Glory days, glory days
--
Song by Bruce Springsteen

White Widow
Gravel Gertie
Seed Dropped July 15, 2023
Day 112
Week 7.6 Since Flip​

It looks like Gravel Gertie's glory days have come and gone very quickly. In the wink of a young girl's eye she grew her crystals, her yellow and purple colors ... and grew old. She stopped taking water. Stopped taking nutes. Colors changed rapidly as she began to eat herself up.

The telltale sign I've had with this strain is that when she stops taking water leaves grow leathery and trichomes grow brittle. She may look like she had another week, but now is time to harvest.

I gave her a pre-harvest trim last night, and left her in the dark.

Harvest party tonight. Dry rack photos and news at Eleven (or some time like that).

Nutes:
Currently: Zero.​
Uptake: Zip.​
Lights: Nada.​
Drink a few for me brother and I’ll be there in spirit. Burn 🔥 a few why’ll your at it cause I want to get just right. lol CL🍀

Drink a few for me brother and I’ll be there in spirit. Burn 🔥 a few why’ll your at it cause I want to get just right. lol CL🍀
Thank you CL, me and my growing buddy plan to make a party of it. We got the tunes. We got the bud. We got the scissors ready to get all sticky.

In between the trimming, we will hoist one up for you in one hand and burn one for you in the other.

MGM

Baby I'm Hanging on for You.
November 2, 2023

Baby, I'm hanging, hanging on for you
(I'm hanging) That's where it is, go 'bout my business
Hanging, hanging on for you
And you'll be mine in future time
It's true ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

-- Song by Sterling Knight

White Widow
Gravel Gertie
Day 113
7 Weeks, 5 Days Since Flip
Got her down just in time.

If you've noticed from my earlier postings I dry in the same room I have my grow cabinets. It works quite well in the cooler months.

And while all the cabinets are fairly light tight, I don't like taking chances and stay out during the 12/12 dark cycle. It was a rush today to get them in around 8:30 PM EDT.

As for environment in there ...

I have a small humidifier in the room I set for 55% rh, and usually in five days time the crop is dry enough to bottle. Right now the room is running about 65ºF at night, and 75ºF during the day.

No worry about bud rot with the remaining plants, since the heat in the cabinets dries the air giving me something around 40% rh. At night, with the lights off, then everything settles down to 65ºF/55% rh.

Only a stalk or two had gritty trichomes when I took her down, the rest were a good and sticky mess.

@CaptainLucky, I was not able to burn one, or toast a bourbon while I was harvesting, since I was in a rush, but you know what I'm doing now the job is done ...

... some of last year's really fine Do-Si-Dos, and a shot of Dragon's Milk fine craft bourbon.

Here's to you, my friend, and all those who have followed me through to this harvest!

MGM

Baby I'm Hanging on for You.
November 2, 2023

Baby, I'm hanging, hanging on for you
(I'm hanging) That's where it is, go 'bout my business
Hanging, hanging on for you
And you'll be mine in future time
It's true ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

-- Song by Sterling Knight

White Widow
Gravel Gertie
Day 114
7 Weeks, 5 Days Since Flip
Got her down just in time.

If you've noticed from my earlier postings I dry in the same room I have my grow cabinets. It works quite well in the cooler months.

And while all the cabinets are fairly light tight, I don't like taking chances and stay out during the 12/12 dark cycle. It was a rush today to get them in around 8:30 PM EDT.

As for environment in there ...

I have a small humidifier in the room I set for 55% rh, and usually in five days time the crop is dry enough to bottle. Right now the room is running about 65ºF at night, and 75ºF during the day.

No worry about bud rot with the remaining plants, since the heat in the cabinets dries the air giving me something around 40% rh. At night, with the lights off, then everything settles down to 65ºF/55% rh.

Only a stalk or two had gritty trichomes when I took her down, the rest were a good and sticky mess.

@CaptainLucky, I was not able to burn one, or toast a bourbon while I was harvesting, since I was in a rush, but you know what I'm doing now the job is done ...

... some of last year's really fine Do-Si-Dos, and a shot of Dragon's Milk fine craft bourbon.

Here's to you, my friend, and all those who have followed me through to this harvest!

MGM
Beautiful harvest MGM it looks like a big one. I also enjoyed a good Whiskey, Bourbon and Irish. Never really liked Scotch that much. CL🍀

Congrats on the harvest bro :clap: looking good!
Always looks so organized if I didn't harvest multiple strains at a time I'd try drying your way 👌

Congrats on the harvest bro :clap: looking good!
Always looks so organized if I didn't harvest multiple strains at a time I'd try drying your way 👌
Oh, if my wife could read that! LOL!

I have a retired surgical nurse following me around,

"What's this doing here?"

"Isn't there a better place for that?"

"Wasn't the Cal-Mag and PH UP on the left side of the humidifier last time?"

I got really lucky on the drying rack. It's a thrift-store clothes drying rack, that fits EXACTLY between the table top and the floor joists above.

Sometimes organization is a matter of luck, other times it's having a good wife.

I appreciate the congrats, Greenvein, thank you.

MGM

I have a retired surgical nurse following me around,

"What's this doing here?"

"Isn't there a better place for that?"

"Wasn't the Cal-Mag and PH UP on the left side of the humidifier last time?"
I bet that keeps you on yer toes :)

That's a very cool harvest pic... enter it in the photo of the month comp! I think it has winning potential.

I love the drying rack! I too use an indoor clothes rack but mine is a bit different.

Eulogy for a White Widow
I bet that keeps you on yer toes :)
She is my sweetie. The wind behind my sails. The reason I remember what I'm doing when I walk through a doorway. We compliment and complement each other every hour of the day.
That's a very cool harvest pic... enter it in the photo of the month comp! I think it has winning potential.
Oh ... yeah ... about that. I entered this photo instead. It has caused quite a stir in the November POM thread.

I love the drying rack! I too use an indoor clothes rack but mine is a bit different.
Isn't it great what you can find at thrift, hardware, and garden center stores that just seem to fit one's space?

Oh, and just a heads up, be on the lookout for my good friend, brother-from-another-mother, and grow bud-dee, Lawrence (of Cannabis). He just joined. He is the keeper of the legend of Godzilla.

MGM

Eulogy for a White Widow

She is my sweetie. The wind behind my sails. The reason I remember what I'm doing when I walk through a doorway. We compliment and complement each other every hour of the day.
You are very fortunate to have one another :love:
Oh ... yeah ... about that. I entered this photo instead. It has caused quite a stir in the November POM thread.

Isn't it great what you can find at thrift, hardware, and garden center stores that just seem to fit one's space?

Oh, and just a heads up, be on the lookout for my good friend, brother-from-another-mother, and grow bud-dee, Lawrence (of Cannabis). He just joined. He is the keeper of the legend of Godzilla.

MGM
Ok stunning pic!

I just had a look at the Introductions and your mate hasn't posted one yet I don't believe. I look forward to meeting your bestie.

Heres's one of my uses for medical Drip Poles, I also am a medical tech. SSgrower

242217417_222884333200332_1634150525601749106_n.jpg

Heres's one of my uses for medical Drip Poles, I also am a medical tech. SSgrower

242217417_222884333200332_1634150525601749106_n.jpg
I love it! My wife is a retired nurse and my grow buddy and bestie, Lawrence, is an MA, I'm showing this to them, they'll both love it, too!

You are very fortunate to have one another :love:
Yes, Indeed. She is my rock.
Ok stunning pic!
Thank you. It has caused such a stir I don't think I've seen anything like it. Win or lose in the voting there are many posters who have already brought great joy with their comments. Including you, Carmen!
I just had a look at the Introductions and your mate hasn't posted one yet I don't believe. I look forward to meeting your bestie.
He told me he has a very busy weekend, plus I might have owed him some pics for his introduction. He is the driving force behind the next chapter of MGM's grow lab journal, "Chasing Godzilla" or perhaps more appropriately "Chasing Godzilla under ViparSpectra Lights," as I truly believe these lights were behind the most productive and popular grow I've had. I was able to get 10 ounces of Dos-Si-Dos out of a 2x2 space. I know I didn't come close to that with the White Widow, but Lawrence thinks we can do better with the Dos-Si-Dos.

Here are my brother and I chillin'

DSC_1130_DxO.jpg

I truly believe these lights were behind the most productive and popular grow I've had. I was able to get 10 ounces of Dos-Si-Dos out of a 2x2 space.
I bet @ViparSpectra Valerie will be pleased to hear this. Congrats on 10 ounces, wow!

What are those tripod looking things on the lawn?

The pic looks so tranquil :love:

I bet @ViparSpectra Valerie will be pleased to hear this. Congrats on 10 ounces, wow!
So now the challenge is to match it, beat it or come close trying. I hope @ViparSpectra Valerie will be impressed.
What are those tripod looking things on the lawn?

The pic looks so tranquil :love:
It is tranquil. That is why Lawrence loves hanging out there. That and my company, lol.

The tripod have sprinklers on the top. It's how I irrigate the lawn and gardens out back. Too big back there for us to have a sprinkler system, so we installed irrigation with faucets around the yard and then use the tripod sprinklers to keep thing from drying out.

Speaking of the yard, it is a beautiful fall day here, and I have outdoor garden chores to do. Top of the list: Pick Gold Rush and Granny Smith apples.

Have a great day, Carmen!

MGM

So now the challenge is to match it, beat it or come close trying. I hope @ViparSpectra Valerie will be impressed.

It is tranquil. That is why Lawrence loves hanging out there. That and my company, lol.

The tripod have sprinklers on the top. It's how I irrigate the lawn and gardens out back. Too big back there for us to have a sprinkler system, so we installed irrigation with faucets around the yard and then use the tripod sprinklers to keep thing from drying out.

Speaking of the yard, it is a beautiful fall day here, and I have outdoor garden chores to do. Top of the list: Pick Gold Rush and Granny Smith apples.

Have a great day, Carmen!

MGM
Wow, enjoy apple picking MGM. It sounds super. Decades ago I lived on a farm with an orchard. It's something special, isn't it. Have a great day too!

Wow, enjoy apple picking MGM. It sounds super. Decades ago I lived on a farm with an orchard. It's something special, isn't it. Have a great day too!
Thank you, Carmen,

I certainly did enjoy apple picking, beautiful, sunny fall day for it. Gold Rush and Granny Smith Apples. Outdoor growing season ends, the indoor season begins.

DSC_1241.jpeg

Training fruit trees and training cannabis have a lot in common. I often find inspiration out in the orchards in the area. Maybe you can see some similarities from this winter photo.

_DSC0028.jpeg

I have been so tired from my outdoor gardening, cleaning up and preparing new beds for next year, that I have been remiss on my updates to the journal. I am drafting a new report and choosing photos and should have that up tomorrow.

Have a great day!

MGM

What you gonna' do with all those apples MGM?

Back
Top Bottom