AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

GO Ms. SATIVA!!!! Them lookin awsumness now bra!! Ive flipped Cindy to 12/12 now:) Its her 2nd day, i think this strain has a 45 -55 day flower period? But ill be waiting for 15-20% amber trichs. Hopefully my girls not badly rootbound and will survive til harvest??
She is over a meter tall now, and her shoots seem to love the HPS! Im still having slight penetration of light probs, but ill just change my globe from 6500k cfl in my cage light to about 2500k or 4400k, just for additional lighting below.. Having the 6500k Cfl will be fine for sum supplemental light below or should i go the 2500/4400k instead?? Ive heard of ppl using mostly 2500 k CFL's and 1 or 2 65oo ks..
If ya have any ideas on this you care to chare thats appreciated:) THanks bra.. Smokem..:thumb:
Thanks Smokemupm8 :)

You finally flipped the switch :high-five: I bet you can't wait, 45 - 55 days is a very short flowering period so you should be rolling around in buds very soon ha ha

If you are having light problems would you not just remove all or most of the fan leaves ? I have been slowly picking leaves off day by day trying to increase light penetration and the development afterwards is phenomenal, it is like the buds that are shaded refuse to swell properly unless there is some direct light shining on them :) Before I started doing this most of the bud development was only at the very tops but as soon as the length of the branch was exposed to light all of the buds began to spread down engulfing the entire branch, I do not think that It would have been possible for this development to happen if the fan leaves were still shading branches, then everything was cut from underneath the canopy because it was a waste of time as it was getting no light and would not have produced anything. I really think you should open that canopy as she is a very big girl and should appreciate it :)

I think the 6500k should be perfect as it is creating somewhat of a mixed spectrum with your other lighting and Cindy should love it, you could go with the 2500k but if it was me I would prefer the blue if even to broaden the spectrum for her :)

This is how I feel anyway :) ha ha

Talk to you soon

:peace:

very nice mate, could do with decent camera so i can take quality pics like those
Hey donpaul :)

It is actually only my phones camera ( so pretty standard ha ha ) but it is the macro lens that clips over the lens of the phone, I think they are made for iphones but it should work on almost any as my phone is not an iphone ha ha you will be able to find it really cheap on e bay.

For anyone who would like one you could just search ebay for ( Macro Phone Lens ) and you should see it straight away.

Here are 2 pictures just so you know what I mean and you can see how tiny it is :)

11651.JPG

21250.JPG

:thumb:

I have to thank everybody for all the +Rep throughout this grow, It really is greatly appreciated :)

I have finally reached 2 reputation points thanks to everybody who has joined in, I must be doing something right :) ha ha

I am happy you are all enjoying the progress, I could not have gotten this far without you.

:Namaste:

thanks for the tip with the lense, i have got an old jewelers loop somewhere, i wonder if that will work the same, or even my microscope i use for checking the trichs, ill try these on both my fone and camera and see what happens, its got to be worth a try, failing that i can try the scope off my rifle,

I would consider LED lights for heat reduction.I know several people that love them.For a small area like yours ,they have small ones for between 1 and 2 hundred dollars. Larger ones cost quite a bit ,but you only need a small one.

Thanks hightimes4evr I really appreciate it, and the girls do too :)

If you just flick back to page 15 you see I posted a video about UVB, it is definitely worth a watch and if you go to page 16 you can see that I discussed it in great detail, it should explain everything for you, well better than I can in this post :) ha ha

Thanx man! I have learned a lot by reading your journal!

Keep up the good work :allgood:

UPDATE:

DAY 40 OF FLOWER
( 13 - 23 DAYS REMAINING )

Hi everybody, apologies for the short break in updates, I will make sure this one is full of pictures to compensate :)

The girls are doing really well and fattening up nicely, a small number of pistils have started to turn brown letting us know that we are starting to get pretty close to harvest :)

Average temperature is about 26c ( 79f ) during the day and about 17c ( 63f ) at night and Humidity is at about 50%

The nutrient dose at the moment is:

Fish-Mix ( 1ml/L )
Bio-Bloom ( 4ml/L )
Bio-Heaven ( 3ml/L )
SUPERBOOST ( 2ml/L )
Cal-Mag ( 1ml/L )
Blackstrap Molasses ( 1 teaspoon/L )

And they seem to be loving it ha ha they are drinking the soil dry about every 3-4 days so I thing I will give them about 3 more big feeds and then it will be just pure PH'd water up until harvest :)

The UVB bulbs duration was upped to 10 Hours per day with no signs of stress, the bulb was moved around daily but then was placed above a few of Ms. Purples colas in the same position for 5 days straight and there is most definitely a difference in comparison to the sides that did not get any direct contact with the light, the exposed sides are much frostier with the trichomes packed closer together, it was too difficult to get a good photo so I will leave the UVB in a new position right until the end of harvest to see if I can get some good comparison pictures :)

There also a beautiful aroma when the doors are opened but it is nothing that the carbon filter cant sort out ha ha

That's all that I can think of for now so I will let the pictures fill you in on the rest :)

Below: Some canopy shots.

11656.JPG

21256.JPG

31130.JPG

4780.JPG

5603.JPG

6508.JPG

7455.JPG

8354.JPG

9266.JPG

10243.JPG

11657.JPG

12247.JPG

Below: Cola Shots :)

11658.JPG

21257.JPG

31131.JPG

4781.JPG

5604.JPG

6509.JPG

7456.JPG

8355.JPG

Below: Macro Shots :)

11659.JPG

21258.JPG

31132.JPG

4782.JPG

5605.JPG

6518.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed this one :thumb:

:bravo::bravo::bravo: NICE WORK GREENFINGAZ!!!!
Them buds is lookin mighty fine indeed:) Well after looking at the pics, ive got Cindy in mind.. The way the cola's are setup and tops, will somewhat closely resemble Cindy once she's into full flower mode! So taking your advice on removing some fan leaves, that are covering up-to 3 shoots' tops from growing vertically, i think isnt such a bad idea!!
Im normally hesitant to trim these large fan leaves, for obvious reasons, but when it comes to - allowing buds to possibly grow to their max. potential, or sacrificing a leaf, im going for the buds for sure! Now im aware that removing large fan leaves can reduce the plants ability to also produce to its max. in a way, but if there is ample large fan leaves on the plant as a whole, and only select ones taken for bud shoots preference, Shouldnt the plant be able to cope more effectively than say, totally stripping ALL large fan leaves as some do when lolly popping?? I m not planning on taking all her large fans, Cindy as a whole, has loads of them still intact on the outer edges of her branches, so each branch has around 60% of its large fans still, just not in her centre and some spots. But the first 3 levels of large fans below the cola's arent touched.. When it gets another pair, i may remove one if needed, and so on..
Im able to keep my 600w fairly close now that ive changed a few things,ventilation wise, so now the ambient temperature is usually 23-26*C.. RH between 30%-60% over the day.. So im hoping that this will also help some shoots lower down get some growth, and possibly build some nice PHAT COLA's!!!
I think if Cindy stops at a bit over 5ft in total height and builds bud, by harvest time, shell be lookin similar to yours, so i really have to act now i think so as to give her the best chance to build bud, as i dont want to have to trim everyday,1 here, 1 there.. So ill clear the space for the shoots being blocked by large fans, and hopefully let her rest for a bit without me having to trim more bloody leaves!!
Even some of the shoots from the branches areover 3ft and have large fan leaves comin off them too!!
Note to self: SHE NEEDED MORE ROOM!! Dont veg a plant til its 3ft and flower it unless you have A BIGGER SPACE THAN ME!! 5ftwx9fthx2.5ftd.... Im running out of room!!
Anyway thank you heaps for your tips G/Fingaz, much appreciated:goodjob: Hope your buds toke up well!!:lot-o-toke:
Have a good one, chat soon. SMOKEM..

All I can say is damn beautiful!

-TG

Back
Top Bottom