AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

Very nice!:thumb:

thanks for the tip with the lense, i have got an old jewelers loop somewhere, i wonder if that will work the same, or even my microscope i use for checking the trichs, ill try these on both my fone and camera and see what happens, its got to be worth a try, failing that i can try the scope off my rifle,

Hey donpaul!

I just watched a youtube vid of a 12yr old who DIY'd a macro lens by putting a magnifying glass up to the phone! Worked great! I'll bet you could probably get a snap of a fungus gnat's Vjay-jay with your rifle scope!! :slide::laughtwo:

Hey Mr.GreenFingers, I wanna see some macro shots with lights off (you can see the glow of the crystals better) is that possible? :)

:bravo::bravo::bravo: NICE WORK GREENFINGAZ!!!!
Them buds is lookin mighty fine indeed:) Well after looking at the pics, ive got Cindy in mind.. The way the cola's are setup and tops, will somewhat closely resemble Cindy once she's into full flower mode! So taking your advice on removing some fan leaves, that are covering up-to 3 shoots' tops from growing vertically, i think isnt such a bad idea!!
Im normally hesitant to trim these large fan leaves, for obvious reasons, but when it comes to - allowing buds to possibly grow to their max. potential, or sacrificing a leaf, im going for the buds for sure! Now im aware that removing large fan leaves can reduce the plants ability to also produce to its max. in a way, but if there is ample large fan leaves on the plant as a whole, and only select ones taken for bud shoots preference, Shouldnt the plant be able to cope more effectively than say, totally stripping ALL large fan leaves as some do when lolly popping?? I m not planning on taking all her large fans, Cindy as a whole, has loads of them still intact on the outer edges of her branches, so each branch has around 60% of its large fans still, just not in her centre and some spots. But the first 3 levels of large fans below the cola's arent touched.. When it gets another pair, i may remove one if needed, and so on..
Im able to keep my 600w fairly close now that ive changed a few things,ventilation wise, so now the ambient temperature is usually 23-26*C.. RH between 30%-60% over the day.. So im hoping that this will also help some shoots lower down get some growth, and possibly build some nice PHAT COLA's!!!
I think if Cindy stops at a bit over 5ft in total height and builds bud, by harvest time, shell be lookin similar to yours, so i really have to act now i think so as to give her the best chance to build bud, as i dont want to have to trim everyday,1 here, 1 there.. So ill clear the space for the shoots being blocked by large fans, and hopefully let her rest for a bit without me having to trim more bloody leaves!!
Even some of the shoots from the branches areover 3ft and have large fan leaves comin off them too!!
Note to self: SHE NEEDED MORE ROOM!! Dont veg a plant til its 3ft and flower it unless you have A BIGGER SPACE THAN ME!! 5ftwx9fthx2.5ftd.... Im running out of room!!
Anyway thank you heaps for your tips G/Fingaz, much appreciated:goodjob: Hope your buds toke up well!!:lot-o-toke:
Have a good one, chat soon. SMOKEM..
Thank you Smokemupm8 :)

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I was looking at Cindy, She is a Very similar structure to my girls except a LOT bigger ha ha yeah I wouldn't go stripping her all at once, she definitely wouldn't like that but as you see bud sites developing you will know when to take certain leaves if they are blocking any of the sites along the lengths of the colas.

I think that the colas in the centre of the canopy should have the most fan leaves removed in comparison to the colas at the outer canopy as the light will be allowed light to pass through the open centre colas and be able to reach the lower parts of the outer colas. So if you want to clear up a lot of leaves at once the centre would probably be the best place to do it from. I'm not sure if that description makes perfect sense but I will try to go into more detail if it doesn't :)
I greatly appreciate all the kind words and encouragement :Namaste:

:peace:

Hey Mr.GreenFingers, I wanna see some macro shots with lights off (you can see the glow of the crystals better) is that possible? :)
Hey sphnx

Do you mean without the hps turned on ? Even with the door open and the light off i think it would be too dark to take a picture :hmmmm:

I think that i might be able to work something out by having a small cfl as the light source just for photographs, i would also be able to remove 1 or 2 small sugar leaves and macro them in normal room lighting :)

i'll see what i can do for the next update so stay tuned :) ha ha

Na it makes sense perfectly mate! I agree with what you said about clearing her centre some.
As the 2 middle branches i have that are quite large are actually scondary branches off a primary, that should - if im correct - be all full of bud,as theyre really 2 bud shoots on steroids!! Or they may just have made another pair of Apical tops made by Cindy, but i hope its the first case..
Man your buds are inspiring me atm, as i really hope that my buds will form like them.. As once i actually start to get some buds, my canopy will hopefully resemble yours.
How much longer are you giving your grow mate?? I love COUCH LOCK/BAKED/WRECKED/RATTLED woteva, AMBER TRICHS FOR ME!!!
Goodluck mate and happy harvesting! Smokemup..

Hey sphnx

Do you mean without the hps turned on ? Even with the door open and the light off i think it would be too dark to take a picture :hmmmm:

I think that i might be able to work something out by having a small cfl as the light source just for photographs, i would also be able to remove 1 or 2 small sugar leaves and macro them in normal room lighting :)

i'll see what i can do for the next update so stay tuned :) ha ha

Your camera have a flash? lol

Na it makes sense perfectly mate! I agree with what you said about clearing her centre some.
As the 2 middle branches i have that are quite large are actually scondary branches off a primary, that should - if im correct - be all full of bud,as theyre really 2 bud shoots on steroids!! Or they may just have made another pair of Apical tops made by Cindy, but i hope its the first case..
Man your buds are inspiring me atm, as i really hope that my buds will form like them.. As once i actually start to get some buds, my canopy will hopefully resemble yours.
How much longer are you giving your grow mate?? I love COUCH LOCK/BAKED/WRECKED/RATTLED woteva, AMBER TRICHS FOR ME!!!
Goodluck mate and happy harvesting! Smokemup..

You really will notice a dramatic increase in the length of the colas once you remove those leaves, I can't wait to see how she develops for you, I'm sure that she is going to have a massive yield :)

Well Serious Seeds states that AK47 takes about 53 -63 days to flower which would mean there are about 4 - 14 days remaining. I really do not think that any of them will be done in 4 days ha ha I really think that it will be more like 2 weeks as they do look like they have some more maturing to do :) ha ha

I'm the same as you looking for a pretty wrecked/baked buzz which the AK47 already provides ha ha so I will probably let them go to about 10% - 15% amber :)

UPDATE:

DAY 50 OF FLOWER
( 3 - 13 DAYS REMAINING )

Hello everybody :)

The girls are looking good and are filling out pretty quickly, Ms. Purple has finally resumed her vigorous growth after the whole PH issue and all of Ms. Sativas tops are throwing out FoxTails all over :)

The smell from the garden is changing day by day it's a very hard smell to put my finger on but will do my very best to describe it as soon as they are harvested ha ha it is getting much stronger but the carbon filter still seems to be doing a good job so far.

The breeders description of AK47 states an average harvest time of between 53-63 days which would mean a minimum of 3 days or a maximum of 13 days, I really think that these girls should easily be able to go for another week of two :)

All the girls were given their last feed of nutrients 2 days ago which consisted of only Phosphorous, Potassium and a little Epsom Salts ( Reminder: AK47 needs lots of micro nutrients )
They are all going to be fed with just plain PH'd at 6.5 water from now until the very end :)

The Trichome development is really phenomenal and they are without a shadow of a doubt far more concentrated and highly developed on the parts that have been consistently receiving UVB light, I am definitely sold on UVB and I will best be able to show you all comparison pictures as soon as harvest time comes around ha ha

Now that the summer is sort of over, the temperatures in the box never rise above 24c ( 75f ) during the day and now gets as low as about 16c ( 61f ) at night and I think that this is causing some Purpling :yummy:

I will finally treat you all to some pictures, enjoy :)

Below: The canopy and Tops.

11664.JPG

21262.JPG

31136.JPG

4786.JPG

5609.JPG

6523.JPG

7462.JPG

8359.JPG

9269.JPG

10245.JPG

11665.JPG

12248.JPG

13183.JPG

14163.JPG

15146.JPG

16143.JPG

17138.JPG

18128.JPG

19122.JPG

2089.JPG

Below: I think I see Purple :yahoo:

DSC_18581.JPG

DSC_1861.JPG

Below: Macro Shots :)

11666.JPG

21263.JPG

31137.JPG

4787.JPG

5626.JPG

6524.JPG

7463.JPG

8360.JPG

9270.JPG

10246.JPG

11667.JPG

12249.JPG

Below: A sugar leaf from Ms. Purple :)

4788.jpg

31138.jpg

Below: 100x Microscope Magnification with some unusual Trichomes, double and tripple headed ? Anybody ever seen anything like this before ?

