Alexjay's Confusing Grow!

So my plants are autoflowering variety, and I can now see the little white sugary pistils coming through.
Should I be switching to my 2700k bulb and going 12/12?

Seems a little early cause the plants are still rather small?

autos dont care about the lights, so the rule becomes more is better, at least to a point. I recommend 18/6 to give the plants some resting time. Others recommend 24/0. Almost no one runs 12/12 for autos.

I would switch to the flowering bulb though. :)

Thanks for the help again ☺

Not much to report this weekend, just sitting back watching my plants flower!

IMG_20151205_145532.jpg

IMG_20151205_145559.jpg

Bought a second fan to help with temp and air circulation, and changed my big grow bulb for 3 45w flowering ones

So little update :) I decided to go LED, bought a Mars 300w panel and it seems good so far.
I was surprised at how much heat just 3 small CFLs kicked out and I was struggling with temps a little, average was about 29 degrees C. The LED panel is so much cooler running, average temp now has dropped to 22-24.

IMG_20151210_220249.jpg

IMG_20151212_133433.jpg

IMG_20151212_133521.jpg

IMG_20151212_133545.jpg

I know its going to only be a small yield but any yield will be a success for my first grow :)
Really excited to start a new batch from start to finish with all the new kit now, never realized gardening is such a fun hobby to enjoy.

Not too much to report again. Having a little crinkling leaves problem but it's just the tips so I think I haven't quite got the pH right yet. Flowering well under the leds I think tho...

IMG_20151218_181507.jpg
IMG_20151218_181307.jpg

This plant is about a week in front of the bigger one how long do we think till its ripe?..
IMG_20151218_181050.jpg
IMG_20151218_181114.jpg

Also how cute is this!
IMG_20151218_181606.jpg

Another weekend another update, if anyone's still here :D Hope you've all had a good Christmas and santa brought you exciting seeds to grow :)

Some of my fan leaves are badly crinkled, I think this is from wrong pH over and over and the previous heat stress?

IMG_20151226_130319.jpg

IMG_20151226_130346.jpg

Sugar seems to be coming on nice tho, and the leaves don't seem effected like the normal fan leaves. Could this be because I've sorted the pH levels now? Temp is averaging 24 degrees C now.

IMG_20151226_133541.jpg

The other plant is close to harvest now, but much smaller. Must be because I overwaterd it badly a few times in veg!

looking better, but still looks like heat stress with that leaf canoeing at the top. 24c doesn't sound bad, but it sure looks like it gets much hotter than that at the top.

Also, it looks like you still have a bit of a trace mineral deficiency going on with the leaf discoloration at the top... and this usually means your pH is just a little off. The lower leaf damage looks like there was at one time a magnesium deficiency, but she has mostly recovered from that and the leaves have come back as far as they were able to.

What is the pH you are adjusting to now? I am guessing that to solve the mag problem you raised it a bit too high.

Thanks for the reply ☺ I've put the thermometer at the top of the plant n will report back soon. The led light seems pretty cool running so hopefully won't fluctuate much.

The water is pH 6.3, been using it at this for about two weeks now. Changed pH kits from strips to liquid test and seems much more accurate.

Should I be looking at buying some calmag to dose with in the future?

I think every garden needs a bit of calmag... it is good stuff and the plants need massive amounts of magnesium all throughout the grow... a lot more than is usually in our tap water.

I also didnt consider that you are using LED light.... this tuned light can be too intense even if the temp is not excessive. Based on the canoeing, I would be raising that light.

6.3 pH means that I was wrong above and it may not be a trace mineral deficiency showing at the top. Now that you have the accuracy, try 6.5... the deficiency still could be magnesium, it is a tricky one... a bit of experimentation though, and you should be able to find the right range to deal with your soil's drift.

Thanks for your input again ☺ the light is as high as it'll go lol, will have to change tents or improve my lst for the next grow.

I have 3 small week old plants I'm nursing, expecting bigger n better things from them after my first learning curve!

So the smaller plant of the two has been chopped n cooked!
IMG_20160109_104741.jpg

It weighed half an oz wet, and was pretty strong!

The other one is still going and has about a week left

IMG_20160109_160044.jpg

But after all the advice I've received from you guys, I decided I had unfinished business with this strain, so planted a fresh. This is her after only 2 week's

IMG_20160109_160027.jpg

Can't believe how healthy it's looking! Thanks again to people who have helped ☺

This one's doing so well I had to buy it a new bucket to live in 3 weeks old and hopefully in her final home of 21 litres.
IMG_20160116_180138.jpg
IMG_20160116_180126.jpg

Growing 2 kush strains in the same tent now, they're healthy too thanks to the correct pH water ☺ also started experimenting with coco medium, so much to learn lol!

So a long overdue update...
The two plants I started this thread about, the easy bud, have long been harvested.

Currently I have 2x special kush, 1x easy bud all 5 weeks old.
2x black destroyers, 3 weeks old
1x bubble kush at about 2 weeks old.

I've fast run out of room, I had no idea they'd grow so damn quick with quality pH water!

IMG_20160131_121914.jpg

Really looking forward to trying the kush strains. The easy bud isn't good for me, it's way too head high / destroys your short term memory. I'm growing for pain medicinal purposes so the other strains will suit better I think

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

First post!! I hope older grower can still see behind me or i'll have to move. You'll be fine Alex. Looks like a great veg box. I don't see holes in the box for air flow, you need it. Also, you can start LST'ing them for bigger yields. Info in my sig if you need it and you definitely need to have drainage holes in the pots or water will just sit in there with the roots too long and drown them.
Sorry Mello I got tied up with a new job and they have had me working 56 hours a week so I have not had time to see anything

So the smaller plant of the two has been chopped n cooked!
IMG_20160109_104741.jpg

It weighed half an oz wet, and was pretty strong!

The other one is still going and has about a week left

IMG_20160109_160044.jpg

But after all the advice I've received from you guys, I decided I had unfinished business with this strain, so planted a fresh. This is her after only 2 week's

IMG_20160109_160027.jpg

Can't believe how healthy it's looking! Thanks again to people who have helped ☺

What a great job you did Alex, sticking with it and getting her to harvest. The plants are really tough but they do require you stick with it, I am so glad you stuck it out and took her to the finish line :bravo:

So a long overdue update...
The two plants I started this thread about, the easy bud, have long been harvested.

Currently I have 2x special kush, 1x easy bud all 5 weeks old.
2x black destroyers, 3 weeks old
1x bubble kush at about 2 weeks old.

I've fast run out of room, I had no idea they'd grow so damn quick with quality pH water!

IMG_20160131_121914.jpg

Really looking forward to trying the kush strains. The easy bud isn't good for me, it's way too head high / destroys your short term memory. I'm growing for pain medicinal purposes so the other strains will suit better I think

Oh how quickly they learn :thumb: See what a little knowledge and experience can do. Just a short time ago you were struggling, now your garden looks simply fantastic. While Mello and Emilya steered you in the right directions, it was all you who took each step. With growing like life, you will never stop learning new things which makes it a great hobby. Just keep learning and remember that a mistake or failure is nothing more then a learning experience. Have fun and do not be afraid of failure, it is what allows you to become more knowledgable. It will not be long and you will be the guy guiding some new grower when he is unsure about what to do. I have not seen how well you have done with your harvest other then your 1st but I am going to take an educated guess and say your harvests will be yielding more and more with each grow. Congratulations on getting past that 1st major hurdle, the 1st successful grow :goodjob::bravo::high-five::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom