Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

The two Matanuskans in bloom are mature now. Or rather the window has opened. I am going harvest this weekend. They will be better after going a little longer as well. :)

[action report]
==> Bloom - Pre-harvest flush (2)

MTP (65/65 days) : 2.00 gal ea
MTP.1B (65/65 days)

-Mix (4) gallons.
-Per gallon:
1 oz Clearex
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.23 @ 21.1 C

==> Bloom - Pre-feed flush (4)

GDP.1F (42/55 days) : 0.50 gal ea
GDP.1K (42/55 days)
L.4F (09/55 days)
BBX.2J (09/55 days)

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T liquid steamed bone meal
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.26 @ 21.1 C
1 t blackstrap molasses

==> Bloom - Feed (6)

1. GDP.1F : 1.00 gal ea
GDP.1K

-Mix (2) gallons - TAPER
-Per gallon:
2 T liquid steamed bone meal
1 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
1 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1/2 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 1040 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.20 @ 21.1 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

2. L.4F : 0.75 gal ea
BBX.2J

-Mix (2) gallon - EARLY
-Per gallon:
1 T Biggest Bloom
1 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
1 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1180 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.19 @ 21.2 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

==> Large Veg (9):

BD.5S : 1.00 gal ea
TRN.1D

MTP.1J, MTP.2A : 0.50 gal ea

BD.6D, BD.6E : 0.25 gal ea

AHK : feed to saturation
NL
GKA

-Mix (4) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
1 t Big Foot (3rd)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 960 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.27 @ 21.1 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Medium veg (12):

BD.6F, BD.6G : feed to saturation
MTP.2G, MTP.2H
TRN.2B, TRN.2C
GDP.2N, GDP.2P
BBX.3E, BBX.3F
L.5J, L.5L

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
2 t Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 790 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.22 @ 20.9 C
1/2 t Companion

[/action report]

:peace:

Woot!

:cheer:

The Tangerine Dream seed is alive! It was nowhere in sight this morning, but when I just checked it's up and moving fast. That's great news - it looks like this method of starting seeds is going to work for me. Here's what I did in a nutshell:

1. I mixed one quart of spring water with 1/2 tsp of Notrozime (note, NOT Nitrozyme). Notrozime is 10% seaweed extract (Ascophyllum nodosum). Seaweed, by my reckoning, is a low strength, low stress plant food with some rooting hormone activity. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That works out to 0.26%. I pH'ed the mixture to 6.20±.05 and put it in a jar with lid and ring. I keep it in the fridge.

2. I marked two 3oz plastic cups as previously, and added about 1 oz (2 tbsp) of the above mixture to each.

3. I dropped the seeds into the cups to soak. After a couple hours I poked them down. Sometimes they float not because there is a void inside but rather because there are tiny air bubbles adhering to the outside surface of the seed. Poking them gently a couple times can help knock/sweep those bubbles from the surface, allowing it to sink as expected. They soaked for about 28 hours. Neither popped here.

4. I filled a 3" pot for each seed with my usual coco-based soilless mixture and watered them with about half the jar of solution. I then poked a broad shallow hole in each. About 1/2 inch deep and as wide. I dropped each seed into it's own pot/hole. They landed on their sides. Whatever. I sprinkled soil in over them and patted only enough to smooth the surface. I then watered with about 1 tbsp of mixture right over each seed.

5. I put both pots under a clear plastic bowl. The bowl is up on bricks, so it doesn't stop airflow, it just restricts it. I put this on a standard 11"x22" tray and placed that on a board with a Hydro Farm seedling heat mat between. The bricks kept the bottom of the tray flat on the mat. It otherwise would have made poor contact and the heat would have been mostly lost. All of this was placed on the corner of my veg table, about 4" below the ends of two standard 2-bulb floro shop lights.

6. I checked the surface twice a day and spritzed with distilled water if the surface was dry. Every couple days, I put down about 1 oz of spring water instead. When they come up, they get watered with spring water as needed and they will get the remains of the quart of seaweed solution once they have exposed true leaves. In a week or so, they will likely start a 'small veg' regimen like a fresh clone would, as long as they are growing well. They should take off if the Afghani Hindu Kush is any indicator.
:morenutes:

That's it. It was simple, and I'm 2 for 2 on this method :high-five:, whereas I was a cumulative 1 for 8 with all previous attempts. So it does seem like a better plan for me.

Here is the Super Lemon Haze (SLH) yesterday. The Tangerine Dream (TDR) was not above the surface yet.:

20110803Aber-01.png

Here is both today. TDR on the left and SLH on the right:

20110804Aber-01.png

I have read your entire journal and all I can really say is wow...
I had to say congrats on your babies popping! sounds like you really have it down now. I am the opposite. I can germ any seed, but clones have been a little tough.
How goes the new room?
stay green and please keep posting!

Thanks - it's been a learning process.

As far as the new bloom, I'm hoping to do some plumbing this weekend, but it looks like my normal trimmers are probably going to be unavailable, so I will have to trim the two Matanuskans myself. I haven't done that in a while and I was never fast, so we will see how that goes. There is a reason I hire trimmers - I suck at trimming. ;)

AHK (Afghani Hindu Kush) was drooping a bit. It's perking back up now. Still no sign of roots from the two cuttings I took from it. I want to put it into the bloom and get it sexed. Although it already looks to have seed pods and pistils, which should not happen unless it's an auto-flower and I didn't think it was one. And yes, I am quite familiar with seed pods and pistils. I'm going to have to watch this one closely.

[action report]

MTP (67/65 days) : 2.00 gal ea
MTP.1B (67/65 days)

-Mix (4) gallons.
-Per gallon:
1 oz Clearex
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.11 @ 22.5 C

GDP.1F (44/55 days) : 0.50 gal ea
GDP.1K (44/55 days)
L.4F (11/55 days)
BBX.2J (11/55 days)

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.21 @ 21.9 C
1 t blackstrap molasses

==> Bloom - Feed (6)

GDP.1K

-Mix (2) gallons - TAPER
-Per gallon:
1 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
1 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1/2 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 1090 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.16 @ 21.8 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

2. L.4F : 0.75 gal ea
BBX.2J

-Mix (2) gallon - EARLY
-Per gallon:
1 T Biggest Bloom
1 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
1 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1190 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.25 @ 22.1 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

==> Large Veg (9):

TRN.1D

NL
GKA

-Mix (4) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 910 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.30 @ 21.9 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Medium veg (12):

MTP.2G, MTP.2H
TRN.2B, TRN.2C
GDP.2N, GDP.2P
BBX.3E, BBX.3F
L.5J, L.5L

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
2 t Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 780 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.20 @ 21.8 C
1/2 t Companion

[/action report]

Wow...what a awesome thread. Looks like your setup is very tidy and clean. I like that. I also like that you are showing your feeding system. That helps us newwer growers figure out our own grows. Very helpful to the forum members. Your plants look really healthy and very frosted ! !. I am looking at your ingredients in your feeding system. Can you post a brand along with the general name sometime so I can look some of it up? Is your soil base listed someplace in this huge thread?

Just interested in your methods as you obviously are growing some dank ass meds. Good job.

Cona

I cannot freaking wait for this SLH grow!!!

wooohooo!!

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched too. :D

Wow...what a awesome thread. Looks like your setup is very tidy and clean. I like that. I also like that you are showing your feeding system. That helps us newwer growers figure out our own grows. Very helpful to the forum members. Your plants look really healthy and very frosted ! !. I am looking at your ingredients in your feeding system. Can you post a brand along with the general name sometime so I can look some of it up? Is your soil base listed someplace in this huge thread?

Just interested in your methods as you obviously are growing some dank ass meds. Good job.

Cona

Thanks, Cona. I try to share enough that someone could replicate it. That said, the nutes are pretty local to me atm. I get them at Oregon's Constant Gardener (my local grow shop of repute), and they are the house nutes. They don't have a website, but they do have a facebook page. I can't link you from here due to the rules, but if you Google "oregon constant gardener nwwrf" the first result is a festival page that has info about some of the nutes I use. It's the only details on the nute line I can find online. Note that I am not promoting the festival or even this line of nutes.

In fact, what I promote, if anything, is a system of growing. I believe that it can be replicated anywhere. We just need to identify the content of my nutes and find a (hopefully) local equivalent. I don't believe that there is only one set of nutes that will work. However, mine consists mostly of items associated with Harvest Moon Organics and/or Oregon's Only Organics Co if that helps your search.