11667.jpg

21264.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed this nice big update :thumb:

Please feel free to join in and comment :)

Absolutely amazing. Great grow!!!

:goodjob:

Well fellow ak grower, today i've gots conformation that these seed are not reg. how could they be? You ended up with all females, i ended up with 10 females and one male. I thought was a male till today, this plant was a definite male till today the top now has female preflowers. All on 24/0 18/6 light cycles. Without a shadow of doubt these are not reg seeds. I did cross the male with my girls in the greenhouse, i guess now i will have fem seeds..not really happy about that.

Well fellow ak grower, today i've gots conformation that these seed are not reg. how could they be? You ended up with all females, i ended up with 10 females and one male. I thought was a male till today, this plant was a definite male till today the top now has female preflowers. All on 24/0 18/6 light cycles. Without a shadow of doubt these are not reg seeds. I did cross the male with my girls in the greenhouse, i guess now i will have fem seeds..not really happy about that.

That's very strange that we both bought Regular seed packs and both of us get 1 Herm and the rest female, they must have been feminised seeds ? Even stranger is the fact that I bought my seed pack over a year ago when in Amsterdam :scratchinghead:

Would you not try and remove the sections of the plants that you pollinated and be done with the Fem/Herm seeds and just try to pollinate an AK47 girl with a different male ?

At least you would have some seeds that will result in better genetics :)

I'm just going to bump this update so that it has the top of a new thread page.

UPDATE:

DAY 50 OF FLOWER
( 3 - 13 DAYS REMAINING )

Hello everybody :)

The girls are looking good and are filling out pretty quickly, Ms. Purple has finally resumed her vigorous growth after the whole PH issue and all of Ms. Sativas tops are throwing out FoxTails all over :)

The smell from the garden is changing day by day it's a very hard smell to put my finger on but will do my very best to describe it as soon as they are harvested ha ha it is getting much stronger but the carbon filter still seems to be doing a good job so far.

The breeders description of AK47 states an average harvest time of between 53-63 days which would mean a minimum of 3 days or a maximum of 13 days, I really think that these girls should easily be able to go for another week of two :)

All the girls were given their last feed of nutrients 2 days ago which consisted of only Phosphorous, Potassium and a little Epsom Salts ( Reminder: AK47 needs lots of micro nutrients )
They are all going to be fed with just plain PH'd at 6.5 water from now until the very end :)

The Trichome development is really phenomenal and they are without a shadow of a doubt far more concentrated and highly developed on the parts that have been consistently receiving UVB light, I am definitely sold on UVB and I will best be able to show you all comparison pictures as soon as harvest time comes around ha ha

Now that the summer is sort of over, the temperatures in the box never rise above 24c ( 75f ) during the day and now gets as low as about 16c ( 61f ) at night and I think that this is causing some Purpling :yummy:

I will finally treat you all to some pictures, enjoy :)

Below: The canopy and Tops.

11664.JPG

21262.JPG

31136.JPG

4786.JPG

5609.JPG

6523.JPG

7462.JPG

8359.JPG

9269.JPG

10245.JPG

11665.JPG

12248.JPG

13183.JPG

14163.JPG

15146.JPG

16143.JPG

17138.JPG

18128.JPG

19122.JPG

2089.JPG

Below: I think I see Purple :yahoo:

DSC_18581.JPG

DSC_1861.JPG

Below: Macro Shots :)

11666.JPG

21263.JPG

31137.JPG

4787.JPG

5626.JPG

6524.JPG

7463.JPG

8360.JPG

9270.JPG

10246.JPG

11667.JPG

12249.JPG

Below: A sugar leaf from Ms. Purple :)

4788.jpg

31138.jpg

Below: 100x Microscope Magnification with some unusual Trichomes, double and tripple headed ? Anybody ever seen anything like this before ?

11667.jpg

21264.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed this nice big update :thumb:

Please feel free to join in and comment :)

:bravo::bravo: All i have to say is .. AWSUMNESS!! They looking nice n juicy bra, im itchin to see my girls like this!!
GREAT WORK.. Enjoy your nugs in the days to come:):) I dunno how long my period will be, but im hopin its less than 70 days!! She s int day 19 so far.. Later GreenFingaz... NICE!! SMOKEMUP

GF, i emailed serious and mentioned that this is not a one off thing. Hope i hear from them, says it could take a week to get back to me? wtf!?

Hey man.. the girlz are lookin sweet brother!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom