420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick

This is the normal low and slow dry a lot of people here have adopted/adapted. The ‘cure’ link in my signature takes you to some of the science around RH control during this process if anyone
Thanks. Yes, I tried the low and slow method last year. I'll be doing some that way again but with the quantity, I just foresee problems with space in the fridge (and we have 3 full size fridges).

I do want to harvest some testers. I'll be doing that tomorrow! Thanks for the info.

IKR?! I only have 62’s. There is a way to refresh them to get more than a single use out of each.

All good BA. I hope it goes well for you.

Really? (Nayeah)
Teach Great Donkey!

Good morning.

We keep our used Boveda packs in a sealed jar along with a rag so there's no air movement. It keeps them nice and fresh for use next time.

Kick ass harvest! Congrats.

Excited to watch it the rest of way. How to do you intend to cure these? Do you approach it differently if your curing for smoking flower versus pressing?

Hey...I think I asked you before. How did you cure or prep your testers? I mean, what's typically the best way to approach getting them ready quickly but still a good test product?

How about dipping into the stash early in the cure process to enjoy? I'm frothing at the mouth to start getting some lower canopy snipped to give it a try. Not sure how to approach it and still be good.

I'm thinking of cutting a bunch of this lower stuff tomorrow. I figured it should still be enjoyable...it's pretty frosty. Plus it would give the main branches some extra nutrients since these wouldn't be sucking anything up...right?! Thoughts?
BakedARea, I pull all those low buds during stretch, pinch off any leaves and drop handfuls of small buds into a cigar box for alternating cool dark and some hours of sunshine to cure for testers. Interesting I got a second harvest off the low bud sites that were pinched off with super frosty gummi bear size buds…more trim for hash or testers. The trichomes on these GSC buds overpowers any raw chlorophyl hay influence. Cheers

:ciao: Hey 420 :ciao:

As expected there was a little over an ounce here. A very nice ounce though :thumb:
I have been pleasantly surprised a couple of times by the unmistakable taste of biscuit dough! Not Girl Guide Biscuit dough though - there is cocoa in it. Yum!

Potency is better than expected. She hasn’t proved herself against pain but I am more than happy to have this in the mix!

I’m not sure this one will have time for much of a cure. There will be better yields off the topped plants that are coming through next.

Thanks for looking in, folks :ciao:

From Heads to Meds

It is always good to hear the crackling sound of flowers with so much resin they hardly need pressure at all.

For four minutes twenty :high-five:

Thanks to @DabPress and @Weed Seeds Express :green_heart:

The trick is to leave a gap to the gummed edge. This lets you roll back and forth a little so it’s not much different to the way you normally make a joint.

Tasting like warm crumpets with golden syrup, with a Midas-like ability to turn everyone it touches into toast. The breakfast of champions.

:ciao: :peace: :love:

What a great looking smoosh! I need to try it without a bag. I just did my first press today. Came out super dark. Super gooey like yours but way darker. I want to get more golden colored rosin. Not sure if that even matters though. I'm assuming it depends on the flower. How the hell do you collect all of yours so neatly?!

Very nice pre-harvest testers Donkey Dick, mine do not disappoint and haven’t touched a real cured bud yet. Cheers

Cheers cr8. I’m having the same undisappointed experience with them so far. Appointed? :laughtwo: What’s left of GSC #1 won’t have time for much of a cure but there’s more where she came from!

One day my paper will be crowned with the almighty dab sword by the the royal highness of the stable , what an awesome grow donkey dick! We all appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us!

It’s all starting to make sense with fruit beginning to fall. It is a privilege to be a part of this comparative grow. The sponsors could not have been more generous.

What a great looking smoosh! I need to try it without a bag. I just did my first press today. Came out super dark. Super gooey like yours but way darker. I want to get more golden colored rosin. Not sure if that even matters though. I'm assuming it depends on the flower. How the hell do you collect all of yours so neatly?!

I think temperatures, pressures and source material are your main variables as far as colour goes. Try a cooler head? I’m liking 95-98C mostly and if I go 10 degrees higher the product will likely be darker.
Try rerunning pucks you’ve pressed at a lower temperature at a higher temperature too. Have a play.
I only press pucks once each and they are collected for infusions.

Collecting the rosin. I know, right?! When I started doing this I couldn’t find these answers either so I hear you loud and clear.

People fuss about with ice cold trays, putting their ‘parchment’ (ie. baking paper) in the freezer, standing on one foot in a cross breeze with your tongue out while counting backwards from a hundred in multiples of seven, etc.
I say nuts to all that.
I put the paper on the large silicon sheet and collect what I can with the little spatula wotsit (LSW). The silicone storage cup can be pinched around the LSW to remove the rosin. I use a very sharp knife held almost flat to collect the rest. The small silicone mat can be used to pinch rosin from the blade and the LSW can collect this.

I like to whip it once it’s collected as it becomes a more buttery consistency after a day or two and I find it easier to spread like that.

Also, don’t touch it. It doesn’t matter how helpful you think it will be or how fast you think you’ll get it done don’t touch it. It’s really sticky.

And of course...
He has hoofs! :rofl:

Hoofs help!

:headbanger:

People fuss about with ice cold trays, putting their ‘parchment’ (ie. baking paper) in the freezer, standing on one foot in a cross breeze with your tongue out while counting backwards from a hundred in multiples of seven, etc.
What in the holy hell is happening?! Do you have a hidden camera in my garage watching me?! How did you know this?!

:lot-o-toke:

I officially hate cheap ass parchment paper. I'll buy a $100 roll of paper if I have to in order to save me the past couple hours of pain and torture.

Back
Top Bottom