Did you continue with the GF Veg until after the stretch? Is the yellowing showing up on the bigger plants? I think I have a couple of sativa leaners and that's where I'm seeing yellow. Are you feeding them the correct amount of GF for the container size (Moto258 wasn't)?

Did you continue with the GF Veg until after the stretch? Is the yellowing showing up on the bigger plants? I think I have a couple of sativa leaners and that's where I'm seeing yellow. Are you feeding them the correct amount of GF for the container size (Moto258 wasn't)?
Yes, this past weekend was their first dose of Bloom. If anything, they have been getting a tiny bit if whoops/extra with every top dress. It is not a deficiency in my opinion. I wonder if the last foliar spray was too much and the new light burnt the leaves?! I didn't think of that until now.

All caught up! I agree with you on your comments regarding ratchets for hanging lights and the removable driver. Sorry to see a little issue popped up. Hopefully, someone will have good advice and she'll be back to happy in no time. The plants look great otherwise

My risers are a great $.97 purchase at W…those green vinyl coated bird suet feeders…they even make a bigger version for bigger suet cakes. I’ve been using the regular size ones since grow 3 and now balance my 5 gallon pots on them. How wet is that soil? I might find a pic. Cheers
42C68731-716D-4C39-8A86-65D4B66AF128.jpeg

My risers are a great $.97 purchase at W…those green vinyl coated bird suet feeders…they even make a bigger version for bigger suet cakes. I’ve been using the regular size ones since grow 3 and now balance my 5 gallon pots on them. How wet is that soil? I might find a pic. Cheers
42C68731-716D-4C39-8A86-65D4B66AF128.jpeg
That's brilliant! The two plastic pots, I'm not too concerned with. After looking up more information, it is my understanding that the combination of being low on water prior to the topdress and then getting a new MUCH brighter light, those leaves were not prepared for it. Had nothing to do with excessive water. If anything, they could have accepted more!
So they are crispy as of they have heat damage. I looked back at my data and there was definitely some hot days in the tent. Combo that with fans and lowering the humidity made for a nice combination of dry leaf tissue. Again, that only affected the two plants in the fabric pots. Are they typically more susceptible to issues likes this?! I don't know the answer to that but it sucks.

nah a couple of hours shouldn't drown ur roots. I have faith man they are looking pretty good
I think after doing more reading agree with you. It simply was too short of time for the roots to rot. I think they got too dry.

* UPDATE - 9/9/21 *

Tent Bloom - 2 Weeks 4 Days

This was yesterday afternoon when I got the pictures. I thought I got good pics in the morning but they were blurry. I wanted to ensure that the crispy edges was not moving to other areas.

I appears to be done and over with but that happened very quickly from one day to the next. I just don't understand it. Could be light, heat, foliar spray, etc.

I'll wrap up the tent update with pics of colas!

* OUTDOOR BLOOM - WEEK 5 DAY 4 *
9/9/21 - Defoliation to increase airflow between colas and inner canopy.

I cleaned up quite a bit of large fan leaves that were covering up any bud sites. I also cleaned up the inner canopy too. There are a lot of smaller branches with larfy buds on the inside and lower canopy. Some have no chance of making it up. Some of it though gets sun now. Should I just trim it all out and lollipop it?

Honestly, at what point do you leave your outdoor plants alone and just let them grow without worrying about the inside canopy?

These colas are getting massive and dense. Any guesses on the final wet and dry weight?!

I have no doubt that I will be fighting mold and caterpillars every step of of way moving forward unfortunately. Nights are getting cooler and nightly mist is starting to come in. Time to build a cold frame around my outdoor plants. I have no choice or I will no doubt lose parts of this harvest to mold and caterpillars. Thankfully the BT has been keeping the caterpillars in check but it has come to the point where the buds are simply too dense for the BT to reach inside (which I don't want to do). The cabbage moths are laying eggs near the edge of the flowers on the leaves and the larvae are eating up the flower edges and young leaves. Only a matter of time before they go deep enough into the flower where they gorge themselves and kill that bud.

Sunday 9/13 -
Tent Bloom: 3 weeks
Outdoor Bloom: 6 weeks
PHOTO DUMP UPDATE!

lots and lots of photos. Sorry...I was feeling inspired to get better pics done yesterday. Everything seems to be looking good! The two indoor plants seem to be recovering. The other two got some defoliating and some future larfy branches pruned. Anyway, pics from the tent first.

And now...at an estimated 6 weeks and ready for trichome checks! I'll be posting trichome pics hopefully later this afternoon. Take care.

Having a bit of fun with some editing to try and recreate a moonlit *ish image. The original shot is below this one.

THe outdoor GSC also?? They all look GREAT!

Your outdoor is pretty far along. I'm way behind.
Yes, that is GSC #8. She's doing great for sure. I'm super worried about caterpillars and mold right now. Lots of misty nights and morning. Thankfully it gets dried out during the day but that can change in a single day and ruin everything. Thankfully using the SNS DC to keep mold and diseases at bay. Unfortunately, I have no choice but to have to incorporate some other non-sponsoted products to ease my anxiety. It is what it is. I don't even want to risk losing one of those gorgeous colas!
WOW! :ganjamon:

That about sums it up for me.
Thanks so much GDB! That seriously makes me smile and happy to read that. I wish I could share with everyone. :D

Hey Baked.

Looking great over here. That outdoor plant looks stacked but keep an eye out for mould. You are much further along than my outdoor plants and I've already got mould on one of them. It's an Afghan landrace in the UK though so it's hardly surprising.

I hear you on the caterpillars. I just spray them with alcohol every week and that seem to keep most things at bay. My worst enemy are slugs. They are king beasts here lol.

Good job buddy.
:passitleft:

Sunday 9/13 -
Tent Bloom: 3 weeks
Outdoor Bloom: 6 weeks
PHOTO DUMP UPDATE!

lots and lots of photos. Sorry...I was feeling inspired to get better pics done yesterday. Everything seems to be looking good! The two indoor plants seem to be recovering. The other two got some defoliating and some future larfy branches pruned. Anyway, pics from the tent first.

And now...at an estimated 6 weeks and ready for trichome checks! I'll be posting trichome pics hopefully later this afternoon. Take care.

Having a bit of fun with some editing to try and recreate a moonlit *ish image. The original shot is below this one.

:bravo:

Lovely!!!

that thing is a tree in your backyard man!

:morenutes: thanks Mate!! Credit where credit is due though...GF nutrients are killing it. There is no doubt that the included neem seed meal also has been helping keep the bugs at bay. I have really only had to worry about topdressing and keep branches in check. Last thing I wanted was any buds popping up over the neighbors fence.

I would love to be somewhere like @Dean's Greens and grow some real monsters. Head over to DG's journal for some updated pics of some BIGly buds!!!

That outdoor plant looks stacked but keep an eye out for mould. You are much further along than my outdoor plants and I've already got mould on one of them.
Oh yeah! I have already spotted some on my bonsai plant. They are getting SNS Disease Control & Fungicide once a week as a foliar. So far, I have not seen anything on #8, that big girl. I am looking closely and at the first sign of any discoloration on the buds, is getting cut off immediately. A failed aspect of my grows last year is that I got lazy with my monitoring and IPM. This year, I have only missed a day or afternoon of visual checkups here and there. Most mornings, they get a visual hunt for caterpillars. I also inspect the buds to see if there is any discoloration.

I need to move my bonsai #2 to a better location. Not getting enough son. These genetics LOVE the sun and thrive in it! I cut about 4 hours of sunlight from #2 and she's letting me know that I'm a horrible human being with no soul or compassion.
I hear you on the caterpillars. I just spray them with alcohol every week and that seem to keep most things at bay. My worst enemy are slugs. They are king beasts here lol.
Oh man...I have been so incredibly lucky that slugs have steered away from my plants completely. The same cannot be said about surrounding plants though. I did some companion planting surrounding my plants and it seems to have worked curb the attacks or eliminate them completely!

Your gardens, indoors and out look great, Baked! Your colas look more substantial than mine. I checked the trichomes on 2 of my girls today and even though, my colas don't look substantial, there are lots of cloudy and I even saw a couple amber. I was surprised as my colas aren't very chunky yet (ever?).

Thanks HG! I'll check the trichomes and try to get some pics. I was supposed to do that 2 days ago...

Your colas look more substantial than mine.
Outdoor plants would definitely be more substantial in most cases right?? Unless you're running a huge container indoors to be able to accommodate the larger root mass needed for huge colas. I always thought that the genetics and container would be key components of yield. I could most definitely be wrong though. Lol.

Yeah but these GSCs aren't the first plant I've grown indoors and their colas weren't as airy as these ones. I'm using the same pots and ProMix. The only difference is the GeoFlora (and Dynomyco and Earth Alive).

Yeah but these GSCs aren't the first plant I've grown indoors and their colas weren't as airy as these ones. I'm using the same pots and ProMix. The only difference is the GeoFlora (and Dynomyco and Earth Alive).
Ohhh.. gotcha. I see what you mean. Thanks for the clarification. Do you think it is because of being under fed? But that happened a long time ago in your Veg right?

Back
Top Bottom