The soil is a mix of local ingredients as well:

1/2 bag soil mix
2 bags coco
1/2 bag Alaskan Magic
1/2 bag worm castings
2 ft^3 perlite (that's 1/2 of a large 4-cubic-foot bag)
1 lb ground oyster shells
1/2 bag One-Shot (slow release pelletized organic fertilizer)
50 oz granular bone meal

You can probably put that together with whatever your local grow shop has. This is what everything gets. No special mixes. Just the above. Even the new SLH and TDR seeds were planted directly into that after their soak. You might want less perlite, but I like it this way. It drains very nicely.

Moving on, I was looking at AHK (Afghani Hindu Kush, from seed) and it seemed to be blooming. She's in 24/7 light, so she must have freaked and auto-flowered. I think these pictures do a good job of demonstrating both this unwanted behavior, and I believe, also demonstrating the sex of this plant. Am I wrong? She's popping out like this at nearly every node. Be sure to zoom in.

20110806Aber-01.png

20110806Aber-02.png

20110806Aber-03.png

Here are TDR (Tangerine Dream) and SLH (Super Lemon Haze) today at 2 and 6 days respectively. These are feminized and will hopefully not pull any such shenanigans.

20110806Aber-04.png

Hey thanks for the info. I found the website. I do subcools supersoil and am just looking to tweek it some. I am especially intrested in the organic liquid steamed bone meal for use in my teas.

Have a great Sunday

Cona

[action report]

MTP (69/65 days) : 2.00 gal ea
MTP.1B (69/65 days)

-Mix (4) gallons.
-Per gallon:
1 oz Clearex
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.21 @ 19.8 C

==> All remaining - Weekly Beneficials (28):

GDP.1F (46/55 days) : 1.50 gal
GDP.1K (46/55 days) : 1.50 gal
L.4F (13/55 days) : 1.25 gal
BBX.2J (13/55 days) : 1.25 gal

TRN.1D

NL
GKA

MTP.2G, MTP.2H
TRN.2B, TRN.2C
GDP.2N, GDP.2P
BBX.3E, BBX.3F
L.5J, L.5L

SLH : feed to saturation
TDR

-Mix (11) gallons
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.22 @ 20.4 C
-Per gallon:
1/2 T Myco powder
1 t Gnatrol (Bt-i - Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis)
1/2 t Companion (Bacillus subtilis)
1 t Hygrozyme

[/action report]

That ahk is 100% female no questions asked!!

It is very common for a plant at ~30 days to sex itself. I notice right around the time my veg plants start to have alternating nodes, it begins to sex. I assumed you topped the ahk early?

Congrats on the female!

wow I have never seen one do it quite like that. something def spooked her lol.
do you top all of your veg plants? if so how many times?
Hope you had a great weekend.

I do top all mine to. Twice then tie them down some. It helps light get to the center of the plants. When they are done stretching and the bud has developed I then stake them tilted out so the light gets in to the lower nodes.:roorrip:

When a plant sexes itself....does it show pistols? Is this what you meen by showing sex durring the veg period? When a plant shows pre-flowers this does not meen it is female right?

Cona

When a plant sexes itself....does it show pistols? Is this what you meen by showing sex durring the veg period? When a plant shows pre-flowers this does not meen it is female right?

Cona

If there are pistols yes it is female, I suppose it could hermie but that is a another thing. pollen sacks is a male plain and simple

That ahk is 100% female no questions asked!!

It is very common for a plant at ~30 days to sex itself. I notice right around the time my veg plants start to have alternating nodes, it begins to sex. I assumed you topped the ahk early?

Congrats on the female!

I did top it early. It does a Y about 2" off the soil. Thanks. Now to see if it's a good pheno.

wow I have never seen one do it quite like that. something def spooked her lol.
do you top all of your veg plants? if so how many times?
Hope you had a great weekend.

I do top most of them, and at random times and places mostly. :) I usually feel good with 5-10 decent tops. Some plants just produce popcorn when I do that, so I minimize topping. Others respond well and get more. There's no system to it at all really. Often they are just clone donors unexpectedly. Or they just get too tall and I chop 1/3 of the plant away.

Only while in veg tho. I try to only remove dead material and I also clean up the skirts, so to speak. I clear out about 8-12" above the pot rim to make feeding easier and keep the bottom stuff from drooping into the water. A lot of the adventitious branches go as well, but early, when they are but twigs.

