• Muttt - Gran Daddy Purple

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Frogsong - Purple Berry

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • The General - Northern Lights #5

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • DarksideD - Chonic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be Irie - Churps (Sativa Chernobyl X Da purps)

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Goldengoose7 - Grand Daddy Purple

Votes: 9 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats on your win!!! Very beautiful entry!!! Cheers to all that entered, many many dank and beautiful plants!!!!

I'll not be entering my indoor plants in this contest anymore. Outdoor just blows those little indoor plants away.

While there have been plenty of indoor grown winners in this contest, I definitely hear what you're saying. Its really hard to compete with mother nature when it comes to light levels and it is virtually impossible to duplicate the complex temperature changes outdoor plants experience. Temperature plays a HUGE role in growing this crop to its full potential, something often overlooked by the indoor grow crowd. Especially with purple strains like GDP which require cold overnights to properly change color at the end of their flower cycle.

I think something equally notable is that purple strains tend to win here disproportionally over other types of Cannabis. Since everyone loves a well tended purple strain this is not at all surprising, but it does make it much harder for growers of non-purple strains to compete head to head in a photo only contest.

The NOTM contest fortunately isn't as one sided in this regard, so I would encourage anyone discouraged by this contest to consider focusing on that contest instead! There it all comes down to the best nug! And indoor grown buds have just as good a chance of winning as an outdoor grown one, and the bud's color doesn't seem to make as much difference. :)

But Jandre.. I grew some good buds mate?? Indoor in soil, no co2 or supercropping, just an LST.
She reached over 6ft and 4.5ft wide and filled my grow space.. I got 4 buds over 2ft, and about 6 x 1ft buds then all the buds just under 1ft..
I GOT BROKEN INTO AFTER HARVEST AND THEY CLEANED ME OUT EXCEPT MY 4 - 2ft buds..
2012-11-01_10_28_18.jpg
2012-10-31_18_49_50.jpg
2012-10-31_18_22_30.jpg
2012-10-31_18_22_08.jpg
2012-10-31_17_48_44.jpg
2012-10-31_18_08_32.jpg
2012-10-31_18_40_23.jpg
2012-10-31_16_04_43.jpg

Im spewing ive lost most of my girl.. She was Vegged for 6 weeks and flowered for 57 days.. Thanks, Smokemup.. Hope these give you some hope for indoor:):)

Thank you Ilikebike. There's still 3 days of voting to go though so I'm not going to get myself too excited just yet. Though I could definitely use the prizes. My disability check doesn't go very far and it'll be nice to have some good stuff for my plants next year. But I have to admit, I'm most excited about the 420 bud jar. I'm a container hoarder and a glass addict, so I really want that jar! :laughtwo:

good thing you didnt get your self to excited huh? you only won by like 18 votes! Good job man enjoy that jar dude!

Back
Top Bottom