Alaskan1 Sativa Dom Flo n Gro Tent #2

here we go, half down and half to go

IMG_064911.JPG

IMG_06508.JPG

Took your advice and ended up having to leave the lights on an extra hour and a half because I was so baked and moving at a snails pace. Only got half the tent done, will have to get the other half completed tomorrow. I'll get some pictures up soon.

ROFL! Oh my got that hit me as one of the funniest things I've read in a while!!

LOL!, I'm still giggling at it.

Nice work though, I'm sure you'll get the rest done at lights on.

High defoliation... Smoke 2 joints, and grab the scissors.

Took your advice and ended up having to leave the lights on an extra hour and a half because I was so baked and moving at a snails pace. Only got half the tent done, will have to get the other half completed tomorrow. I'll get some pictures up soon.

That shit had me gigglin n smilin. I wouldnt advise getting baked before doing a major strip. :cheer:

Got a few tester buds drying :)

I have MAJOR leaning issues in tent 2 because of the weight of the colas. I think with this tent I'm installing a screen at day 21 of flower. I'm hoping this will help keep the colas from leaning into each other. It will make it much harder to defoliate but I have to do something as I think all the leaning colas will effect my harvest amount.
Just not sure how to go about it

For a screen:

PVC tubing
4 PVC Bent "T" Slip/slip/thread
4 PVC Slip/thread coupling
Cup Hooks
Plant Grid netting from your hydro store.
IMG_20120507_103301.jpg
021712072406.jpg
021712072452.jpg
021712072439.jpg
021712072313.jpg

:peace:

wow been awhile since I've posted. The girls are really looking great except for one itty bitty thing....they fookin ended up with spider mites. I am pretty sure I know how they got into the house this time!
We are on day 50 of a 63 to 70 ay flower. i went and got some 217C and that killed the spider mites like RIGHT NOW. I have cut many a leaf looking for signs of life and I see none except for the plants. Everything under the scope looks dead and not moving. i will hit them again in 2 days just for good measure. After all the research I did i have found that the 217 leaves no after taste and many people have posted they have used it up until the last few days before harvest with no ill effects. jandre was kind enough to send me a formula to kill mites if I get any closer to harvest and I still have an issue.
I have hit the mother room, tent 1 and tent 3 with AzaMax twice already and no signs of life. i saw the mites put in a pretty good stronghold on my mother plants but so far so good and I will hit them all again in a week just for safe measure. i also hit all the flooring in every room with AzaMax and then after it all dried I hit it again with Home Defense.

This tent has been drinking on average 3 gallons of water per day and very little in the way of nutes. PH to my amazement stays pretty much unchanged from day to day.
Plants are looking very good and frosty

Ah, damn. I hate that those bugs don't leave you alone. I'm sure hoping you can wipe 'em out for good. SNS is great, because they are so non-toxic and safe to use even close to harvest. :goodluck:

Hope things are going well for you. I'll bet you are one busy dude these days with the other job and all, too. Sorry if I haven't been around as much, but I've been having a hard time getting online lately. Hope that your wife is feeling better, too.

:circle-of-love:

Hey Dude. Sorry to hear ya got mites. Damn buggers can find a marijuana plants any damn where. That's what I'm worried about with Scrog's. Mites or PM. I have a 4'X4' screen. You can't really move that around. Hopefully that spray helps. I tried afew different miticides. The best is just keep up a regular spraying program till they are gone. I found I spray mine the day I put her in flower. Then 7 days later to kill the eggs that survided. Most all miticides don't kill eggs. So be prepared for the hatch. Sprays clai they kill eggs, but I haven't found any that kill 100% of eggs. I bought some stuff called PM Wash they also have a Miticide. You can use these up to day of harvest also. Here's the product; NPK Industries
So close. But hope that clears up your problem GL and Keepem Green

The SNS has kept the mites at bay but hasn't killed all of them. Been spraying every other day but everytime I look I find one or two alive. Just don't have the money to keep buying the SNS at 88 bucks a quart and not have it work 100%.
I threw the plants into flush mode tonight. I'm using florakleen for 3 days then the rest of the time on pure water. Saturday we start trimming and drying. With the weather we have been having they will be dry in 3 days no doubt. I will get some pictures taken before the chop chop begins.
Sorry I haven't been around but............life ya know. Gets in the way

Sorry to hear the battle still rages. Do you have a hot shot no-pest strip in your tent/grow space? They are supposed to be pretty lethal to bugs and shouldn't effect your plants any. Just read up on them first to know what you are getting into (I don't think you are supposed to keep them in a space where you spend more than a few hours a day). I keep one in my grow space, and I believe it keeps a lot of things at bay or away. Lately I haven't found any living bugs near my grow, but a couple of dead ones "near" my grow room. I just read that they can be a pretty effective way to chase away or kill spider mites, but I haven't had mites (knock on wood) so I'm not certain. Just a thought...

Good luck with the harvest - I miss seeing you around, but I know what you mean about life. Only so many hours in a day! X

Ak1

what brand tent? pros cons? what sort of safety back up do you have if a hose pops and you have 20+ gal of water leakage? better to have precut holes? Any advice would be appreciated

I am thinking of getting one for my 600w light. I think that points to a 4x4 or 4x6 right?

Back
Top Bottom