Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Nice work on the trimming (I would have taken all the lower buds but that's just me :)) and I hear you on throwing out clones. I have at least one person who takes a lot of my extras so I don't often have to toss them in the green bin!

Nice work on the spreadsheet but I'm with Oldbear and Amy about keeping them separate and blending to suit. You may want one blend for a week and then a different one. Easy when they're all individual.

Plants look great. :thumb:
Over the past few days flower tent temps have ranged from 55 to 79
Thought I would drop this here since it was posted by Norcaliwood when my temps started falling last winter:
"...once the air cools to below 18-20ºC (64-68º) the plant’s metabolism will slow down gradually and hinder or halt development."
From here:
the capsules hold about 0.75 ml, if I recall correctly.
Detailed Capsule Size Data:

Size0000001234
Average weight in mg1631189575604738
Tolerance in mg± 11± 7± 6± 6± 4± 3± 3
Volume in ml1.370.910.680.500.370.300.21
From here:

Don't know. He didn't play for Alabama
LOL!

I’m gonna guess these guys getting a little darker color in the hairs is normal at this stage.
Barring sprays that make pistils go brown, or pollen :eek: , it's probably genetic.

guess these guys getting a little darker color in the hairs is normal at this stage.

Most likely - which plant is those pics of?

My Candida starts turning those hairs early too, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was the Master Hemp. But yeah - probably fine. Like Shed said it can indicate they’ve been pollinated, but that seems very unlikely (nothing has been in flower long enough to even manage pollen - even if there was a source)

Nice work on the trimming (I would have taken all the lower buds but that's just me :)) and I hear you on throwing out clones. I have at least one person who takes a lot of my extras so I don't often have to toss them in the green bin!

Nice work on the spreadsheet but I'm with Oldbear and Amy about keeping them separate and blending to suit. You may want one blend for a week and then a different one. Easy when they're all individual.

Thought I would drop this here since it was posted by Norcaliwood when my temps started falling last winter:
"...once the air cools to below 18-20ºC (64-68º) the plant’s metabolism will slow down gradually and hinder or halt development."
From here:

Size0000001234
From here:

LOL!

Barring sprays that make pistils go brown, or pollen :eek: , it's probably genetic.

Haven't quite finished with MH1 and left the lower buds for two purposes: 1. to see what happens and 2. to potentially take clones. That doesn't mean I won't pick some more off today, maybe. :) Unfortunately, for me giving clones might cause me some other issues so after thinking and doing a little research I'm unlikely to be giving any out though I really want to.

Good info on the temps. I have to call about a heater for the whole garage and go ahead and get the door sealed properly before it gets any colder.

On the capsules I may end up doing both.

Thanks for the handy links, Shed :cool:

Indeed.

Most likely - which plant is those pics of?

My Candida starts turning those hairs early too, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was the Master Hemp. But yeah - probably fine. Like Shed said it can indicate they’ve been pollinated, but that seems very unlikely (nothing has been in flower long enough to even manage pollen - even if there was a source)

Can't remember if MH1 did (it has CD-1 as a parent), but pretty sure the three pics are of Orange Sherbet, Northern Lights, and Westley (White Russian). The temps may have played a role, but the garage did not get below 61 over the past few days, IIRC.

Looks like everything has been answered here. (Brushes hands off)

Was an easy visit!

A lot of great information here!:thumb:

I do want to say! That you’ve got some great photos Al!

Always a joy visiting your journal! :nerd-with-glasses:

Thank you!

The loupe/macro lens is on the way!

I wound up moving the old clones to the center of the floor to get more light.

I turned the heater up from the low 600 watt setting to the medium 900 watts setting. Since it is now 70 in the garage and the veg tent is about to go dark, the flower tent goes off an hour later and doesn't come back on until Noon, I think the extra amperage will be OK (the a/c pulls 6.3 amps, low heater 5.4 and medium setting 8.4, roughly). By the time the flower tent comes back on it should be warm in there.

I finished thinning out underneath. Pics below.

As I said, I finished thinning out underneath. Yes, I left a few that some others may have taken off but I consider everything right now a bit of an experiment.

I forgot to mention last night that while thinning I partially broke one of Westley's branches. This branch happens to have what appears to be a future large cola. I didn't panic - just taped her to the central stem and kept going. It looks fine today. You can see the tape near the bottom.

I didn't move any of the plants to get these so, as usual, another plant or two may be at the edges.

First up is Master Hemp MH1. MH1 typically has 0.3-0.5% THC, 12-16% CBD, and also has CBC and THCV. Its lineage includes CD-1 and another unknown parent. It also has, according to descriptions, a unique flavonoid and terpene profile.

I only recently realized that a 12/12 cycle is recommended throughout the grow cycle, not just flower, but this one has thrived since day one.

Aside from the 32:1 ratio of CBD:THC, the THCV (can't find % just now on that) drew me to this plant. It is 70% sativa.

From here:

Size0000001234
From here:

LOL!

@InTheShed
Great link about the low temps on cannabis. encouraging to read that later in flowering stages, it can increase trichome production...eyes are firmly on the thermometer this week...forecast is calling for -5 C later this week with some snow mixed in. i'm not shy to let them be to a night out near 1 0r 2 degrees, but certainly won't be leaving them outside for -5 C. thanks for sharing.

@Alafornia
i've been sneaking in and out of your journal...great stuff, you're always on the move, great variety...thanks

@InTheShed
Great link about the low temps on cannabis. encouraging to read that later in flowering stages, it can increase trichome production...eyes are firmly on the thermometer this week...forecast is calling for -5 C later this week with some snow mixed in. i'm not shy to let them be to a night out near 1 0r 2 degrees, but certainly won't be leaving them outside for -5 C. thanks for sharing.

@Alafornia
i've been sneaking in and out of your journal...great stuff, you're always on the move, great variety...thanks

Thanks, @roaring lion ! Shed is always dropping good information bombs here and there. I am constantly learning something new.

Back
Top Bottom