MicroGrowerMan's Grow Laboratory Journal

“The Gargons are Thriving”
November 11, 2023​

Perhaps the best movie quote from one of the worst movies of all time, “Teenagers from Outer Space. 1959

I feel this way anytime a problem seedling or outlaw batch of clones start to turn around in the grow journal and that is just the kind of week it has been. Well, my Red Lobster aficionados, my little problem children have turned themselves around this week.

Amnesia Trance by non-sponsoring breeder.
Feminized Photoperiod.
Germinated October 20, 2023
Day 22​

Sure doesn’t look like Day 22. This thing has been quite a struggle to get going, but a lot of TLC, and diluted nutes from a spray bottle finally got her out of her funky, slow, deformed stage and now growing into something.

Thing is, she has lost her place in line and may be transplanted and condemned to an early blurple life until a space opens up ahead of her in the grow box system.

Nutes:
Seedlings and Early Veg Mix​
1/2-tsp Cal Mag/Gallon​
1/4-tsp Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herbs/Gallon (18-18-21)​
pH Adjusted​
650 ppm​
Applied with spray bottle​
Lights:
Mix of household daylight and cheap blurple flat panels kept at 20 inches above plant.​

Do-Si-Dos from Pyramid seeds
Sold through current sponsor Seedsman.
Feminized Photoperiod.​

Project Name: Little Sisters of Mildred, (Do-Si-Dos)
Do-Si-Dos Clones of Plant from Pyramid seeds
Feminized Photoperiod.
Into Cloner: October 21
Removed from Cloner & Planted: November, 8; Day 18,
Day 3

After 18 days in the cloner, I took four select Little Sisters of Mildred out of the soup and transplanted them into 2.7-gallon (10-liter) pots of 100% perlite. The bottom of each pot was lined with landscape fabric to prevent the perlite from escaping the pot.

The perlite in the pots was lightly soaked with a dilute solution of nutes to make the perlite moldable enough I could form holes that would accept the extensive root structure of the clones with minimal damage.

The holes were backfilled with the perlite as the roots were covered over and sprayed with a light solution of nutes. Once the backfilling of the hole was complete and the roots were fully covered, more of the nutes were poured over each pot, with a concentration in the middle of the pot.

I’m currently hand-watering while awaiting new parts for my irrigation system.

Nutes:
1/2-tsp Cal Mag/Gallon​
pH Adjusted​
650 ppm​
Lights:
ViparSpectra XS 1000​
25%50%​
32-inches above plants​

Project Name: Mildred (Do-Si-Dos)
Feminized Photoperiod.
Germinated: August 23, 2023
Flipped: October 28, 2023
Day 83, Week 2 Since Flip

Mildred just won’t stretch much, she has gone from being split for manifolding and 5-inches tall to a total of 10-inches tall. I hope she grows more.

Even though she is not stretching a lot I have two consolations: 1) the buds are getting really thick, so I should have some fatties here, and 2) this is the clone mother of the Little Sisters of Mildred and as such serve as a bell-cow, growing guide for Lawrence and my comparative grow journal that we start this weekend. Reminder: These don’t stretch much!

Nutes:
Early Flowering Mix​
1/2-tsp Cal Mag/Gallon​
1/2-tsp Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herbs/Gallon (18-18-21)​
1/2-tsp Miracle Gro Bloom Booster (10-50-10)​
pH Adjusted​
1050 ppm​
Lights:
ViparSpectra XS 1500​
100%​
16-inches above plants​

White Widow
Project Name: Seed Queen
Seeds Dropped July 15, 2023
Day 122
Week 9 Since Flip
14 Days Since Pollination.​

Time to bring all the upper buds down. These were the ones that were not pollinated.
Next time you will see Seed Queen she will be butchered in half, with seed colas left and upper fatties hung to dry.

Nutes:
Late Flowering Mix​
pH Adjusted​
550 ppm​
Lights:
ViparSpectra XS 1500​
100%​
16-inches above plants​

That is the weekly news from the MGM ranch. Updates as they happen.

Thank you all for following and comments always appreciated.

MGM

“The Gargons are Thriving”
November 11, 2023​

Perhaps the best movie quote from one of the worst movies of all time, “Teenagers from Outer Space. 1959

I feel this way anytime a problem seedling or outlaw batch of clones start to turn around in the grow journal and that is just the kind of week it has been. Well, my Red Lobster aficionados, my little problem children have turned themselves around this week.

Amnesia Trance by non-sponsoring breeder.
Feminized Photoperiod.
Germinated October 20, 2023
Day 22​

Sure doesn’t look like Day 22. This thing has been quite a struggle to get going, but a lot of TLC, and diluted nutes from a spray bottle finally got her out of her funky, slow, deformed stage and now growing into something.

Thing is, she has lost her place in line and may be transplanted and condemned to an early blurple life until a space opens up ahead of her in the grow box system.

Nutes:
1/2-tsp Cal Mag/Gallon​
pH Adjusted​
650 ppm​
Lights:
Mix of household daylight and cheap blurple flat panels kept at 20 inches above plant.​

Do-Si-Dos from Pyramid seeds
Sold through current sponsor Seedsman.
Feminized Photoperiod.​

Project Name: Little Sisters of Mildred, (Do-Si-Dos)
Do-Si-Dos Clones of Plant from Pyramid seeds
Feminized Photoperiod.
Into Cloner: October 21
Removed from Cloner & Planted: November, 8; Day 18,
Day 3

After 18 days in the cloner, I took four select Little Sisters of Mildred out of the soup and transplanted them into 2.7-gallon (10-liter) pots of 100% perlite. The bottom of each pot was lined with landscape fabric to prevent the perlite from escaping the pot.

The perlite in the pots was lightly soaked with a dilute solution of nutes to make the perlite moldable enough I could form holes that would accept the extensive root structure of the clones with minimal damage.

The holes were backfilled with the perlite as the roots were covered over and sprayed with a light solution of nutes. Once the backfilling of the hole was complete and the roots were fully covered, more of the nutes were poured over each pot, with a concentration in the middle of the pot.

I’m currently hand-watering while awaiting new parts for my irrigation system.

Nutes:
1/2-tsp Cal Mag/Gallon​
pH Adjusted​
650 ppm​
Lights:
ViparSpectra XS 1000​
25%50%​
32-inches above plants​

Project Name: Mildred (Do-Si-Dos)
Feminized Photoperiod.
Germinated: August 23, 2023
Flipped: October 28, 2023
Day 83, Week 2 Since Flip

Mildred just won’t stretch much, she has gone from being split for manifolding and 5-inches tall to a total of 10-inches tall. I hope she grows more.

Even though she is not stretching a lot I have two consolations: 1) the buds are getting really thick, so I should have some fatties here, and 2) this is the clone mother of the Little Sisters of Mildred and as such serve as a bell-cow, growing guide for Lawrence and my comparative grow journal that we start this weekend. Reminder: These don’t stretch much!

Nutes:
Early Flowering Mix​
1/2-tsp Cal Mag/Gallon​
1/2-tsp Miracle Gro Bloom Booster (10-50-10)​
pH Adjusted​
1050 ppm​
Lights:
ViparSpectra XS 1500​
100%​
16-inches above plants​

White Widow
Day 122
Week 9 Since Flip
14 Days Since Pollination.​

Time to bring all the upper buds down. These were the ones that were not pollinated.
Next time you will see Seed Queen she will be butchered in half, with seed colas left and upper fatties hung to dry.

Nutes:
Late Flowering Mix​
pH Adjusted​
550 ppm​
Lights:
ViparSpectra XS 1500​
100%​
16-inches above plants​

That is the weekly news from the MGM ranch. Updates as they happen.

Thank you all for following and comments always appreciated.

MGM
I’m not familiar with the Killer Teenagers but a must see really stoned is Killer Clowns 🤡 From Outer Space 🪐. I think the first time I watched it was in the 80s. Late ⏰ night with 3 channels and UHF. CL🍀

I’m not familiar with the Killer Teenagers but a must see really stoned is Killer Clowns 🤡 From Outer Space 🪐. I think the first time I watched it was in the 80s. Late ⏰ night with 3 channels and UHF. CL🍀
Killer Clowns was supposed to be funny. Teenagers was so bad it was funny. Both movies known for their "buzz" factor.

It was our post HS group's signal to get together, get high and watch this cult classic. A great hippie "stoner" movie.

Pleasant memories.

If you get a chance, you can watch it on YouTube.

MGM

Killer Clowns was supposed to be funny. Teenagers was so bad it was funny. Both movies known for their "buzz" factor.

It was our post HS group's signal to get together, get high and watch this cult classic. A great hippie "stoner" movie.

Pleasant memories.

If you get a chance, you can watch it on YouTube.

MGM
I watched 35 minutes of it as I dozed off :laughtwo:

I watched 35 minutes of it as I dozed off :laughtwo:
Apparently you didn't have your post-high school hippie buddies over to help you enjoy this fine piece of dreck.

:laughtwo: :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

:passitleft:

MGM

“Off With Her Head”
It’s not quite “good-bye” for Seed Queen.

November 13, 2023​

White Widow
Day 123
Week 9.3 Since Flip
16 Days Since Pollination.
Top Harvested November 13, 2023​

Seed queen was led to the beheading chamber at 12:32 PM E.S.T. where the heads of the Seven Sisters were quickly separated from their lower limbs, trimmed of spider leaves and larf and then hung on a rail to dry. Here. For all to see.

Where her sister was long and lean, this girl is short and fat with 9-inch colas that will help the total harvest of Seed Queen equal, and perhaps surpass that of her sister, Gravel Gertie.

One thing for sure, with the shorter, fatter colas this thing took a lot less time to trim.

Still, I do have some more work to do.

The remaining bottom of the plant, which had been brushed with pollen will be allowed to grow for 2 more weeks under dimmed lights until the seed pods mature.

Nutes:
Late Flowering Mix​
pH Adjusted​
550 ppm​
Lights:
ViparSpectra XS 1500​
50% Power​
25-inches above plant​

Congrats on an excellent partial harvest. Those seven 9 inch colas are nice and fat!
Thank you Carmen.

Yes, surprisingly fat. Hard to believe she was the same strain, let alone same seed batch, as her skinny sister, Gravel Gertie.

Also, thought you might like to know I started that new grow journal "Chasing Godzilla." I've just posted it and added it to the signature.

My grow buddy, Lawrence is all up on this. He should come out of hiding soon.

MGM

Thank you Carmen.

Yes, surprisingly fat. Hard to believe she was the same strain, let alone same seed batch, as her skinny sister, Gravel Gertie.

Also, thought you might like to know I started that new grow journal "Chasing Godzilla." I've just posted it and added it to the signature.

MGM
I don't know about Carmen, but I'm sure interested in watching you and your friend Chase Godzilla!

What you gonna' do if you catch him? :)

I don't know about Carmen, but I'm sure interested in watching you and your friend Chase Godzilla!

With a harvest that large? Big party at my place.

MGM

Thank you Carmen.

MGM
Thank you for the heads up!

I know, I hot footed it straight over there with nary a word or glance in the rearview mirror, such was my haste :laugh:

This should be good fun.

Amnesia Trance Under The Blurple Sky
November 14, 2023​

A quick update on my journal straggler, the Amnesia Trance Seedling.

Her retarded germination and growth led to her pressed paper seedling pot falling apart before the root ball is ready.

Amnesia Trance, Day 25 in Seedling Pot.jpeg

I like pressed paper seedling pots over peat pots. Peat pots bring a degree of acidity to the grow that can sometimes interfere with early plant development. With paper I have witnessed no such effect. The additional advantage is that the pots seem to fall apart right about the time the root ball fills the pot up, making transplanting easy.

This plant has been a bit of a weakling, with a fairly weak root ball and stem. For those reasons the transplant was planted up past the cotyledons and then covered with a cloche to reduce transpiration. I put the transplant in our standard 2.7-gallon (10-liter) nursery pot.

Nutes:
1/2-tsp Cal Mag/Gallon​
pH Adjusted​
650 ppm​

Lights:

Just a quick reminder I will be closing this grow journal out with the harvest of the Seed Queen seeds in about two weeks.

Amnesia Trance is a bit of a tag-along with no real place in my current grow journals.

MGM

Hi, MGM! :ciao:

I'm a bit late to the party, but catching up was a great read!

As a Scotsman, I'll forgive you for your previous comments on our whisky :laughtwo:

I'm looking forward to your future updates!

-B-

Hi, MGM! :ciao:

I'm a bit late to the party, but catching up was a great read!
Thank you, burdok. Welcome to the party.
As a Scotsman, I'll forgive you for your previous comments on our whisky :laughtwo:
Hmmmm ... you think Scots who were banished from Scotland, quit drinking whisky, lad?

Just because they came over here and had no peat bogs didn't mean they quit making it or drinking it. They just found a different recipe right for where they were living, in Bardstown, Kentucky. Bard being another spelling of the Scottish Baird clan. I know that because the Bairds are my ancestors. So are many others. I may be born in the U.S.A., but by bloodlines I'm about 3/4 Scot.

I'm a direct descendant of John Knox, the founder of the Presbyterian faith, and numerous 17th-Century Covenanters who were banished into indentured servitude in the Americas.

Let's hoist a whisky, then, no matter what flavor to our mutual heritage!

And, of course, burn one, too!
I'm looking forward to your future updates!

-B-
Thank you, and I see you have found my new journal!

Enjoy!

Thank you, burdok. Welcome to the party.

Hmmmm ... you think Scots who were banished from Scotland, quit drinking whisky, lad?

Just because they came over here and had no peat bogs didn't mean they quit making it or drinking it. They just found a different recipe right for where they were living, in Bardstown, Kentucky. Bard being another spelling of the Scottish Baird clan. I know that because the Bairds are my ancestors. So are many others. I may be born in the U.S.A., but by bloodlines I'm about 3/4 Scot.

I'm a direct descendant of John Knox, the founder of the Presbyterian faith, and numerous 17th-Century Covenanters who were banished into indentured servitude in the Americas.

Let's hoist a whisky, then, no matter what flavor to our mutual heritage!

And, of course, burn one, too!

Thank you, and I see you have found my new journal!

Enjoy!

Apologies, I didn't realise you were a brother from a distant mother :laughtwo:

I too have an interesting mix of clans on my side. Somewhere down the line a MacDonal married a Campbell, shocking. There are a bunch of other clans in my history, too. And an Irish noble family on my dad's side, too

“The End is Near”
November 20, 2023​

White Widow
Day 131
Week 10.3 Since Flip
23 Days Since Pollination.

Seed Queen is getting long in the tooth and has the purple leaves to show it. Five more days before I harvest her for seed. I'll dry trim her, see what I did on seed and close this journal out at that time.

Nutes:
Late Flowering Mix
1/2-tsp Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herbs/Gallon (18-18-21)
pH Adjusted
550 ppm
Lights:
ViparSpectra XS 1500
50% Power
25-inches above plant

I also did a weigh-in for the top half of Seed Queen that I dried, maybe over-dried a bit, and bottled. Coming in at just under 2.5 ounces.

The other plants in my grow system, the Do-Si-Dos and the Amnesia Trance are now handled in a new Grow Journal: MicroGrowerMan's GroLab: Chasing Godzilla Under The ViparSpectra Sun

Thank you for following, just a few more weeks!

MGM

What does that mean MGM?
It either means I'm very stoned when I write any more, or the brain fog from my Xtandi is kicking in.

I meant I'll dry trim her. Usually I wet trim. So I got confused, and put both down, lol, and didn't put trim!

I will have to correct that. Good thing there are so many proofreaders on this forum!

Thank you GDB!

MGM

“The Seed Queen: Off With Her Head”
November 24, 2023​

White Widow
Day 135
Week 10.9 Since Flip
27 Days Since Pollination.

It's been a grisly process. The head chopping began a few days ago with top colas chopped, hung to dry and bottled.

All that was left were the understory colas that I pollinated 27 days ago. My research showed it takes 2-4 weeks for cannabis seeds to mature so I'm one day short of the 4 week harvest date. Just felt empty, with nothing to do after the Lions loss on turkey day.

I have the grow room up to 60% humidity now, with temps around 65º leaving the grow boxes at around 45%-50% humidity and temps around 75º F .

I'll bring the humidity down gradually as the buds dry.

Almost closed out here, except the seed count after drying.

Thank you all for making it this far!

MGM

Back
Top Bottom