MicroGrowerMan's Grow Laboratory Journal

“Eulogy for Seed Queen”
July 15, 2023 - November 24, 2023

Seed Queen was an abused girl.

Originally destined for a life of pollen and seed bearing, she was dwarfed on purpose. And then her life changed the day one of her sisters turned hermie. So she was pushed into double duty: Top buds for harvest, second layer of buds for seed production.

Big mistake.

I harvested and bottled 2.5 ounces of top bud out of her. A bit loose and larfy, but good weed nonetheless.

But by the time I pollinated the bottom layer, I believe the plant was too old. One reason is that I took pollen from a clone of Seed Queen and it did not mature in time to produce pollen, so I was a bit late. Part of that maturation process is that it took longer than expected for the collodial silver to to produce male flowers on the female clone. I didn't mind a bit of lateness because I thought I wanted to pollinate at a time that any pollen on the top buds would only produce a few, small immature seeds. I produced none.

Nope. Not a single seed on the top, nor any seeds on the bottom, and the bottom bud was so larfy and old that I deemed it useless, an experiment gone awry.

I'm seriously considering tossing into the hash tray, or the compost pile. Just nasty stuff, particularly compared to what I harvested from the top layer. I have better laying around, and better coming.

That leads us to my last report coming up -- the top of Seed Queen has been in the bottle for two weeks, so lets see what that tastes like.

Be right back, I have some tokin' and reporting to do!
:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

MGM

“Eulogy for Seed Queen”
July 15, 2023 - November 24, 2023

Seed Queen was an abused girl.

Originally destined for a life of pollen and seed bearing, she was dwarfed on purpose. And then her life changed the day one of her sisters turned hermie. So she was pushed into double duty: Top buds for harvest, second layer of buds for seed production.

Big mistake.

I harvested and bottled 2.5 ounces of top bud out of her. A bit loose and larfy, but good weed nonetheless.

But by the time I pollinated the bottom layer, I believe the plant was too old. One reason is that I took pollen from a clone of Seed Queen and it did not mature in time to produce pollen, so I was a bit late. Part of that maturation process is that it took longer than expected for the collodial silver to to produce male flowers on the female clone. I didn't mind a bit of lateness because I thought I wanted to pollinate at a time that any pollen on the top buds would only produce a few, small immature seeds. I produced none.

Nope. Not a single seed on the top, nor any seeds on the bottom, and the bottom bud was so larfy and old that I deemed it useless, an experiment gone awry.

I'm seriously considering tossing into the hash tray, or the compost pile. Just nasty stuff, particularly compared to what I harvested from the top layer. I have better laying around, and better coming.

That leads us to my last report coming up -- the top of Seed Queen has been in the bottle for two weeks, so lets see what that tastes like.

Be right back, I have some tokin' and reporting to do!
:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

MGM
Bummer about the lack of seeds. I hope the top buds taste delish!

Bummer about the lack of seeds. I hope the top buds taste delish!
Let's just say it's a rewarding harvest. Bud tasters are standing by!

:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

MGM

Seed Queen Nouveau
"The Twilight Zone"

December 2, 2023

"It is the middle ground between light and shadow,
between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears
and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.
It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."

This stuff definitely puts me somewhere else in the time/space continuum.

It makes it hard to stand.

In short, it's trippy.

Harvested 11 days later than her sister, Gravel Gertie, the high doesn't so much deliver a sleepy couch-lock feel, rather a distortion of the space around me. Kinda acid like. But I can type. Very nice high. Really strong.

As for the taste, can I say "I forgot?"

Nah.

Break open a bud and you're greeted by the aroma of spiced lemon, and a light, flowery essence of lavender. Very pleasant. However at the moment the aroma of the jar says, "not quite ready for prime time." And that is OK, because I still have a couple of ounces of Gravel Gertie, and after three weeks in the bottles, she smokes smooth and fine. No cough. No shit. Just a light piney-lemony essence.

As for Seed Queen the potential is there, but she's smoking a little hot right now. Not inducing cough, but back of the throat ... hot.

Overall I'm happy. Lawrence is happy.

That is about it for the journal. Thank you everyone for following.
:passitleft:

MGM

Congrats on your harvest, MGM! I'm very pleased for you, and I really enjoy reading through your journals.

I raise my Guinness in toast of you, my good man 🍻 Enjoy your smoke

Congrats on your harvest, MGM! I'm very pleased for you, and I really enjoy reading through your journals.

I raise my Guiness in toast of you, my good man 🍻 Enjoy your smoke
Thank you, my Scot brother. And I raise mine 🍻 to more mischief in the future!

MGM

Nice harvest and lovely pictures and quotes.

BTW were you in advertising at all? I met an interesting guy here was based in NY in that game for a long time. Alan Platt.

Nick
Thanks Nick.

Yes, I retired from advertising a decade ago. I worked in Midwestern markets, not NYC.

MGM

Thanks Nick.

Yes, I retired from advertising a decade ago. I worked in Midwestern markets, not NYC.

MGM
I actually bought his book. Basically about him shagging his way through SE Asia. Would have preferred some Madman stories.

I actually bought his book. Basically about him shagging his way through SE Asia. Would have preferred some Madman stories.
Oh, I have stories.

:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

MGM

Seed Queen Nouveau
"The Twilight Zone"

December 2, 2023

In short, it's trippy.

Harvested 11 days later than her sister, Gravel Gertie, the high doesn't so much deliver a sleepy couch-lock feel, rather a distortion of the space around me. Kinda acid like. But I can type. Very nice high. Really strong.

Nah.

Break open a bud and you're greeted by the aroma of spiced lemon, and a light, flowery essence of lavender. Very pleasant. However at the moment the aroma of the jar says, "not quite ready for prime time." And that is OK, because I still have a couple of ounces of Gravel Gertie, and after three weeks in the bottles, she smokes smooth and fine. No cough. No shit. Just a light piney-lemony essence.

As for Seed Queen the potential is there, but she's smoking a little hot right now. Not inducing cough, but back of the throat ... hot.

MGM
Interesting sounding buzz 🐝 any leftovers that you want 2 get rid of? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Seed Queen Nouveau
"The Twilight Zone"

December 2, 2023

In short, it's trippy.

Nah.

MGM
What a beautiful pic for your smoke report MGM, and a delicious description too. Congrats on the tasty bits!

What a beautiful pic for your smoke report MGM, and a delicious description too. Congrats on the tasty bits!
Thank you Carmen. I had fun shooting the smoke report photo. Used a couple of my shelves from the grow boxes as background and a single clamp-on hog light for lighting.

MGM

Back
Top Bottom