AK1 Grows Indicas with JD Lightings

Hey Dude I was watching TV the other day and seen the state is going to be looking for alot of new employes to work in the new Marijuana flields. Everything from growers to marketing, even quaility control, don't that sound like a bummer of a job. But imagine how creative some resumes could be, things like I've been subscribided to High Times since the 70's. LOL, and my Dad use to say those mags were a waste of time. Send out a smoke report in aminute of your last flip. Keepem Green

Made a update post last night but somehow it didnt get posted.

Changed tje res last night. The plants hardly ate any nutes at all at a 50% strength mix so last night I lowered it to a 25% mix this time and see if they eat a bit more but seems at the moment all they are interested in is water. Next week I will give them PHd water till the end. They are getting close my friends I still think I will get between 5 to 6 pounds dry when its all said and done.

Hey AK

I forgot to come back and say thanks for recommending DM Zone. I started using that, and H2O2 again, instead of the bennie tea and the roots look great. I put in the H2O2 and Zone, let it run for 2 days, then I added Hygrozyme. I put in a little more H2O2 last night and will be flushing res probably tomorrow. New res will get the DM Zone and H2O2 again then hygrozyme again 2 days later. I dunno if you read my thread, but my problem wasn't actually as widespread as I thought. The ones that were bad look much better now though!

Anyway, thanks again :thanks:

So your plants have stopped nutrient uptake on their own? huh I never had a TDS/PPM meter before this grow, so maybe they were doing it and I didn't know. Certainly lends more credibility to the idea of a straight water flush huh?

Made a update post last night but somehow it didnt get posted.

Changed tje res last night. The plants hardly ate any nutes at all at a 50% strength mix so last night I lowered it to a 25% mix this time and see if they eat a bit more but seems at the moment all they are interested in is water. Next week I will give them PHd water till the end. They are getting close my friends I still think I will get between 5 to 6 pounds dry when its all said and done.
I'm happy with OZs...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice goal Ak! So went to the hydro shop and he informed me they no longer can produce hydroton because of some mine shutting down or something. So he had "PlantIt" clay pebbles as a substitute. Are you or anyone familiar with these? Also how much does it take to fill 12 of the net pots? I got 3 45 liter bags to start will that be enough?

Hiker,
I do not use H202 in veg for only the first 3 weeks along with hygrozyme and orca. After that I stop using the H202 and replace it with the DM Zone along with the hygrozyme and orca. I stop using the hygrozyme and orca after I flip to flower.
I wouldn't wait 2 days to add the hygrozyme as the H202 won't effect it but I would wait 24 hours to add the orca.

I'm glad the DM Zone helped you. Sure has made me stop worrying about root rot or algae.

Hey Doc,

That stuff is pretty close to the same thing so I wouldn't worry about it. I ended up buying out what my hydro shop had and have it stored but with cleaning and reusing my hydroton i may never go through it.

I would say you may need a little more but don't take my word for it. I am use to pounds and not liters. I used 150 pounds of the stuff if memory serves me.

Yeah I'm hoping I get that many.pounds. i think of done right and with the right plants I can get 10 pounds out of that room.

Yeah I'm used to pounds too but it doesn't say on the bag! If I had to guess I'd say they weigh around 50 pounds a bag. I could be getting weak though haven't worked out in a while! :)

I hope to pull at least 4 pounds outta this system my first try. I would be ecstatic if that goal came true though! I think I can do it though I've gotten close with my old system but that was with 8 more plants.

Nice goal Ak! So went to the hydro shop and he informed me they no longer can produce hydroton because of some mine shutting down or something. So he had "PlantIt" clay pebbles as a substitute. Are you or anyone familiar with these? Also how much does it take to fill 12 of the net pots? I got 3 45 liter bags to start will that be enough?

Same out here DocDee. The clay pebbles are kind of broken and crappy. Has to be washed much more to be clean. Don't like em, but that's what we have now. :helpsmilie::thedoubletake::smokin:

Hey AK

I forgot to come back and say thanks for recommending DM Zone. I started using that, and H2O2 again, instead of the bennie tea and the roots look great. I put in the H2O2 and Zone, let it run for 2 days, then I added Hygrozyme. I put in a little more H2O2 last night and will be flushing res probably tomorrow. New res will get the DM Zone and H2O2 again then hygrozyme again 2 days later. I dunno if you read my thread, but my problem wasn't actually as widespread as I thought. The ones that were bad look much better now though!

Anyway, thanks again :thanks:

So your plants have stopped nutrient uptake on their own? huh I never had a TDS/PPM meter before this grow, so maybe they were doing it and I didn't know. Certainly lends more credibility to the idea of a straight water flush huh?

Sorry to quote myself, but I was hoping you could respond to the question at the end of this post.

Hiker,
I do not use H202 in veg for only the first 3 weeks along with hygrozyme and orca. After that I stop using the H202 and replace it with the DM Zone along with the hygrozyme and orca. I stop using the hygrozyme and orca after I flip to flower.
I wouldn't wait 2 days to add the hygrozyme as the H202 won't effect it but I would wait 24 hours to add the orca.

I'm glad the DM Zone helped you. Sure has made me stop worrying about root rot or algae.

You don't think the H2O2 hurts the Hygrozyme or Orca? The Orca sounds pretty much the same as the tea I was using, and I know I couldn't use H2O2 with the tea, and I thought it would react with the Hygrozyme. I also thought the DM Zone would try to 'clean' the Hygrozyme's enzymes.

My shop has a couple replacements. I'm using Hydrocorn. Seems to be exactly the same as Hydroton. I noticed the last time I visited my shop they had a couple more kinds of rock now. If it looks and feels like Hydroton, it will probably perform the same. It's just baked clay, right?

How big are the net pots in the Titan system? I Use the CAP Ebb&Gro, and the 45-50L bags will almost fill 6 buckets. I think the Titan netpots are a little bigger though, so you may need more. Based on CAPs recommendation of 1 bag for 6 buckets, I bought 4 bags for my 24 buckets. I ended up having to buy another bag and used most of it. Buy extra. You will lose some each harvest, so you'll use it up eventually.

Hey ak you fill up the res all the way? And how do you go about filling an emptying if I may ask? Thinking about running a hose from my sink which is about ten feet away. But then I would need another pump to drain or could I use the one it has already?

I have not thoroughly inspected the res yet as I'm not ready to set that part up quite yet, is there a line where 55 gal is or is it pretty much fill it all the up is 55 g?

Back
Top Bottom