Alaskan1's Flo n Gro Mixed Bag Grow

Alaskan1 -

I just now remembered I had this!

Corey from Blue Planet Nutrients put this together for me. He also had me test this recipe for him, and it seemed to work very fine as an alternative to the Dutch Master "Zone" product during the time that I used it.

Since you mentioned it, I thought I would send you the info. I'm not sure if this is exactly the same as the Dutch Master product. In the world of nutrients and additives, they often don't list many, even most, of the ingredients due to weird outdated government regulations. But, I've used this recipe and it seemed to work equally well during the time I used it (I'm out now and am back to using some Dutch Master product that I had stored in my cabinet).

Let me know if you decide to give it a shot, and I'll dig up my usage/dosage rates.

X

Thanks X

I'll keep this info on the back burner. DM Zone is spendy. Good thing is it doesn't take much

Tomorrow I'll be starting a new journal for my 4th grow............in this tent system. I will of course have to completely disinfect the entire system due to the root rot...................any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated !!!!
Will grow all indica
Peanut Butter Kush
Lemon Kush
GDP
Purple Kush
seeeeeee, I'm thinning how many go in a grow as I find what grows well

Tomorrow I'll be starting a new journal for my 4th grow............in this tent system. I will of course have to completely disinfect the entire system due to the root rot...................any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated !!!!
Will grow all indica
Peanut Butter Kush
Lemon Kush
GDP
Purple Kush
seeeeeee, I'm thinning how many go in a grow as I find what grows well

Simple....Bleach the place.....kills almost any thing.:high-five:

I agree with OMM here. Sterilize every surface, soft and hard. Make it 'O.R.' clean. Then let it dry for a few days. When refilling start using the ZONE to keep it sterile. Beneficial microbes have their place. That place is NOT in RDWC/Ebb&Flow (a.k.a. Flo & Gro) with the HUGE danger of root rot looming just a few degrees of heat away... and you can never avoid it.

get one of them garden pump spray thingies where you pump the handle up and down and then you have a trigger on the spray part, you may all ready have 1, their cheap to get, fill that with a diluted bleach solution and spray it everywhere, it will get to places a cloth or sponge cant get to,

I dunno, maybe because I run a chiller I have no issues with root rot and beneficial microbes?

that reminds me, ive never checked the temp of my res in my aerogarden i aint got nothing to check the temp either, not a good start is it, time to go chemist and buy a thermometer and order a digital one off the auction site, but my roots look good and the plant looks healthy so im hoping its about right

I agree with OMM here. Sterilize every surface, soft and hard. Make it 'O.R.' clean. Then let it dry for a few days. When refilling start using the ZONE to keep it sterile. Beneficial microbes have their place. That place is NOT in RDWC/Ebb&Flow (a.k.a. Flo & Gro) with the HUGE danger of root rot looming just a few degrees of heat away... and you can never avoid it.

Bleach it is then!! Thanks OMM and Jandre.
I think I will have a 3 prong attack on cleaning. I'll use bleach on everything and then let it dry. Then I will wipe the flo n gro system using vinegar. After that I'll fill the system with a high dose of DM Zone and let it sit for a few hours. Drain the system and then transplant the clones

get one of them garden pump spray thingies where you pump the handle up and down and then you have a trigger on the spray part, you may all ready have 1, their cheap to get, fill that with a diluted bleach solution and spray it everywhere, it will get to places a cloth or sponge cant get to,

Thanks donpaul!! I have a spray bottle I think I'll just use that

that reminds me, ive never checked the temp of my res in my aerogarden i aint got nothing to check the temp either, not a good start is it, time to go chemist and buy a thermometer and order a digital one off the auction site, but my roots look good and the plant looks healthy so im hoping its about right

Do you really want to take the chance though?? that is the question.

Bleach it is then!! Thanks OMM and Jandre.
I think I will have a 3 prong attack on cleaning. I'll use bleach on everything and then let it dry. Then I will wipe the flo n gro system using vinegar. After that I'll fill the system with a high dose of DM Zone and let it sit for a few hours. Drain the system and then transplant the clones

Fill it and let it cycle for 24-48 hours with just water and a dose of ZONE. Then empty again, and refill with nutes and ZONE. I do something like this in my Flower Box with my little sanitizer I use. I just fill the res with the sanitizer, and set the timer as if it had plants in it, then let it run for 24-48 hours before putting the next run in. Then I empty the res, pour water in the top and let it run through and into the res, as though flushing, empty it, and refill with cold clean water, and hit 'run' on the timer to make the pump run full while I mix nutes in a separate res (I kinda play switchums with three reservoirs and two E&F systems). Then I let it drain, and switch the res's out for nutes, and hit 'Auto" on the timer.

to be honest mate, i wasnt expecting the plant to live, now dont laugh or take the piss but im using an aerogarden ok, now thats now the bit your gone laugh and take the piss about, but i had no net pots plus the holes are small that holds the plant, so i went to my fish tank cupboard and pulled out a filter, i chopped it to the size of the hole in the top of the aerogarden, then i cut a load out of it so it had a gap in it which i filled with compost, only holds a tiny amount, so i stuck a seedling in it and switched it on, then i forgot about it for a week cuz it was in the spare room, and i was amazed when i looked and the thing was alive and growing and looking healthy and thats where im at now, its a healthy plant, the problem i had was the pump seemed to pump the water from the res to the grow medium to fast and i was getting algae growing up the stem, so i turned the pump off and fitted 2 air pumps and stones in the res, and thats how its been for over a day, the algae has gone and just brushed off the stem, and the plant looks a lot better, i just posted some pics of it, but now im only using the air stones and it seems to like it a lot better, got more growth and the plant looks a better shade of green.

my problem now is the plant has survived my frankenstein set up and i gota start looking after it, so its been having bpn goodness but i got to find something else as im using my bpn quicker than i want as its not easy to replace but now i know what i need after some advice and stuff i can buy in my country, but the weather is getting hotter, i checked the roots and they are a brilliant white colour and loads of them, so i gota start looking after it now, so i need a temp gauge and possibly some sort of ppm and ph tester, so im going to have a look what i can get, but for now the plant is healthy and growing quicker than a plant of the same age thats in a pot.

so now you can laugh and take the piss, but be kind i never expected it to live, but it is and it looks good

Fill it and let it cycle for 24-48 hours with just water and a dose of ZONE. Then empty again, and refill with nutes and ZONE. I do something like this in my Flower Box with my little sanitizer I use. I just fill the res with the sanitizer, and set the timer as if it had plants in it, then let it run for 24-48 hours before putting the next run in. Then I empty the res, pour water in the top and let it run through and into the res, as though flushing, empty it, and refill with cold clean water, and hit 'run' on the timer to make the pump run full while I mix nutes in a separate res (I kinda play switchums with three reservoirs and two E&F systems). Then I let it drain, and switch the res's out for nutes, and hit 'Auto" on the timer.

So it was said and it shall be done !! :thumb:

Thanks Jandre, For THAT you shall recieve reps my friend!!!

ALRIGHT !!!! Harvested the Urban Poison toninight. 2 plants..........can you guess the weight???

IMG_046311.JPG

IMG_046418.JPG

IMG_046617.JPG

Guessing 4.5-5oz dry? Hard to say, perspective is so hard in online pics

Back
Top Bottom