Alaskan1 Indica Grow Tent #2

The kids are doing well. I suppose after they have been flipped they are young teens lol
The UBT ontop of the UBT has taken well and I have flowers everywhere. After testing I have found there is no need to wait to flip the plants AFTER you have performed the UBT. They are all doing well and producing lots of flowers.

IMG_069415.JPG

IMG_069210.JPG

Went into the grow room tonight and system 2 flooded again. I still don't know why. I'm going to take the controller out tomorrow and take it back to where I bought the system and get it replaced. I think the top float is failing causing the flooding. Got to clean up a water mess again just as it was ALMOST dried out from the last time it flooded and I had to clean the mess.

Hey A1-

I narrowly averted a flood the other day, thank god I tested - I almost skipped due to over confidence and being tired. The black hose in my controller bucket was somehow wedging itself against the float valve, keeping it from shutting off. I caught it with the water level about a 1/2" below the lip. Whew. Check that out when you get a moment - maybe same thing happening to you... I was able to reposition the bend in the hose in such a way that I don't think it will happen again, but it scared me! Hope it's that simple for you. :goodluck:

Hey A1-

I narrowly averted a flood the other day, thank god I tested - I almost skipped due to over confidence and being tired. The black hose in my controller bucket was somehow wedging itself against the float valve, keeping it from shutting off. I caught it with the water level about a 1/2" below the lip. Whew. Check that out when you get a moment - maybe same thing happening to you... I was able to reposition the bend in the hose in such a way that I don't think it will happen again, but it scared me! Hope it's that simple for you. :goodluck:

I wish that were the problem, But alas it's not. I got on the horn with the guys from Titan and of course everything was fine after running all the tests they wanted me to run. Go into the room tonight and of course there were issues. Both lights on the controller were blinking and the system was stuck in the "flood" mode.
I'll call them tomorrow and have them send me a new controller since the system has a 3 year warranty.
We are on a first name basis now lol They did though inform me that they have a fix for the pump coming loose inside the controller.......ya ready for this??
Double sided velcro............lol

It's not a siphoning issue than either I take it? Hole in the fitting in the reservoir? Hmm.. Velcro? Well, it'll probably work! I assume you've unplugged and replugged the main power source?

It's not a siphoning issue than either I take it? Hole in the fitting in the reservoir? Hmm.. Velcro? Well, it'll probably work! I assume you've unplugged and replugged the main power source?

Yep, I've done all that. Yesterday Titan went ahead and gave autho for me get a new controller and send me non functioning one back to them YAY. Wish it would have gotten here today instead of Monday. I worry about running the thing and flooding again.

Well, I can't leave the damn controller unplugged all the time because the plants need to be fed. Of course being sick I wasn't it too great a frame a mind day before yesterday and left the controller plugged in all night. Went to check on them yesterday morning and of course it had flooded again. When I'm there works fine. I leave and the thing floods.........must be a female controller lol
So now the plants are getting fed twice every 24 hrs until the new controller arrives.

Hardware failures just get my goat... I can do everything just right, and have a grow chugging along nicely, and **BLAMO** timer failure, or power outage... fuuuuuuuuuunk.......

Yeah, I'm not too happy as I've had 60 gallons flood so far. Doesn't make the Mrs. too happy. New controller srrived late this afternoon. Getting ready to go install it here in a few.

Sorry to hear about your flooding troubles bro, that sucks for sure. If you get tired of that system or want a better system let me know as I have some ideas/alternatives for you possibly. I have worked with Corey from BPN in the past as well, and his stuff rocks for sure!

Hope things get turned around for you! Sending some positive karma your way that should help...:)

Cheers!

Sorry to hear about your flooding troubles bro, that sucks for sure. If you get tired of that system or want a better system let me know as I have some ideas/alternatives for you possibly. I have worked with Corey from BPN in the past as well, and his stuff rocks for sure!

Hope things get turned around for you! Sending some positive karma your way that should help...:)

Cheers!

Thanks for the good vibes!
I installed my new controller and so far seems to be working fine now. I'll know for sure if I have no issues for a week the controller was the issue. I'm pretty sure one of the magnetic floats for the flood was not working correctly and it would not shut off. i'll know here pretty soon.

i'm always up for ideas and improvements if they make sense. So sure, fire away...........Have to be honest, I'm pretty happy with my flo N Gro though.

And thanks so much for lookin in!!

Hey AK1 I need some advice I wil be getting my 5x5 tent tommorrow and im having some issues the problem is I have 2 inline fans a 6inch and a 4inch but if I put the 6 inch inline pulling through the carbon filter and through the a/c hood it doesnt pull enoufgh air through my pasive intake but if I put the 4 inch pushing air in the intake it overpowers the 6inch creating positive air pressure so I was thinking if the carbon filter slows the 6inch down so much could I pit the 4 inch after it so it would be boosting the 6incher to go atleast as fast as the 4 is going and make my intake 6 inches instead of 4 so it would be filter--hood--6inch--4inch,-out of tent and during might id have the 6 cut off and the 4 run 24/7 or would the 4 imcher pulling through the shut off 6 ruin it?and the reson I cant run light exhaust apart from tent exhaust is ive got a window but can only pull in air and not put it out in winter a big could of smpke coming drom my window might raise some eyebrows so im left with only this any suggestions? ps sorry for thread jacking but any ideas would relly help from anyone but new controller workin right? love these grows yove got so many grows its hard to keep up :peace:

you were writing as I was typing on my phone keypad this thing sucks the reason I cant upload :insert sad face here: glad you got it taken care of :thumb:
edit: oh yeah the filter is 4 inch the hood is 6 so id go 4inch to 6 to 6 to 4 out of tent and 6 on passive intake

Should be filter, fan, hood and then out. And My question is.........if you don't have the tent yet how do you know it's not pulling in passive air?? This set up is more then capable of pulling in passive air in my 4x8 which is more square footage then your 5x5.
I run my fans 24/7 on my setups due to the fact I need stealth and need to keep my air scrubbed.
You need to run that exhaust out of the room somehow if you can't run it out the window. I own my home so cutting a hole in the wall is no issue. If I were renting I would probably go buy a used door somewhere and hang it and cut a hole in that. Then when I was getting ready to move I would install the old door with no hole in it.

Back
Top Bottom