AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

Hey JuicySoil I'm happy to see that you are enjoying this grow :)

The brand I bought was ''BOTANICARE CAL MAG PLUS'' as It was the cheapest for my needs including delivery but I wanted to buy '' MagiCal by Technaflora'' ( which would have cost over $45 with delivery, which is way too much ) it contains iron because when ever there are calcium and magnesium problems an iron problem is usually amongst them which is shown on the plant by yellowing tops :)

I hope this helped answer your question :)

:peace:

Beautiful buds GF, not long to go now until your first harvest, and what a harvest!
:party:

Thanks ajagunle I know it's only three weeks away at the very least :) They grow up so fast ha ha

Did you get the Reptalite yet?
I got the bulb yesterday :yahoo:

I'll post some pictures in the next update :)

So what are your thoughts on CO2? I've seen a few threads where people are pushing CO2 into their grow area? What are the pros/cons?
I can see nothing but positive benefits from Co2, I will quote why :)

Elevating carbon dioxide levels can increase growth speed a great deal, perhaps even double it. It seems that the plant evolved in primordial times when natural CO2 levels were many times what they are today. The plant uses CO2 for photosynthesis to create sugars it uses to build plant tissues. Elevating the CO2 level will increase the plants ability to manufacture these sugars and plant growth rate is enhanced considerably.
I hope this helped answer your question :)

Thanks for stopping by :)

UPDATE:

DAY 32 OF FLOWER
( 21 - 31 DAYS REMAINING )

Everything is looking nice and healthy :) Well Ms. Sativa is anyway ha ha Ms. Purple dramatically slowed her growth through the whole Calcium lockout fiasco and is only really beginning to resume growth now. In comparison Ms. Sativas colas are about twice the size or mass of Ms. Purples the poor girl :(

It is really easy to see the pretty dramatic difference between the two of them, you can see from the pictures, Ms. Purple is to the left and Ms Sativa is to the right.

I was looking as Ms. Sativas colas and thought that they were almost the exact same as the cola for AK47 that is advertised or pictured on seed packs. Out of all the seeds that were planted Ms. Sativa was the only one that seemed to be a dramatically different phenotype than the rest and she also had the most vigorous growth than all the others, she was No.9 of 9 to sprout and she quickly outgrew all of her siblings.

I think Ms. Sativa is the specific Phenotype that is intended to be AK47 by Serious Seeds :) I find it strange that she was the rarest pheno within the group though :hmmmm:

The UVB bulb has been bought and installed :yahoo: It is attached to a clip on lamp holder so it can be easily moved around the box on a day to day basis. At the moment it is set to come on for 30 min in the morning, 1hour in the middle of the day and another 30 min in the evening :)

Well enough of me talking ha ha its picture time :)

11648.JPG

21247.JPG

31124.JPG

4774.JPG

5596.JPG

6503.JPG

7451.JPG

:thumb:

Thanks hightimes4evr I really appreciate it, and the girls do too :)

If you just flick back to page 15 you see I posted a video about UVB, it is definitely worth a watch and if you go to page 16 you can see that I discussed it in great detail, it should explain everything for you, well better than I can in this post :) ha ha

It is attached to a clip on lamp holder so it can be easily moved around the box on a day to day basis. At the moment it is set to come on for 30 min in the morning, 1hour in the middle of the day and another 30 min in the evening :)

Going for 2 hours split, as it is low output and there is no warning about over exposure of your pet Lizards, I was wandering if longer would be OK, or will you increase once your girls have a base tan?

Fantastic looking buds GF, might be repeating myself

Going for 2 hours split, as it is low output and there is no warning about over exposure of your pet Lizards, I was wandering if longer would be OK, or will you increase once your girls have a base tan?

Fantastic looking buds GF, might be repeating myself
The thing is that it is for desert reptiles so it is for lizards with an extremely high UVB tolerance and they need it for calcium synthesis, a lot of it ha ha so I am assuming that it would be powerful enough to even sunburn a human or even damage a plant with long enough exposure but I'm gong to start bumping up the exposure every day just to see what sort of level she can tolerate :)

I am sure it will take a few harvests to get a feel for what sort of effect it produces under different exposures or intensities etc. but its all a learning experience :)

Nicely done!

How is the odor control working out.?
Hey J9BLACK so far the carbon filter is working perfectly, there isn't even the slightest odour :)

The girls are only beginning to smell at the moment and with AK47 supposedly being the most pungent strain you can possibly grow we will be really putting that carbon filter to the test ha ha
Thanks for stopping by :thumb:

UPDATE:

DAY 33 OF FLOWER
( 20-30 DAYS REMAINING )

Just a quick photo update as I got a mini Macro lens for like $3 on ebay that magnetically sticks over the cameras lens and it takes incredible Trichome shots that I thought you all could appreciate :)

Enjoy :)

Below: Some bud shots of Ms. Sativa and Ms. Purple :)

11649.JPG

21248.JPG

31125.JPG

4775.JPG

5597.JPG

6504.JPG

Below: Macro Shots :)

11650.jpg

21249.jpg

31126.jpg

4776.jpg

5598.jpg

6505.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed this one :thumb:

UPDATE:

DAY 33 OF FLOWER
( 20-30 DAYS REMAINING )

Just a quick photo update as I got a mini Macro lens for like $3 on ebay that magnetically sticks over the cameras lens and it takes incredible Trichome shots that I thought you all could appreciate :)

Enjoy :)

Hope you all enjoyed this one :thumb:

THAT IS AWESOME!! Gott get me one!

Very nice! Crystaliscious!

GO Ms. SATIVA!!!! Them lookin awsumness now bra!! Ive flipped Cindy to 12/12 now:) Its her 2nd day, i think this strain has a 45 -55 day flower period? But ill be waiting for 15-20% amber trichs. Hopefully my girls not badly rootbound and will survive til harvest??
She is over a meter tall now, and her shoots seem to love the HPS! Im still having slight penetration of light probs, but ill just change my globe from 6500k cfl in my cage light to about 2500k or 4400k, just for additional lighting below.. Having the 6500k Cfl will be fine for sum supplemental light below or should i go the 2500/4400k instead?? Ive heard of ppl using mostly 2500 k CFL's and 1 or 2 65oo ks..
If ya have any ideas on this you care to chare thats appreciated:) THanks bra.. Smokem..:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom