African Sun And Indoor Gardening: Pushing My Own Boundaries

Morning. Yeh the WW gave me a number of things to think about. None if which I could remember in the next five minutes after that train of thought. My wife and I had a good laugh.;):thumb:

My White Widow sometimes makes me forget what I was saying in the middle of the sentence.. 5 minutes.. man, plenty of time.. lol

Awesome build there. You actually made me thinking about a custom build for myself, I checked and I can add 5 inches width and depth wise, and about 10 inches in height. That would make a difference :)

My White Widow sometimes makes me forget what I was saying in the middle of the sentence.. 5 minutes.. man, plenty of time.. lol

Awesome build there. You actually made me thinking about a custom build for myself, I checked and I can add 5 inches width and depth wise, and about 10 inches in height. That would make a difference :)

Thanks Katins. I hoped that showing the build may be of help to somebody. This is just a veg cupboard so on a flowering cupboard I would definitely add on the dimensions. Also the lights would need to be upgraded.
Damn Strain, your gals flowers look so good. That nice frost building up on your younger ones and your massive blueberry cola are amazing. You are gonna be smoking lekker bud from these gals.

Thanks FoNz. Our nights are getting colder now and daylight hours are around 13 hours. Cold at night being around 13 14 Ç.
My wife is far more impatient than I am so it's a matter of keeping her from eating the buds off the cola's.
( just kidding ) ;)

The first seeds are soaking getting ready for germination. Cupboard is ready and running
New seeds soaking.jpg

Gertie in her new home
Gertie will have a new home on Friday.jpg

And a Buddha cheese sample in drying
Buddha cheese bud drying.jpg

The cupboard growing is on the way

Morning all. Wet and rainy day here this morning. I have put the new seeds in the wet towel waiting to see some roots. Will see in a couple of days.
The two strains are: Cali Orange F1 and Stitch Kush auto.
4 seeds of each

And a bonsai update for @FoNz .
Bonsai update.jpg

Some small trims needed and the top cola will be bent back over in the opposite direction to the main stem.
It had a rough week with bending and no nutes but bounced back so it's on it's way. One small issue is it is a man plant. I will use him for the experience but can never flower and when there is a suitable female available I will get rid of him and plant her.

Thanks Katins. I know that can be a problem. Not so much for me here on the tomato farm. When the power goes, which has been often, a generator kicks in and turns off when power is restored. Plus it is a low budget DIY cupboard. Usually it means a bit more manual input to keep it running ok. Budget spent so far R1100.00 or around $80.
I definitely would put better goodies in if all materials were new and I was aiming high end stealth for re-sale.
My veg fridge has been running on a timer like this one for about 6 months now without to many hiccups.
Converted small fridge with light and timer.jpg

I am reasonably happy overall on the budget so far. Also have provision if I decide to put in more lights and a other or better fan.
Thanks for the interest and following this budget build.

:peace:
Finally the grow cupboard is finished an in place. My wife has decided sge wants to paint the outside so she is busy but it is done.
Gertie will have a new home on Friday. She tested it and said it's lekker.
Gertie will have a new home on Friday.jpg
Light on plastic on floor.jpg
Veg grow cupboard in place.jpg

Project done. Time to veg some Cannabis clones and seeds.
:snowboating::green_heart:

Loving your work mr.Strain that cupboard is awsome really well done on the job......
Apologies for being missing, just been a crazy busy week with another harvest and family visiting, you should of seen the look on my aunts face when she saw my plants I brought in under the stoep from all the rain....... Didn't quite know what to say, she was quite bewildered to say the least.....haha

My brother sampled some of Stitched Up auto harvest yesterday and says it's really nice so I'll be trying some later on in trim jail, will let you know how she smokes.....

Have a great Sunday brother......

Thanks @Smeegol . Im off to do another band gig. So most likely catch up tomorrow morning sometime. Stitch and Cali seeds have cracked open with roots showing so I will plant them in the morning.
:theband:

Rad what kind of band and what instrument do you jam?

A rock band. I front. Do lead vocal. Basically just have fun.
Lost some fingers in 1992 so only use guitar for writing songs now.
All good. At this stage it's just good to be able to have a blast.
:snowboating:

Lost some fingers in 1992 so only use guitar for writing songs now.

You're the second musician I know this happened to. Rocky lost the middle finger on his left hand at the first knuckle, and joined the Navy. He was amazing, even missing that finger. I went through Basic Training with him. The last I heard from him he was at the highest enlisted rank.

A couple of updates and pics taken of the flowers in the greenhouse.
The first Buddha cheese
First Buddha cheese.jpg
Top First Buddha.jpg

Blueberry number four
Four blueberry frosting.jpg

Blueberry four top bud.jpg

Blueberry number two
Blueberry kush two flower.jpg

Blueberry number one
One top bud.jpg

One flowers new.jpg

And the new Buddha cheese
Top cola new Buddha cheese.jpg

New Buddha cheese.jpg

All flowering in the greenhouse.

The new batch of seeds have been planted in the grow fridge. Just waiting for heads to pop above soil
A plain lawn dressing in the cups.
Seeds were soaked about 15 hours in rainwater then put in paper towel in a dark warm cupboard. Two days later roots are showing and into the cups with labels.
Stitch kush auto and Cali orange F1, thanks to @Smeegol
New seeds soaking.jpg

Germinated in paper towel
Seeds germinating.jpg

Into the cups
Seeds being planted.jpg

And waiting for them to show
Seeds planted.jpg

The new veg cupboard is waiting and Gertie is getting lonely.

The new batch of seeds have been planted in the grow fridge. Just waiting for heads to pop above soil
A plain lawn dressing in the cups.
Seeds were soaked about 15 hours in rainwater then put in paper towel in a dark warm cupboard. Two days later roots are showing and into the cups with labels.
Stitch kush auto and Cali orange F1, thanks to @Smeegol
New seeds soaking.jpg

Germinated in paper towel
Seeds germinating.jpg

Into the cups
Seeds being planted.jpg

And waiting for them to show
Seeds planted.jpg

The new veg cupboard is waiting and Gertie is getting lonely.

Awsome to new beginnings mr.Strain, that Buddha is starting to look like she means serious business.
I keep on thinking of cheese and blueberries as those two on a biscuit is heavenly.....

Awsome to new beginnings mr.Strain, that Buddha is starting to look like she means serious business.
I keep on thinking of cheese and blueberries as those two on a biscuit is heavenly.....

Ja. Seems like a nice combo. Will give it a try in a couple of months I guess.

You're the second musician I know this happened to. Rocky lost the middle finger on his left hand at the first knuckle, and joined the Navy. He was amazing, even missing that finger. I went through Basic Training with him. The last I heard from him he was at the highest enlisted rank.

I decided a long time ago loosing fingers would not stop me from doing anything I could possibly achieve. So most of the time I don't notice and carry on doing cupboards etc.
Except that no one invites me to finger suppers any more. ???????

Time for an update on the seedlings. Babies have all hatched.
So I have tranfered 6 to the new veg cupboard
Moving to new grow cupboard.jpg

Little geen things in the middle are actually the plants believe it or not. Phone camera not top of the range by any means
Stitch and Cali heads out.jpg

I kept two back for another day. Guess which ones.
Two staying behind for a day guess.jpg

But three stitch kush auto's and three Cali orange are in there new home with Gertie
Gertie has friends.jpg

And the bonsai
New grow bonsai stitch and cali.jpg

So the journey begins once again
Gertie is almost ready to sort of quadline. I'm not doing a strict quad
Trying something new. If it doesn't work I will have an interesting clone off the top. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom