AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

GF, i emailed serious and mentioned that this is not a one off thing. Hope i hear from them, says it could take a week to get back to me? wtf!?

Hey man.. the girlz are lookin sweet brother!:high-five:
Thanks Greenhouse250 :)

Make sure to let me know if you hear back from them as I think they have a very good Reimbursement policy if anybody has any problems, so it could be possible to get a new free pack from them :)

:peace:

Thanks Greenhouse250 :)

Make sure to let me know if you hear back from them as I think they have a very good Reimbursement policy if anybody has any problems, so it could be possible to get a new free pack from them :)

GF, to my surprise this morning there was an email sent at 7am. I can post the email if you want or pm you it. I really hope they make this right! Maybe the fact that i mentioned i was apart of 420mag, gave them a little kick in the right direction. The email was kinda generic so couldn't get a vibe as to if i'm really going to see some REG seeds! Will keep you posted...

Here..It.. is! They wanted me to send some pics.

DSC0018711.JPG

GF, to my surprise this morning there was an email sent at 7am. I can post the email if you want or pm you it. I really hope they make this right! Maybe the fact that i mentioned i was apart of 420mag, gave them a little kick in the right direction. The email was kinda generic so couldn't get a vibe as to if i'm really going to see some REG seeds! Will keep you posted...
Surprising that they got back to you so quickly :)

You can post it here if you want or PM me, whichever you think is best.

Greaat Journal just got done with it ha ha...i wish i could have seen how it would've turned if you continued with the cfl's, but i love the results your getting from those 250 watts, keep on rolling brother!

Greaat Journal just got done with it ha ha...i wish i could have seen how it would've turned if you continued with the cfl's, but i love the results your getting from those 250 watts, keep on rolling brother!
Thanks KingJaffyJoe :)

It would have been interesting but I dont think they could even compare to the effectiveness of the HPS ha ha
Delighted to have you along for the ride :thumb:

The forum is about sharing info so i'm going to post it. If its a no go someone will be by to give it the ol heave hoe:

Thanks for contacting us.

We from Serious Seeds strive to make all our customers seriously happy and therefore we guarantee the germination of our seeds.

First of all I want to say, that it is correct that our regular seeds come in packs of 11 seeds. They never came in pack of tens, they ALWAYS come in packs of 11 seeds (and the feminized always come in packs of six seeds).

Secondly, we have to make sure that it is our original genetics, because we have had the case of copy-cats, selling inferior seeds as our genetics in similar packaging (they even copied our packaging, thast why we changed it last year).
Such a company is Ontario Seedbank...we have blacklisted them on our homepage after they admitted selling thier own seeds as ours...

What follows is a standard email, which is sent to people who experience
problems with our seeds. Please answer the questions below as good as you can, I have already filled in the info you provided, but we need more info.

You also state that you had a hermaphroditic plant. This is virtually impossible out of our genetics. Simon has stressed all our strains in any way conceiveable in order to be sure no hermaphroditic traits are left.

Please make pictures of the hernie and send them to me.

We are sorry for the problems you had with Serious Seeds, despite the effort
we put into making the best seeds possible.

We want our customers to be happy with Serious Seeds. That is why we
constantly make fresh seeds and select only the best and most healthy seeds
to sell.

If the germination is done right everybody will have good results 99% of
the time. We advise the paper towel method as this has the best changes of
germination. Straight in soil has a far lesser change for several reasons,
and putting the seeds in a glass of water (first) is also less succesful.

If no seed at all has germinated, then the seeds may have dried out while
germinating. This kills the seeds instantly, and there should always be a
plastic sheet over the plate with the wet towel to prevent that.

There may be other reasons for not germinating, but the mean thing is that
we (unlike other seedcompanies) guarantee the quality of our seeds, because
we know how good they are.

So, we do send new seeds to people with problems, but we need to check if
you really bought our seeds, and also like to know what possibly went wrong.

Please read and answer the questions below as well as you can.

