pm. I decided to just make the hard switch. Why not?! LOL

Each plant got the last application of @GeoFlora Nutrients 'VEG'. They all got some defoliation and some internal branch pruning. I took out any branches that wouldn't make it up to the canopy. I also snipped off a lot of little buds along the branches. Anything that could become a waste of resources, I did my best to get rid of it.

BEFORE

AFTER

Outdoors Zone 9B, California
# 8 - BLOOM Week 3
Raised Garden Bed

Nice training on your indoor girls :thumb:
Oh and your outdoor girls r lookin great

Good morning, Baked.

Do you know approximately when your outside plants started flowering? Your outdoor plant is lovely. Flowering time is my favourite time. :battingeyelashes:

Good morning, Baked.

Do you know approximately when your outside plants started flowering? Your outdoor plant is lovely. Flowering time is my favourite time. :battingeyelashes:
I have them at the start of week 3 today! Outdoor plant got it's second application of 'BLOOM' yesterday. She has EXPLODED over the past 2 weeks. I'm waiting for her to finish stretching...I'm hoping she doesn't clear the 8 ft fence!

Hey everyone! Quick update and advice needed please.

Bloom Week 3 Day 2

#8 outside is looking spectacular! At least in my eyes. I need to add the outside support structure asap so I don't need to worry about anything snapping. I'm still not sure on my training methods/techniques so I'm a bit nervous about what the end of September will look like. They will be dense and heavy is my anticipation! Reminiscent of what the Romulan looked like last year. There in lies one of my wisdom requests.

I really feel the need to do some defoliating and branch cuts. I'd like to see more light and air getting into the canopy. Did I miss that window?! Will she get too stressed out and potentially hermie? That is worries me the most. I'm not concerned about her bouncing back from the stress. It is the stress itself causing a hormone issue/change.

Would you say she is done stretching? She seems to have stopped growing vertically to me and colas appear to be stacking and getting wider.

Next question, what are your thoughts on bending down some of the branches that appear to have stopped growing vertically? I would like to get some of the inner canopy more light to help develop the small bud sites. Thoughts?

How many bud sites do you see?!
:hmmmm: :ganjamon::eek:

See what I mean about cleaning up?! I could clear out almost everything in there. There's no chance good light will get down there. It's already dark technically.

Here are examples of lower & outer branches I would like to bend down a little and over to the left slightly. I realize I should have done this weeks ago. So now, should I do pruning & bending or leave her be and harvest whatever I get?

I just had to try and get the best pic I could with my phone of one of my favorite colas. It's massive! I will need to try and figure out a way to get a picture of the whole thing. Curious how big it will be after it is done stacking.

So here, I wanted to show my idea/plan for training her backside. In my head, a taller back tier made more sense since I had a fence. So I did some supercropping and quite a bit of bending the back and front to accomplish my shape in my mind. I got relatively close but I could have done better. By having the back tier taller, it will get full light like the front section of the plant. Otherwise it would be considerably shaded from light and would be spindly branches and mediocre colas. At least that is what happened last year to the plants sitting in grow bags positioned in a similar spot in the yard. I did not rotate the bags.

Also...I have been treating all the outdoor plants with BT for the past couple weeks. This shows you though how persistent these stupid caterpillars are. I found 2 alive on top of the buds and a couple on leaves. Stretched straight as an arrow and obviously in distress. BT kills them from the inside out! They were a nemesis for me last season. Could have all been prevented with less laziness. This year, I went with 2 BT applications 5 days apart and then I have gone to 7 days. I may change back to 5 days. Looks like they may be getting a couple days of growth with no consequences.

Oh and quick pics of the ladies in the tent this afternoon. They look nicely recovered from the defoliating on Sunday. If anyone is wondering, #9 is being trained like this on purpose. Anybody see any glaring issues with the way they are structured or pruned right now?

8/27 - BLOOM DAY 6

I didn't update yesterday. Here's a good pic of the back/corner angle I was shooting for #9. Basically I wanted to bend back the stock to simulate the same method used outside by some growers. I have been slowly rotating all the plants, including #9 but now that they are all stretching, #9 will be put in place in the corner and likely left there. I have no idea why I decided to do this at this point but I'm just going with it. Looking back and seeing the results in the plants already, I would have preferred an even canopy. Visually it just makes me more happy to see a flat top or even like #3 a bit of globular top.

*EDIT* Ohhh... forgot to show this. I had quite the hot day yesterday. Actually it has been warm the past few days but all the light and drivers definitely drive the heat up. A single light source and remote driver installed outside the tent will be on my wishlist. Here is a pic of the moisture sensors I have in the pots. Ignore the actual percentage reading. I have not calibrated them correctly so they are reading low. At my next full drench, I want to calibrate them to show that measurement as 100% for each individual plant.

What it does show is their individual water usage patterns.
Screenshot_20210827-143221_Chrome.jpg

BLOOM: 3 weeks 6 days (Aug 1)

Another outdoor update on my gorgeous #8!
I know I'm biased but it feels so good to see a happy and healthy plant in my garden. It really does bring me comfort seeing my efforts being rewarded. :laugh:

Wait...no it's not...must give credit where credit is due! It is all about the work that @GeoFlora Nutrients and @Sierra Natural Science are putting in. It has been such a nice and relaxed grow season so far. I am still learning and this is only my 3rd growing season. The only additional products I have used so far is BT for caterpillars and I started using SNSDC.

Oh...and here's another peak at #2 and another close bonsai I decided to play around with. Trying to figure out how much stress I can get away with at different stages.

Clone

Ignore the beauty on the left. It is genetics from @Weed Seeds Express though! #8 is straight ahead.

Baked, that outdoor plot is simply gorgeous!

It's a scene worthy of printing and framing. :Rasta:

Baked, that outdoor plot is simply gorgeous!

It's a scene worthy of printing and framing. :Rasta:
Thanks so much GDB! That means a lot to me. This space is constantly evolving. You should have seen it 3 years ago! Dead grass and white drain rock everywhere. Not so gorgeous then! Haaa haaa...only took some weed, sweat, blood, weed, beer, lots of chicken poop, more weed, a few more beers, and a couple years to get this luscious garden. I feel blessed to care for it.

Thanks so much GDB! That means a lot to me. This space is constantly evolving. You should have seen it 3 years ago! Dead grass and white drain rock everywhere. Not so gorgeous then! Haaa haaa...only took some weed, sweat, blood, weed, beer, lots of chicken poop, more weed, a few more beers, and a couple years to get this luscious garden. I feel blessed to care for it.
You did a great job. It's amazing what a little dedication and beer can lead to! :Rasta:

The Baron greatly approves of what he sees here.
:thumb:

The Baron greatly approves of what he sees here.
:thumb:
Thank you BVB! Me too. Haaa haaa

looking great @BakedARea the gardens are looking spectacular and you should have so much top shelf bud at the end.
Much appreciated!!! I sure hope so on the top shelf aspect. I just need to be mindful of the bugs and weather. Then after that, just be patient with the cure! Seems so close yet so far. :laugh: :lot-o-toke:

Thank you BVB! Me too. Haaa haaa

Much appreciated!!! I sure hope so on the top shelf aspect. I just need to be mindful of the bugs and weather. Then after that, just be patient with the cure! Seems so close yet so far. :laugh: :lot-o-toke:
Because its outdoor grown and all the bugs that come with that, are you planning on using it for medicinal purposes? If so, I would be bud washing.

* TENT UPDATE * BLOOM WEEK 1
Here we go with the latest pics from the tent this morning. They all got some water yesterday. #1 was definitely the most thirsty from the group. I only did some edge watering. I will do a full drench on Monday morning most likely.

You can clearly see all the bud sites now and they are doing a little bit of stretching. Nothing too drastic that I've seen anyway.

I am also running into another issue on #7 & 9 again. Seeing some of those weird variegated leaves and now what looks like rust spots on a few leaves. That's indicative of a type of mold. Not positive that is what I am seeing here though.

They all got some @Sierra Natural Science SNS209 & SNSDC foliar spray just before lights out yesterday. If it is a mold, hopefully the DC wipes that out soon.

Rust spots on #7

Because its outdoor grown and all the bugs that come with that, are you planning on using it for medicinal purposes? If so, I would be bud washing.
Oh most definitely! I was amazed at how much stuff came off during the bud wash process last year. Next season I'm going to build a giant bug free house for the plants. Well...in my head I'll have it done in time.

Back
Top Bottom