Afghani And Pure Kush

I needed it water temps were hitting 27°c constantly 😳 making me nervous.
Its 19°c now much better
I love my Aerogarden for early vegging, it cuts two to three weeks off versus vegging in soil. I just can't justify going full hydro in a 2x4 tent,. Plus I already produce a decent surplus (when everything's going smoothly).

I love my Aerogarden for early vegging, it cuts two to three weeks off versus vegging in soil. I just can't justify going full hydro in a 2x4 tent,. Plus I already produce a decent surplus (when everything's going smoothly).
Yea I have the mars hydroline, kinda similar i think. I use it to look after my clones from the bubbler until I need them .
Hydro setups are easy enough to make this is the maiden run for this Bell Syphon set-up I'm running, its been pretty smooth run so far and I can go away for 3 days with no issues.

Yea I have the mars hydroline, kinda similar i think. I use it to look after my clones from the bubbler until I need them .
Hydro setups are easy enough to make this is the maiden run for this Bell Syphon set-up I'm running, its been pretty smooth run so far and I can go away for 3 days with no issues.
Wow, that is pretty cool. They no longer make the size of Aerogarden that I have. What they have now is either too small, or way too big. And ungodly expensive. I might just have to grab one of those Mars units!

Wow, that is pretty cool. They no longer make the size of Aerogarden that I have. What they have now is either too small, or way too big. And ungodly expensive. I might just have to grab one of those Mars units!
Full disclosure if you've seen pics of mine i printed the puck holders and lids it doesn't come with those.
I mentioned to mars that they should add them they seemed keen on the idea .
Its a pretty good little unit.
I was pleasantly surprised got it with discount for $97 🇦🇺

I'd say the girls are getting bent but the Afghani's as yet remain unidentified. They have only water since being potted; I'll start them on Advanced Nutrients 3 part next watering. They will veg at least two more weeks.

I spent an hour and a half trimming and training tonight. Everyone got between 1 and 1.4 litres of AN 3 part at 1000 ppm and 6.3 ph. I've been dropping the lights gradually the last few days and I dropped them to 13 tonight hoping to provoke the males into showing themselves. I have one last Pure Kush fem in the Aerogarden that finally started to grow, I'll pot her and put her in the tent as soon as I can ID and pull the males.

Flipped to 12/12 last week so it's time to drop some beans for the next grow. One Blueberry fem and four regular Harlot (Harlequin X Gelato). I also have two clones of Pure Kush. I took those cuttings end of January, and I didn't think they were going to catch, as the branches were pretty big, however they finally did after 3 weeks and the roots are starting to take off now. I'll be starting a new journal once those pop.

Some of my favourite strains start with an Afghani base.
I'm collecting some Afghani pollen this run and I'm going to save some to cross with my Harlot hybrids next grow. I know it won't be a stable cross at all, but all the phenos of Harlot I've have grown so far were really potent, so I'm going to do clones of every plant (two runs from now), and hope for something really good.

Full disclosure if you've seen pics of mine i printed the puck holders and lids it doesn't come with those.
I mentioned to mars that they should add them they seemed keen on the idea .
Its a pretty good little unit.
I was pleasantly surprised got it with discount for $97 🇦🇺
Did you use a 420 magazine discount? I was just looking at those, unfortunately they are out of stock. It's on my near future wish list.

Did you use a 420 magazine discount? I was just looking at those, unfortunately they are out of stock. It's on my near future wish list.
I don't think so it was Halloween sale i think at the time so I got it for about $96 Australian.

Well, I wish I had tossed that Pure Kush with all the problems. Got everyone out to do my last watering before harvest next weekend, decided I'd harvest that PK tonight. Cut it and tossed it on a sheet of parchment paper and to my dismay half a dozen or so thrips fell off. I've said it before: I hate thrips.

So, I quickly pitched that outside and gave each of the other 4 plants a good shaking over the parchment paper. Just a few thrips fell off of one plant only. No evident leaf damage that I can see. I'm hoping I got lucky and caught them in the nick. I drenched the soil with spinosad and also the stems below the canopy, and put some stickies in each pot.

Damn things seem to come out of nowhere.

If they fell out when you shook the plants, that must mean you had adults. And, if you had adults, you've also got the immature ones that look like a tiny grain of rice.

I get thrips and mites and control them with regular misting of an organic soapy solution. So, yeah, I feel your pain. I hate those little bastards too!

Finished harvesting tonight. Pretty disappointing weight, it will be about 4 oz dry. I kind of got off track because I didn't plan for how long the Colombian Gold was going to take in the previous grow. Then I was in a rush to get some Indica back on the shelf and rushed the flip. Should have waited another two weeks. Oh well. Better not make the same mistake on the next one. :rolleyes:

The good news is there was no sign of thrips at least

Back
Top Bottom