Can you tell me:
1) What is the name of strain you bought, and the name of the shop were you
bought the seeds?
AK-47 regular, ?
2) About when did you buy them, the date more or less?
?
3) What is the serial number on the package?
?
4) How many seeds were in the package?
5) How many seeds did you try, and how many germinated?
11, 11
6) Which germination method did you use?
?
7) If your problem was not about germination, please tell us in short what
your problem was?
All plants were female but one was a hermaphrodite
8) Send us an address where we can send new seeds to, if you qualify for a
replacement.
?

Your last photos are spectacular, So is the subject matter by the way. Do you think the odd looking trichs are just bursting with UV protection? It’s a nice thought and I’m sticking to it!

When are you thinking of introducing it to the girls next season? Is it a rights-of-passage thing for young girls to become young ladies?
:hookah:

Thanks KingJaffyJoe :)

It would have been interesting but I dont think they could even compare to the effectiveness of the HPS ha ha
Delighted to have you along for the ride :thumb:

Without a doubt that Hps is something else, i wanna get something like what you have started 1 or 2 plants Lst'd, i'm looking at 200 watt cfl bulb similar to the ones you have,do ya one will do or at least 2 minimum ?

Your last photos are spectacular, So is the subject matter by the way. Do you think the odd looking trichs are just bursting with UV protection? It's a nice thought and I'm sticking to it!

When are you thinking of introducing it to the girls next season? Is it a rights-of-passage thing for young girls to become young ladies?
:hookah:
Thanks ajagunle :)

I really do think that the UVB is directly causing the Multiple headed Trichomes because the 100 X Magnified picture was taken from a sugar leaf of Ms. Purple that has been getting direct UVB light. I have not found any abnormal trichomes on either Ms. Sativa or Ms. Tropical as the UVB bulb is directly over Ms. Purple and she also happens to be the most resinous by far :)

I am thinking of fitting a 2ft - 2.5ft UVB fluorescent tube which would stretch across the entire width of the canopy for the next round, ( a complete even spread of UVB ) :) along with the 250w HPS and 2 X 125w CFLs so that should be interesting ha ha

I think I will probably introduce the UVB in Veg at some stage next time round just so that the girls grow up knowing that UVB is part of their light spectrum :) Have you any thoughts on this yourself ?

Without a doubt that Hps is something else, i wanna get something like what you have started 1 or 2 plants Lst'd, i'm looking at 200 watt cfl bulb similar to the ones you have,do ya one will do or at least 2 minimum ?

Well whenever you begin a grow you should create a journal and we will all be able to help you out :)

What is your reasoning for wanting to go with CFLs ? Is is due to heat issues ?

Ideally it would be the more light the better so I would probably reccomend having the 2 X 200w CFLs as their light penetration is not very strong, I intended in having 625w of CFL in my little box ha ha

They can heat up a grow room an awful lot faster than you would expect, I found the heat from the 250w HPS in a cooltube much more manageable than when I had 375w of CFL running as the heat can be removed directly from the light through the cooltube whereas the heat from the CFLs can not be re-located or controlled as easily as it dissipates throughout the room.
Just some suggestions :thumb:

very nice mate, keeping my fingers crossed they sort the seed problem out mate
Thanks donpaul, I have written to Serious Seeds and received a response in as little as 1 hour :)

I am going to post the dialog between me and the company on this thread as soon as I get their next response so stay tuned ha ha

Thanks for stopping by :)

I'm just going to bump this update so that it has the top of a new thread page.

Yummy! Those look good enough to eat! ... watch that "purple" one close it could be something else ....

+ Reps

Yummy! Those look good enough to eat! ... watch that "purple" one close it could be something else ....

+ Reps
Thank you Buckshot I greatly appreciate the +Reps :)

Do you know what else could cause purpling other than cooler temperatures ?

Thanks

Reading about natural UVb and its mortal effect on young life, I am going to wait until after the 4th node and then increase by an hour a week and keep rotating it around the garden. The hour a week is initial guess, will calculate so start flowering with full UVb.

Ps. Thank you for the active and passive assistance with photography
:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom