420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody

:happy-birthday: early!

And I'm glad you weren't talking about any other living beings in your house :).
Yep the girlfriend is out of town right now so no mistaking who I meant lol

Me too, Justin, an early Happy Birthday to you!

However, at 46 I can tell you that you don't know true bone dry and true saggy. Lucky you! :Rasta:

Well than...Happy (early) Birthday, mine blew by me last week. (Except I don't age anymore)
Perk them girls up, its time to get their grow on.
Got to love them special needs struggling runts...she might surprise you!

Well I had a small change of plans-
My birthday is coming and the Girlfriend is taking us out of town for a few days (on Friday) so I won’t be here.
I didn’t want to leave her at the mercy of the person watering my plants while I’m gone, cause she’s drying out too fast daily. So I up-potted her today.
969CB01C-B23D-45E3-A32D-C788465FDEE9.jpeg

She had a nice ball of roots and would have been fine with another week in the cup, but I don’t want to worry about her drying out (or overwatering) this weekend. So now by the time I leave, she should be recovered and reaching and muuuch easier to have someone else water for a few days.

Good call on the up pot! Wishing you an early happy birthday!! My wife took me out of town for my 40th a few years back and it was one of the best birthdays I’d had in a few years!! Probably had a lot to do with getting a break from the kiddos for a few days lol.

Good call on the up pot! Wishing you an early happy birthday!! My wife took me out of town for my 40th a few years back and it was one of the best birthdays I’d had in a few years!! Probably had a lot to do with getting a break from the kiddos for a few days lol.
Ya I hear that :)
In my case these are my kiddos, but I also need a break and to get back to actual nature sometimes. I live on the beach so I shouldn’t complain but it still feels nice to get “away” sometimes.

One runt to rule them all! :cheer:

If that's first gear, then my runt must be stuck in neutral... :)
runty.jpg
I hate neutral...still better than park or “won’t start at all” though. Yours is a good green, it will be fine!

Hi @Trala ! (just thought I would mention you!)

It looks happier, I will give it that. This whole way of working this HP is contrary to how I water with a strong wet/dry cycle though... you keep it wetter than I do... and it is my belief that this is what is causing the "wrinkles"... but what you are doing seems to be working for you and I don't want to criticize. :Namaste:

As far as roots trying to find their way out indicating the need to uppot... this too is not something that I subscribe to. I start out and stay for a good long while in a small cup, in order to form a rootball in the constricted space... you are racing for the next pot size... again, not exactly how I do things, but this is your party and I am here to observe, not rock the boat. You asked for a good reason though, so I will give you one. Your plant can not yet drain that cup of all the water in there in 24-36 hours, so the roots still have a ways to go before they are strong enough to justify the need for a larger container. Moving her now will not make a strong rootball with lateral growth all through the container... you will end with a skinny root system that ends up mostly going up and down in the center of the next container with almost no lateral growth to the sides. The plant doesn't form an actual rootball unless you constrict her and make her do it. Staying in that solo cup until she shows you she has strong roots all through that cup is not going to hurt a thing. It may seem shocking to some of you, but I stay in the solo cup almost every time, all the way to the 5th node popping up, and it really seems to make the plants a lot stronger at the next stage to come out of the starting container with an actual root ball.
i agree with Emilya, i believe the wrinkles and droop on the leaves may be from a bit of overwatering. In terms of the ProMix Potting Mix, have you tried the ProMix HP? Ive tried both and believe the HP is sufficient for seedlings, while the potting mix can be abit hot and less porous.

Your grow is looking great soon to be birthday boy

:) :) :)
Thank you @Trala, I know she will end up ok. I may have my own way sometimes but I arrive at pretty decent results most days ;)
i agree with Emilya, i believe the wrinkles and droop on the leaves may be from a bit of overwatering. In terms of the ProMix Potting Mix, have you tried the ProMix HP? Ive tried both and believe the HP is sufficient for seedlings, while the potting mix can be abit hot and less porous.
Thanks for stopping by.
I like it (ProMix) to be a bit hot with the autos, then I can wait on their first feeding.
With this plant, a photo, I definitely overwatered it for a few days due to not being used to sprouting in solo cups.
I should have just started in my final container, that’s what I’m really comfortable with.
46938B94-AC6F-4E47-B69C-F5CCA40E09F8.jpeg
ProMix has brought me great results and I’m sure it will this time as well, she will look 100% in no time.

Wait until she wakes up and stretches!
Looking forward to it!

For now she’s adjusting a little slowly, but her top leaves are at the right angle and she’ll be taking off soon.
E561CE67-4E5A-4CB7-8F8E-C5B6C7BD3F49.jpeg

It’s been a while since I grew a photo, I overwatered her a little, but she’s still growing alright.

Back
Top Bottom