420's Perfect Sun Led Goliath V2 Sponsor Grow Purple Punch Clones Hydro Flood & Drain

Motm, congratulations, well deserved. :bravo:

Didn't realize you were bitten by a snake, damn that must've been scary. Hope your doing ok now. Plants are looking great as always.:thumb:
I’m fine JJ burning feeling gone .
There repairing my lake dam , besides the giant crack in it . Lake level is 533’ above sea level I’m 455’ above sea level makes me think sometimes why my taxes are so high .Whitney dam

I’m fine JJ burning feeling gone .
There repairing my lake dam , besides the giant crack in it . Lake level is 533’ above sea level I’m 455’ above sea level makes me think sometimes why my taxes are so high .
My math isn't the greatest, but if you're 80 feet below a dam with a crack in it, a pesky snake bite is the least of your worries.

11/05/21 Day 71/40
Didn’t notice yesterday that the girls are fighting to get back in the center. I’m thinking about taking them from there bondage. The leafs ends still have a little curve . Moved the fan back down between the canopy and light. Had it tilted back , didn’t like the temps . Turned the a/c off ,mistake back on .
TDS 812 ppm was 892 ppm Falling
Water temp 71.4
Water level down 2-3/4 gallons Falling
Ph 5.5 was 6.1 Falling
Canopy temp 77.6 my bad a/c on
Room temp 80.1 back to 76
Room Rh 52 struggling from that 98% last night
Outside temp @10:30am
Outside Rh 89%

Rode my bicycle this morning my fingers still hurt from just 49f degrees sucks I want my 65f degrees back . On to the next .

11/05/21 Day 71/40
Didn’t notice yesterday that the girls are fighting to get back in the center. I’m thinking about taking them from there bondage. The leafs ends still have a little curve . Moved the fan back down between the canopy and light. Had it tilted back , didn’t like the temps . Turned the a/c off ,mistake back on .
TDS 812 ppm was 892 ppm Falling
Water temp 71.4
Water level down 2-3/4 gallons Falling
Ph 5.5 was 6.1 Falling
Canopy temp 77.6 my bad a/c on
Room temp 80.1 back to 76
Room Rh 52 struggling from that 98% last night
Outside temp @10:30am
Outside Rh 89%

Rode my bicycle this morning my fingers still hurt from just 49f degrees sucks I want my 65f degrees back . On to the next .
Now that's a way to freeze your ass off for some exercise! Well done!

11/06/21 Day 72/41
Standing taller this morning, the white hairs are busting through these red hairs .
TDS 717 ppm was 812 ppm Falling
Water temp 71.6
Water level down 2-1/2 gallons Falling
Ph 5.3 was 6.2 Falling adjusted to 6.2
Canopy temp 75.9
Room temp 77.7 moved down 1 degree
Room Rh 51.3 %
Outside temp 9:30 am 50 degrees
Outside Rh 89%

Probably a good idea to adjust the lighting…

The DLI calculations are based on the average. One part of Mary is receiving > 1000µmols.

I super cropped a few of Jeff's stalks last night because they were just a few inches from the light. Had I not done so, that 470 reading would have been much closer to the 1030 that Mary is getting.
Wow. Nice chart. LOVE the organization and awesome record keeping. Clutch. Do you actually go back and reference these? Like when you grow the strain again or whatever?

Also, you may appreciate this - I measure in par numbers vs. uMols, I know what's what but it's just easier to think in terms of par for me. My meter (Phototone, awesome app) measures/displays both. And right now my three photos in my Gorilla tent are getting 1300+ par across the entire footprint. They love it.

Probably a good idea to adjust the lighting…

The DLI calculations are based on the average. One part of Mary is receiving > 1000µmols.

I super cropped a few of Jeff's stalks last night because they were just a few inches from the light. Had I not done so, that 470 reading would have been much closer to the 1030 that Mary is getting.
I have a lux meter I use this Goliath V2 has the most level lux I’ve seen . At 9” which is the closest on about 36 tops is 75k lux with slight curl on the edges of the leaves . The farthest from the light is 13” and it’s still 68k lux with the same curl . Plus I think I was giving too much calmag,as I cut it this reservoir the nutrients uptake took off as I hoping for . I thought it was to soon for the uptake to stall as it did . As we all get to see it go again. Looking forward to your input any and all welcome.

Wow. Nice chart. LOVE the organization and awesome record keeping. Clutch. Do you actually go back and reference these? Like when you grow the strain again or whatever?

Also, you may appreciate this - I measure in par numbers vs. uMols, I know what's what but it's just easier to think in terms of par for me. My meter (Phototone, awesome app) measures/displays both. And right now my three photos in my Gorilla tent are getting 1300+ par across the entire footprint. They love it.
Jon:

I don’t mean to hijack this thread so I’ll keep it short (@Rexer laughs about that!). I’ve only done three grows - one in 2017 that got whacked by a SoCal electric blackout, Gorilla Grow autos earlier this year, and my current Gelato autos so I don’t have a lot of history to go back on. The journal from the GG’s has been helpful and the detail from the Gelato grow has helped ID a Cal Mag issue that, thanks to a lot of input and some chemistry magic by @FelipeBlu, is now firing on all cylinders.

"par numbers vs. uMols,” - PAR, the acronym for the spectrum of light which plants use for photosynthesis, is typically measured by PPFD, which is expressed in µmols. DLI is a 24 hour metric that's expressed in mols. Multiply your PPFD value by 0.0036 and then multiply that by the number of hours in your lighting schedule and that’s the DLI. At 1300 µmols for 12 hours they’re getting a DLI of 56 moles. That’s a whole lotta light!

Jon:

I don’t mean to hijack this thread so I’ll keep it short (@Rexer laughs about that!). I’ve only done three grows - one in 2017 that got whacked by a SoCal electric blackout, Gorilla Grow autos earlier this year, and my current Gelato autos so I don’t have a lot of history to go back on. The journal from the GG’s has been helpful and the detail from the Gelato grow has helped ID a Cal Mag issue that, thanks to a lot of input and some chemistry magic by @FelipeBlu, is now firing on all cylinders.

"par numbers vs. uMols,” - PAR, the acronym for the spectrum of light which plants use for photosynthesis, is typically measured by PPFD, which is expressed in µmols. DLI is a 24 hour metric that's expressed in mols. Multiply your PPFD value by 0.0036 and then multiply that by the number of hours in your lighting schedule and that’s the DLI. At 1300 µmols for 12 hours they’re getting a DLI of 56 moles. That’s a whole lotta light!
No high jack here all I see is help !

I have a lux meter I use this Goliath V2 has the most level lux I’ve seen . At 9” which is the closest on about 36 tops is 75k lux with slight curl on the edges of the leaves . The farthest from the light is 13” and it’s still 68k lux with the same curl . Plus I think I was giving too much calmag,as I cut it this reservoir the nutrients uptake took off as I hoping for . I thought it was to soon for the uptake to stall as it did . As we all get to see it go again. Looking forward to your input any and all welcome.
"slight curl on the edges of the leaves .” - I read that in the journal and thought, yeh that sounds like a little but too much. But you have a fusion reactor for a light source so that’s not surprising!

My approach has been to keep the light at 6” and use the Apogee to help figure out the DLI. It’s been interesting and it’s help force me to LST the plants to create as even a canopy as my limited skills allow. That’s OK in a 2’ x 4’ - a 5’ x 5’ is a different story. :)

"slight curl on the edges of the leaves .” - I read that in the journal and thought, yeh that sounds like a little but too much. But you have a fusion reactor for a light source so that’s not surprising!

My approach has been to keep the light at 6” and use the Apogee to help figure out the DLI. It’s been interesting and it’s help force me to LST the plants to create as even a canopy as my limited skills allow. That’s OK in a 2’ x 4’ - a 5’ x 5’ is a different story. :)
A little leaf curl ain't gonna hurt anything. If that's all it is, imho, you're fine. It's when you see yellowing and tips going down and pistils getting crispy and bleaching and such that it's a problem. Although I have found a little leaf curl can be a sign of the first step in the problem so you gotta keep an eye on it. I like to push it. My light is real similar to VG's in terms of wattage and power and distance above canopy and such, and I have mine at 10" with 680 watts of full power and 1300 par raining on them. That's about 56K lux. I can go lower, but without CO2 and growing three different strains with differing light needs I err on the side of what the plant that likes the lowest amount of light wants. But I still will drop the light another 2 inches on Monday and put them at about 63K lux. Until the plants tell me otherwise I'll let them keep having more as budding progresses. Just my method for what it's worth.

A little leaf curl ain't gonna hurt anything. If that's all it is, imho, you're fine. It's when you see yellowing and tips going down and pistils getting crispy and bleaching and such that it's a problem. Although I have found a little leaf curl can be a sign of the first step in the problem so you gotta keep an eye on it.
Agree. Once you have tissue death, you’re behind the power curve.

I like to push it. My light is real similar to VG's in terms of wattage and power and distance above canopy and such, and I have mine at 10" with 680 watts of full power and 1300 par raining on them. That's about 56K lux. I can go lower, but without CO2 and growing three different strains with differing light needs I err on the side of what the plant that likes the lowest amount of light wants. But I still will drop the light another 2 inches on Monday and put them at about 63K lux. Until the plants tell me otherwise I'll let them keep having more as budding progresses. Just my method for what it's worth.
1300 is a lot of light but, if they’re responding well, then…they’re responding well, eh? I’ll make a point to check out your journals.

And now, back to my 2’ x 4’ tent. Reading about this 5’ x 5’ stuff makes me jealous!

Agree. Once you have tissue death, you’re behind the power curve.

1300 is a lot of light but, if they’re responding well, then…they’re responding well, eh? I’ll make a point to check out your journals.

And now, back to my 2’ x 4’ tent. Reading about this 5’ x 5’ stuff makes me jealous!
Lol! Sorry for the distraction.

BTW, for the benefit of those following along - your current dose of 6g/gal MC V2 (from PM >> 9-6-17 with 5.6% Ca and 2.3% Mg) is providing:

142 ppm N
41 ppm P
223 ppm K
89 ppm Ca
36 ppm Mg

Looks great! Might be a shade light on CaMg - but if you need it - you have room to add 1ml/gal CaliMagic - which brings Ca up to 105 ppm and Mg up to 41 ppm, with only 3ppm more N.

Back
Top Bottom