I do top all mine to. Twice then tie them down some. It helps light get to the center of the plants. When they are done stretching and the bud has developed I then stake them tilted out so the light gets in to the lower nodes.:roorrip:

Cona

I stake mine in a stadium configuration too. More buds. Woot!

As for sexing, males and females are not positively distinguishable until they begin to bloom. They both have the same pre-flowers, I believe. Only when they go into 12/12 do they normally differ. The females grow calyxes with two extended pistils each. The males grow a different kind of flower that ultimately has star shaped clusters with pods full of pollen at the end of each spoke. If these pods open unexpectedly you are in trouble.

Usually you have to put them into 12/12 to see if they are male or female. This Afghani Hindu Kush appears to have done it under 24/7 light, which means she freaked out. Her infancy was pretty messed up. I'm going to throw her into bloom in a smallish pot soon to see what she does. Like a tester.

---

Yesterday I harvested MTP.1B (Matanuskan). Today I harvested MTP which was the mother a while back. The two may have topped a lb between them. We shall see. It looks good. I'll get pics.

Since I then had a pair of vacancies in bloom I moved BD.5S (Blue Dream) and TRN.1D (Trinity) into bloom. They should both go about 70 days. BD is a great producer and makes lovely bud, so a big BD going into bloom like that is a great thing. This will be my first bloom of Trinity, so she's on probation.

[action report]
==> Bloom - Pre-feed flush (6)

GDP.1F (44/55 days) : 0.50 gal ea
GDP.1K (44/55 days)
L.4F (11/55 days)
BBX.2J (11/55 days)
BD.5S (00/70 days)
TRN.1D (00/70 days)

-Mix (3) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.26 @ 22.0 C
1 t blackstrap molasses

==> Bloom - Feed (6)

GDP.1K

-Mix (2) gallons - TAPER
-Per gallon:
1 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
1 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1/2 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 1130 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.12 @ 22.1 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

2. L.4F : 1.00 gal ea
BBX.2J

-Mix (2) gallon - MID
-Per gallon:
2 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1250 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.19 @ 21.9 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

3. BD.5S : 0.75 gal ea
TRN.1D

-Mix (2) gallon - EARLY
-Per gallon:
1 T Biggest Bloom
1 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
1 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1220 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.19 @ 21.6 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

==> Large Veg (7):

NL
GKA

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 910 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.26 @ 21.0 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Medium veg (12):

MTP.2G, MTP.2H
TRN.2B, TRN.2C
GDP.2N, GDP.2P
BBX.3E, BBX.3F
L.5J, L.5L

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
2 t Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 750 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.23 @ 21.5 C
1/2 t Companion

[/action report]

Only while in veg tho. I try to only remove dead material and I also clean up the skirts, so to speak. I clear out about 8-12" above the pot rim to make feeding easier and keep the bottom stuff from drooping into the water. A lot of the adventitious branches go as well, but early, when they are but twigs.

I stake mine in a stadium configuration too. More buds. Woot!

Usually you have to put them into 12/12 to see if they are male or female. This Afghani Hindu Kush appears to have done it under 24/7 light, which means she freaked out. Her infancy was pretty messed up. I'm going to throw her into bloom in a smallish pot soon to see what she does. Like a tester.

---

Yesterday I harvested MTP.1B (Matanuskan). Today I harvested MTP which was the mother a while back. The two may have topped a lb between them. We shall see. It looks good. I'll get pics.

Since I then had a pair of vacancies in bloom I moved BD.5S (Blue Dream) and TRN.1D (Trinity) into bloom. They should both go about 70 days. BD is a great producer and makes lovely bud, so a big BD going into bloom like that is a great thing. This will be my first bloom of Trinity, so she's on probation.

Good luck with the trimming :) I know how you usually take em to your trimmers.
May your harvest be bountiful :goodluck:
I am hoping to have to stake mine as well this time, I didn't last time because of not vegin long enough.
How long do you normally veg and what is the avg height of them when they go into flr? thanks as always and can't wait to see some pics!

I lucked out - my trimmers now come to me. Much easier. So I got out of trimming. They're finishing up the Mattys right now. It's looking very good.

I normally veg for about 2 months, plus rooting time. They are usually between 2 and 3 feet tall when they go into veg.

I'll get more pics soon - I promise.

:) thats even better!

I vegged longer this time as well. I ran 16 plants last round and this time I went 8 in much bigger pots. I don't have the lighting you do (so jealous) but I get some great results with my 2 600s and a 16 cfl light bank I built.

ok I will be waiting to see.

The two Grandaddy Purps in bloom started flush today. I'm going to see if the trimmers can come mid-next-week. They should be ready and some.

Mostly for the benefit of GKA (Grape Kool-Ade), the Large Veg group gets some TM-7 for the rare minerals and micro-nutrients. I know this stuff is a national brand, so look for it if you like this: I had noticed I would get odd coloring or striping of the leaves and it would always end up diagnosing to micro-nutrient or mineral deficiencies.

I started using it regularly in my bloom as you may have noticed. I never see any of those deficiencies any more. My plants hardly ever have any nute issues any more. I don't give it to veg because the soil has some of the same elements from other sources, but sometimes one gets wonky in veg anyway and I just give whatever veg group it's in a shot of TM-7 and it perks right up.

Or like in this case, where GKA came from a friend, in that friend's soil. It's got odd coloring, so it gets TM-7. You may not have nute issues, but if you have the annoying minor deficiencies a lot, try this. It might help.

The two seedlings SLH (Super Lemon Haze) and TDR (Tangerine Dream) have 3 and 2 pairs of real leaves respectively, so they get fed tonight. They are in the junior-small veg, getting the normal small veg I give brand new clones, but with half the CalMag. Just going easy. It's actually only 66% of what PBP suggests on that veg nute for seedlings too.

I decided to put the seedlings into official veg with official names (SLH and TDR) because I noticed some of their leaves were exhibiting pH twist, where they kinda twist and/or zig-zag because the were getting un-pHed spring water and it was probably too far off the mark. They are ready anyway I think.

[action report]

GDP.1F (50/55 days) : 2.00 gal ea
GDP.1K (50/55 days)

-Mix (4) gallons.
-Per gallon:
1 oz Clearex
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.22 @ 20.2 C

L.4F (17/55 days) : 0.50 gal ea
BBX.2J (17/55 days)
BD.5S (02/70 days)
TRN.1D (02/70 days)

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.23 @ 20.8 C
1 t blackstrap molasses

==> Bloom - Feed (4)

1. L.4F : 1.00 gal ea
BBX.2J

-Mix (2) gallon - MID
-Per gallon:
2 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1330 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.13 @ 20.7 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

2. BD.5S : 0.75 gal ea
TRN.1D

-Mix (2) gallon - EARLY
-Per gallon:
1 T Biggest Bloom
1 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
1 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1200 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.20 @ 20.5 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

==> Large Veg (7):

NL
GKA

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1000 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.27 @ 20.7 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Medium veg (12):

MTP.2G, MTP.2H
TRN.2B, TRN.2C
GDP.2N, GDP.2P
BBX.3E, BBX.3F
L.5J, L.5L

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
2 t Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 770 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.29 @ 19.9 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Small veg (2):

SLH : feed to saturation
TDR

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
1 t Pure Blend Pro Grow
1/2 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 520 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.12 @ 20.2 C
1/2 t Companion

[/action report]

The two Grandaddy Purps in bloom started flush today. I'm going to see if the trimmers can come mid-next-week. They should be ready and some.

Or like in this case, where GKA came from a friend, in that friend's soil. It's got odd coloring, so it gets TM-7. You may not have nute issues, but if you have the annoying minor deficiencies a lot, try this. It might help.

I decided to put the seedlings into official veg with official names (SLH and TDR) because I noticed some of their leaves were exhibiting pH twist, where they kinda twist and/or zig-zag because the were getting un-pHed spring water and it was probably too far off the mark. They are ready anyway I think.

Trimming the first few times is a trip. ya know the fruits of your labor kind of thing, but I can see how it would get old real fast. :)

Thanks for the tip, I just might pick some up. I haven't had any real defs as I have been using a supersoil type receipe and almost a tea type feeding every other watering.

I certainly know what those ph twists look like. the first time I built my soil I forgot the lime and it has peat in it so the ph was real low. I had to amend the soil with lime which took care of the issue almost immediately.
I have some great big girls of my own now that are on day 13 of flower.
You should swing by journal if you get the chance.
Have a great weekend and can't wait for the pic updates!

Back
Top Bottom