Happy Thanksgiving Baked! I hope you make it in time for dinner and get to enjoy the time with your family.
:circle-of-love:

Nice to be able to post those and not have someone tell you you're doing it all wrong. ;)
Thanks homie! Happy Thanksgiving to you too. So many blessings to be thankful for. Need to keep that perspective during gut punch times too.

Yes...doing it wrong...EVERY time without fail! Bwaaahaaahaaaa *eye roll emoji*

:ganjamon:

Ohhhh man...a no bag squish?! Blasphemy!

Happy Thanksgiving Baked! Everything is looking awesome over here. Love the rosin pics, I hope you are enjoying the flavor and effects!
Hey man! Thanksgiving blessings to you MG! I appreciate it. It was fun to do some basic trimming and just SMASH! That seems to be a recipe for a good time...

* UPDATE *
1,2,3 - VEG DAY 11 (May 12th)
Above Soil April 28th / 2 wk seedling stage
7,8,9 - VEG DAY 7 (May 16th)
Above Soil May 9th / 1 wk seedling stage

They all got a little bit of water. Working on the watering logic from @Emilya and focused on the edges. It was a mix of @Sierra Natural Science SNS209 , @Terpinator , and mosquito bit water.

Worked on only the edges of 1,2, & 3. #1 got 100 mL. #2 & 3 each got 50 mL.

#7,8, & 9 got a full drench. I started with ~ 65 mL each and walked away. Came back maybe 15 minutes later and gave them another 65ish mL each and all of them went to runoff. I allowed them to sit in the trays. Then tipped them for a minute to purge the water table.

Family Portraits First

Now for some personal attention for each of them.

I wanted to share this one with you all first. A little brain fart and this is what came out...

This is it without the brain fart. Mainly to appease the part of my personality that wants to see it for it's natural beauty.

Check out this crazy bend at the base of the trunk that was uncovered. I hope that doesn't become a weak spot. I have a feeling it won't.

#7, 8, & 9

@BakedARea just hopped along this fast moving train of experiments and knowledge and wanted to know if you mind if I catch a seat and tag along on this fine adventure to successful medicine, plants look very healthy under your watchful eyes seems like you are starting to fine tune your M.O :bravo:and :goodluck: on the rest of your grow I'm in for the duration:Namaste:

@BakedARea just hopped along this fast moving train of experiments and knowledge and wanted to know if you mind if I catch a seat and tag along on this fine adventure to successful medicine, plants look very healthy under your watchful eyes seems like you are starting to fine tune your M.O :bravo:and :goodluck: on the rest of your grow I'm in for the duration:Namaste:
Welcome aboard! Still lots to learn. I'll be dedicating some space after my current grow to give the GSC another run. With more experience under my belt and a better understanding of this plants requirement, I think my final harvests could have been much better. Any time you see anything in my journals that is a concern or is confusing, please ask away!

Thanks again for joining in. You can check out my newest auto grow in my signature. Would love to have you follow along there. Blessings.

* UPDATE *
1,2,3 - VEG DAY 22 (May 12th)
Above Soil April 28th / 2 wk seedling stage
7,8,9 - VEG DAY 18 (May 16th)
Above Soil May 9th / 1 wk seedling stage

Central Coast California
Outdoors Zone 9B
#2 - Bonsai Inspired Design
#8 - Raised Garden Bed (Future home)

Well...remember that comment about having a routine yesterday?! Anyway...that changed last night and this morning already! :ganjamon::laugh:

I decided to leave #2 & 8 outside in the greenhouse. It was a mild evening and I felt they were strong enough to deal with it. Oh...and I went out on a late night taco munch run and forget to bring them inside.
The front door is completely open so they got the full ambient temp drop through the evening. Checked on them this morning and they look perfectly fine! Looks like they will be living in the tent 24/7 for the next few weeks while I get them prepared for full sun. They will be getting increased amounts of full sun everyday for the next week or two. The way these girls are responding to everything thrown at them so far, I'm guessing they will be ready in a few days.

Now for the ladies in the tent...

#1 had a couple unhappy leaves. I went and snipped them off. No point in having the plant spending energy trying to fix those. I'm not sure what this sign on this leaf means. Any ideas?

Along with some defoliation at nodes 2,3,4, & 5, she also got topped today at the 8th node.
:eek::cool: - I went 1 step past the recommendation by @Moto258 and snipped off leaves instead of bending them. I'm confident she will bounce back mightily. Seeing how fast @Brett Blaze 's plants recover from defoliation has convinced me they will be better for it.

My wife said that she looks anorexic and ugly now. Haaa haaa haaa...apparently my wife likes girls to be thick too! Who knew?!
:rofl: :rofl:
Nothing wrong with a lady with a little meat on her bones I'm in agreement with your wife on this one:laugh::laugh:

I'm going to wait and see how #1 responds before doing anything to #3. I'd like to even out their canopies if I can. Here is a pic of the inner canopy and node spacing for #3. I'm thinking I want to quadline this one. Any thoughts if this would be a good candidate for that?
The ladies are looking exceptional keep it up your doing a great job :headbanger::rollit:

I fell some pages behind Baked. But I see you had a very nice harvest and then a smashing success! :Rasta:

Nicely done. :thumb:

I harvested the rest of the salvageable buds off GSC #8. Here are what most of the buds look like. I have a few PM spots to clean out.

In keeping with the theme of GSC #8, here is some of her flower ground up from her very first harvest back in September. I was fortunate to win this amazing @PerfectPipe package recently! Thank you so much PerfectPipe for being a sponsor for this community in this giant internet world. It means a lot to us!

Check this out...super easy to load. Just twist as you press it into your ground material.

A fresh filter after switching it out and trying a bowl out.

After 1 bowl!

A fresh filter compared to the inside of just the pipe after only 3 bowls. This device captures the majority of the mainstream smoke which is what is dangerous. Also, I love that there is nothing taking away the flavor of the flower. I'm not a fan of having to replace the filter each time but honestly, it is a small nuisance for my safety.

Anybody else have a chance to try these? What are your thoughts? Dig it or not...I think it is good to have these discussions.

I honestly may have never pulled the trigger to purchase these. Now having them in my hand, I have to at least give our sponsors some props.

For patients that need cleaner smoke and want the entourage affects of putting the flame to your flower, this is a pleasant surprise that I think you would enjoy.
Thank you BakedARea ! Changing the filter with each bowl will keep your THC high and your throat and lungs will thank you. Glad you like it! Even though I am partial, the PerfectPipe is the only thing I will smoke from. I hate burning my throat! Good health to you, Randal

Thank you BakedARea ! Changing the filter with each bowl will keep your THC high and your throat and lungs will thank you. Glad you like it! Even though I am partial, the PerfectPipe is the only thing I will smoke from. I hate burning my throat! Good health to you, Randal
Hey! Thanks for chiming in. I have been enjoying it more and more. You are definitely right, it is a cleeeeean smoke! Smooth and tranquil on the throat for sure. I just found out how NOT GOOD my cure is because I tried it first through the PerfectPipe. Then I had some hits from another non-filtered glass joint style device. Holy hell! Apparently my curing is not done! Haaa haaaa.

Thanks PerfectPipe for hiding my bud's imperfect cure. :rollit:

the more I think about it the more intriguing I find this pipe. I wouldn't mind the filter replacement aspect so much as I would only use it on the occasion I feel the need as Baked said to hit flame to flower. It would also be easier than maintaining a water pipe but still give smooth hits. May be a Christmas present to myself this year. Thanks for bringing it to my awareness and your honest review.

the more I think about it the more intriguing I find this pipe. I wouldn't mind the filter replacement aspect so much as I would only use it on the occasion I feel the need as Baked said to hit flame to flower. It would also be easier than maintaining a water pipe but still give smooth hits. May be a Christmas present to myself this year. Thanks for bringing it to my awareness and your honest review.
Hey MG! It would be a worthy purchase. I'm going to order some extra filters and probably one more travel kit just because or for random gifts. I am sold. I may not want a joint or a full bong bowl. This thing is perfect for that! I have used it a few more times and I dig it. It has become part of the routine to finish my hits and just toss the filter and put it a new one in seconds.

Is there is a discount code @PerfectPipe for us to order? If not, no worries. Figured I would ask. Thanks.

Hey amigo! Finally just got off call...17 days straight are complete! WoooHooo...Cleaning up my tent and pressing area tomorrow and make some carts. That's my grandiose plan anyway. I may sleep until Monday. Who knows...

A few more pics from some flower while I did some jar checks.

GSC #9 is by far the winner this year! Forgive the farmer's trim.
She was coincidentally the one I stressed out the most before harvest. The aroma that comes out of the jar when I open it is an abundance of sweetness. There is hint of mint in there too. Unfortunately, my 8 year old still smells a little bit of hay. What the hell does she know?!

The most beautiful plant of the bunch before harvest was hands down #7! She also has produced the prettiest buds of the bunch too. Here are some samples of the smaller buds with a farmer's trim too.

Here is one of the bigger and more photogenic of the buds. An ode to the OG line.

A reminder of how she looked shortly before harvest.

#1,3, & 7 has a much stronger old school smell of a pungent OG. It is faint though. I let the dry go too far and had too many in turkey bags for too long. Still learning and won't get too down about it. I need to improve this part of the craftsmanship. Simple as that!

Beautiful work Baked!
thanks Otter! I would personally say so-so. I could accept beautiful because I agree with you. They are pretty but could have been so much better. I really need to work on my post-harvest techniques. I think I lost a lot of potential.

Yeah, they frost up better with stress.
I was a bit late to the stress process and decided, what the hell, let's give it a try. Well, they all definitely appeared to get more potency before getting cut. Their appearance was ugly but it was nice that a lot of the unnecessary fan leaves dried themselves mostly before getting chopped down.

Back
Top Bottom