420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick

What in the holy hell is happening?! Do you have a hidden camera in my garage watching me?! How did you know this?!

While chanting mystically (or even swearing in new ways) may be useful, lip reading did indeed suggest it was mathematics you were doing. I understand there is a logarithm or some such.

I officially hate cheap ass parchment paper. I'll buy a $100 roll of paper if I have to in order to save me the past couple hours of pain and torture.

Technique. The paper has no tensile strength (lifting it will rip it) so keep force flat across the surface, it has plenty of shear strength. Try the knife. Use it like it’s a cut throat razor. And do everything quite fast. If you are slow and careful that will help paper tear and frustration to mount.

I’ll watch while you give it another go...
:popcorn:

What in the holy hell is happening?! Do you have a hidden camera in my garage watching me?! How did you know this?!

:lot-o-toke:

I officially hate cheap ass parchment paper. I'll buy a $100 roll of paper if I have to in order to save me the past couple hours of pain and torture.

I hate parchment paper, too. I've been on the lookout for a silicone envelope less than the width of the press. There's so much oil that is absorbed by the paper and it gets so greasy and it seems like a waste, in my opinion.

Day 64 for GSC #2

My second plant has just finished nine weeks under 12/12 lighting.

I’m going to give her one last week to fatten up, fill out and finish.

I’m not waiting for amber trichomes I’m waiting for the last clear/glassy empty heads to turn milky like a THC-rich resin gland should.

Looking (and smelling) very yummy here. Can’t really shake a stick at world class organically grown medicine of this quality.

Thanks folks. Be well.
:ciao:

GSC #2

Flip day 76 (days of 12/12 lighting).

I harvested GSC #1 on day 71. That plant was flipped to flower while still immature (it had the parallel or symmetrical nodes of a sexually immature plant, not the staggered nodes of an older one). Checking my notes it was three weeks before I called budset on GSC #1.

GSC #2 must have been more mature when she was flipped because it was only 12 days later I called budset. That means she has been in flower two weeks longer than GSC #1.

I am planning to harvest her on Friday, day 78.

:theband:

GSC #2

Harvest Day

This one was quadline trained after a topping then left untipped.

Smells are sweet rubber, burnt fruit, all yum at this stage. Hard to be discrete about this in the suburbs on a sunny day. So I waited til night.

She has a good leaf to bract ratio and nice open node spaces. She was a joy to trim.

There should be a nice wee couple of ounces at least there. I’ll have a better idea when I clip her flowers into bags tomorrow for a low and slow fridge dry. I have everything ready to wash it all in the morning.

Night, folks :ciao:

What a gorgeous plant! Congrats.

Thanks Baked. It looks like more than 2.5 oz in the fridge. I had a vape today of an early tester and she is better than GSC #1 was.
:thumb:

Another beauty DD! Is that the last one or do we still have more pretty flowers to have a gander at?

I still have one in veg believe it or not.
And these two in the flower room...

:love: :snowboating::love:

Congratulations on the beautiful harvest, the frost...I dunno where to start , so I'll stop and just say :drool: :adore:

Thanks, Rex. There are some very nice looking flowers in the fridge here. I haven’t even tried a tester.

Congrats on the frosty harvest DonkeyDick. Enjoying my well cured buds now. Cheers

Bud envy.
Good to see you cr8. Good to see this too...

GSC #3 is reaching senescence and getting heavy and gorgeous. At least another week for her.

Thanks for looking in.

:peace::green_heart::rollit:

Those are some amazing flowers!

Quick mental recap...mainly because I'm lazy and don't want to spend the next hour trying to find the answer. Are those 3 gallon nursery pots?

When you do chop those, planning on doing a whole plant or branch chop?

I was hoping if would you not mind to showcase your trunk and branch structure afterward please. I really like the uniform and large growth in this space. I need to learn how to train mine better and would like to try something like this. Seeing your branch structure reminds me a lot of how I prune some fruit trees. Scalloped wine glass. They are able to support more weight at the crotch of the branch and trunk. Thanks and if you're like, "kick rocks, I don't want to do all that!" I completely understand and wouldn't hold it against you in the slightest. Lol

Those are some amazing flowers!

Thanks. It’s thanks to the sponsors really.

Quick mental recap.... Are those 3 gallon nursery pots?

The pots you see there are 20 litre, so 5ish gallons?

I transplanted my last one, GSC #5, into a ten litre pot today and put her in the flower room.

At last! The countdown is on.

When you do chop those, planning on doing a whole plant or branch chop?

I pluck fans, then chop branches to trim, wash and hang. Then I strip flowers from stems after a drip dry and bag them in the fridge. Each bag gets 30 grams of wet flower. I lay them out flat with their ends tucked over and check them daily.

After a week in the fridge they take up less room...

In one of the bags today...

Some very pretty flowers.

And I took some of the smallest, driest pieces for a test drive.

Very satisfying flavours! More interesting at first blush than GSC #1 which I finished yesterday. She wasn’t a keeper. This one - mmm. We’ll see.

Today flowers in the fridge are beginning to feel crisp enough that I will start to transition them to jars tonight. I find a night spent in a sealed jar will draw more moisture from the stem and rehydrate the surface crispy bits. Then I use larger paper bags to store the flowers back in the fridge for another day. They will feel dry again, then they’ll likely test in the 60-70% RH range in the jar after that.

I was hoping if would you not mind to showcase your trunk and branch structure afterward please.

A pleasure...

GSC #3 was topped once then trained.
GSC’s #4 and 5 were topped then tipped.

You can see where I snipped a branch that wasn’t going to make it to the canopy.

In the picture below you can see a knuckle in a branch. This is a HST technique. I’ll do this deliberately when supercropping or just to position a branch without too many nuisance training wires. The branch was crushed and twisted over a half inch or so. This to: reposition the growth tip in the canopy, slow growth in veg temporarily, produce larger flowers off the ‘knuckled’ branch.

And looking up again...

For branch structure based on the frame you were looking at.

The pointer below is to show that even the lowest branches on this one will be valuable parts of the overall canopy.

Thanks and if you're like, "kick rocks, I don't want to do all that!" I completely understand and wouldn't hold it against you in the slightest. Lol

This is what these journals are for, BA. I appreciate your questions. If I were better at asking questions I would learn faster.

Cheers folks
:snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom