AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

My grow units are looking a little bare, with only 3 in veg, one in flower (The second one is rapidly dying and won't live to make seeds), and two seedlings. I'm going to put 5 seeds in a paper towel today. I have:

2 ATF's Photo
3 Afghani Regular

If I get any males, I'll save the pollen and breed more seeds.

One Afghani already sprouted! If memory serves, an Afghani I once grew cloned quite easily. Maybe something about it being a land race? (being more vigorous and such)

Well, you usually see hybrid vigor in hybrids, lol.

But if it's real Afghani indica, it evolved in a harsh environment. So it makes sense that the things would be pretty tough.

Yeah, I hear lots and lots and lots of people do, lol. I wasn't inferring that someone was scamming you. I meant that if it hadn't been "worked" until it wasn't the same strain as the one that was sourced back in the day from the Hindu Kush region of the planet, then it'll most likely be tougher than the meat of a 10-year old turkey.

Yeah, I hear lots and lots and lots of people do, lol. I wasn't inferring that someone was scamming you. I meant that if it hadn't been "worked" until it wasn't the same strain as the one that was sourced back in the day from the Hindu Kush region of the planet, then it'll most likely be tougher than the meat of a 10-year old turkey.

I recently read the difference between the true land race Afghani and what is being developed elsewhere and bred with other strains. So, I'm going to try to reproduce this set of seeds.:ganjamon:

just stopping by. Been lurking away in the background lol... Some people are ungrateful... I wish my folks grew lol they grow everything but cannabis lol if you havent seen them, you may want to consider looking @Grandpa Tokin threads, he has some good instructions for extracts.

until i can grow my weed like i grow my tomatoes, free and unencumbered by laws and rules, i wont be happy... Stupid profit seeking nonsense.... Anyways before i rant... I shall be off!

oh wait... Who are your ATFs from? Is it the real ATFs? I had some matanaska tundra from sagamartha seeds a few years back and not a single seed popped... I was quite upset as a buddy and i spent good money to split on a pack.

All three Afghani's sprouted over the past 36 hours, one with a one inch root that I had to gently separate form the paper towel it embedded itself into. All planted and under lights. The ATFs are starting to swell, so expect a taproot soon.

it won't be long till I am pressed for space again! :yummy:

Looks like death won out over seeds in one of the AK47 X DP ladies. But I am seeing seed pods on the healthy lady. Not as many as I would like, but I would be happy with 6 viable seeds.

just stopping by. Been lurking away in the background lol... Some people are ungrateful... I wish my folks grew lol they grow everything but cannabis lol if you havent seen them, you may want to consider looking @Grandpa Tokin threads, he has some good instructions for extracts.

until i can grow my weed like i grow my tomatoes, free and unencumbered by laws and rules, i wont be happy... Stupid profit seeking nonsense.... Anyways before i rant... I shall be off!

oh wait... Who are your ATFs from? Is it the real ATFs? I had some matanaska tundra from sagamartha seeds a few years back and not a single seed popped... I was quite upset as a buddy and i spent good money to split on a pack.

The ATF's were gifted from a 420 friend. I don't know where the original seeds came from, but they are slow to sprout.

The surviving fertilized AK 47x Durban Poison lady has at least 24 big fat seeds. There might be more tucked away under those. I'm really happy with how well this breeding project went! The mother is still fairly healthy, but fading, as she uses up her remaining leaves to feed the seed.

I'll let the seed pods dry on the plant and split before I harvest them. I want as many really mature seeds as I can get. There are many more "virgin" buds all the way down the stems, but I don't hold out a lot of hope of them getting trics, before the lady dies. But they'll still be good ground up as herbs or added to the next batch of tincture.

Just driving by............. I myself steer clear of landrace genetics. Great stuff for seed production and cross-breeding into hybrids...... But all that is more than this small time growers has room for. I'll leave that to peeps with room for 100's of plants for cubing. Least in theory,, I'm hopeful, they do the legwork for me, and they produced a good product, and I get some good hybrids.

But now if your looking for a weed you like from days gone past, or want to produce your own seed as is enjoyment,,,all good.

As for peeps and weed,, we grow for our own enjoyment. If someone wood rather go spend hard earned cash than enjoy the benefits of knowing a grower,,, 'fuckem feed em fish heads......' Let the fools waste their monies and don't let that have anything to do with your enjoyment of growing herbs. You can never have too much budder or jars of flowers on the shelf..............

GL my friend and Keepem Green

As for peeps and weed,, we grow for our own enjoyment. If someone wood rather go spend hard earned cash than enjoy the benefits of knowing a grower,,, 'fuckem feed em fish heads......' Let the fools waste their monies and don't let that have anything to do with your enjoyment of growing herbs. You can never have too much budder or jars of flowers on the shelf..............

Don't be shy, Nor: Say what you're thinking! :rofl:

This is the AK 47 x Durban Poison Mother, carrying the seeds of the next generation. There are at least 24 fat seeds hidden among the upper flowers, but I was unable to get a clear picture of them without disturbing the flowers themselves.

She was born on January 20, 2018 and bred about a week ago to a male AK 47 X DP. Her sister died soon after being bred.

Note that there are flower clusters in almost every node all the way down. This is typical of the sativa hybrids I've grown. I don't get much of a cola at the top, but that is where the nodes are very close together (slowed and stopped growing after the stretch).

Well damn woman, I’m impressed with how you slid in under the wire! :high-five: Mighty fine work. So how far into flower is she?

Sweet node placement. Mine tend to go more leggy, but that’s training more than anything. I’m learning. Lol!

Well damn woman, I’m impressed with how you slid in under the wire! :high-five: Mighty fine work. So how far into flower is she?

Sweet node placement. Mine tend to go more leggy, but that’s training more than anything. I’m learning. Lol!

I really didn't train this lady much, just kept her clean. I have the MARS 300 LED panel dialed in just right, with supplemental CFLs down low to keep the nodes closer. I've gotten used to how my Sativa hybrids present themselves, so am very pleased with the AK 47 X DP's flowery stems.

I can't quite figure out how long I've had them (now just one) under 12/12, but the first time I mentioned them was early-mid March. They WERE slow to switch to flower, and there was minimal stretching, before the male finally put out his pods. The two ladies put out pistils a week later, and one of them died within a week of being fertilized. So... best guess ....6 weeks now?

I'm going to get buds AND seeds from this lone survivor! :yahoo:

One ATF is planted in a solo cup, and I'm waiting on the other ATF seed's taproot to get a bit longer in the paper towel before I plant that one. Since I only have two, I want them to get a good head start before putting them into the soil mix.

The afghanis are getting used to their solo cups. The strain seems to be quite vigorous, as they sprouted within 18 hours and I had to plant them sooner rather than later. If I get a male out of these three, I'll use the pollen to breed females that I dont have males for. Afghani is a good land race strain to add vigour to a hybrid.

I figured out what that purple clone is that my grandson gave to me. She's a purple haze, judging from her scent, how quickly she grew and how easy he said it clones. The strain is supposed to be one of the easiest for beginners to grow. Well, she's going to have to stay healthy, so I can use her as a mother plant.

Yeah, yeah, I said I was done with cloning, but I'll give the Purple haze a try when she gets bigger. :reading420magazine: She's only in a one gallon pot right now, so I plan to up-pot her to a 3 or 5 gallon storage bin (low and wide) so she can spread out.

Both ATF's are in their solo cups, accompanied by 3 Afghani seedlings and 3 AK 47 X DP (x White castle) seedlings.

In the 3 gallon bins I have a couple of White Widow clones, and just transplanted into a 5 gallon pot is the Purple Haze. In spite of the rough handling to remove her from the 1 gallon pot, she didn't suffer any shock, and is resting quietly.

And last is the lady pictured in post #1635. No changes, but I gave her a light feeding of Bloom + seaweed extract to plump up her buds and seeds. I don't expect large florets from her, since she will be feeding her seeds first.

It just occurred to me that you have trouble cloning, but can start seeds easily. I almost never have trouble rooting a cutting (regardless of whether I break out the gels, solutions, and potions or just stick it in a cup of soil and basically ignore it) - but have been having no end of issues getting seeds to start in the past month.

If we were neighbors, I'd ask if we could trade off on those things, lol.

For seeds, instead of trying to guess if a seed is ever going to pop its head above the soil in a solo cup, I start them in a folded wet paper towel inside a zip-lock bag, under a CFL, 24 hours a day till the taproots are about 1/2 inch long. The cfl keeps the towel warm.

Maybe I need to add heat to the soil for the clones.

Back
Top Bottom