AmGrowR's Second Attempt

Hey Everyone. Lost my internet connection there for a while. Still trying to figure things out here. My sprout started having the same problems so I made a last ditch effort to try and save her the other day and tranplanted her to a mini hempy. I found I was having a major soil compaction problem after emptying one of my cups out and I had been thinking about the ease of hempy for a while so I figured this would be a good time to get my feet wet.

Here it is.....my first hempy cup.
DSC06656.JPG

Hope she roots. When I transplanted all she had was an elongated taproot, no little stringy roots.
DSC06658.JPG

The new sprout. Just broke the surface last night. Planning on tranplanting this one to hempy also.
(Before it's basically dead)
DSC06660.JPG

It's purple already! Must be them Purps! LOL

Hey man...get that seedling out of the cup...Or put some black tape around the outside. The light will get to your roots and kill the plant. The roots must not be exposed to light. How long have you had it in that cup? That is probably what is killin' it this time. And dude...If I may suggest something else/You are much better off starting with a soil that has a lot less nutrients in it. Miracle Grow is shite! It is the worst possible thing you could use and especially for seedlings imo. Even though you have flushed it may not be enough as some of these soils have a "time release" formula and the nutrients are released over time. In most cases these soils are ok. But with Miracle Grow...that shit is just way too hot to start with! I see you've gone to hempy set-up. Not familiar with it so I'm not gonna give any advice on that. Never used it so I don't know. Hopefully someone will help you out with that...:smokin:

GL man...
:rollit:
MG

Hey man...get that seedling out of the cup...Or put some black tape around the outside. The light will get to your roots and kill the plant. The roots must not be exposed to light. How long have you had it in that cup? That is probably what is killin' it this time. And dude...If I may suggest something else/You are much better off starting with a soil that has a lot less nutrients in it. Miracle Grow is shite! It is the worst possible thing you could use and especially for seedlings imo. Even though you have flushed it may not be enough as some of these soils have a "time release" formula and the nutrients are released over time. In most cases these soils are ok. But with Miracle Grow...that shit is just way too hot to start with! I see you've gone to hempy set-up. Not familiar with it so I'm not gonna give any advice on that. Never used it so I don't know. Hopefully someone will help you out with that...:smokin:

GL man...
:rollit:
MG

Thanks MacGyver. The sprout has only been in the cup for a couple days and is slowly showing new growth, I think. I had basically given up on the plant and figured trying to save it and grow new roots would be a good way to get my feet wet with hempy. I've been watering a few times every day to keep the roots moist and, hopefully, growing. I didn't find the cup to be clear enough to worry about light getting in. Either way the roots are nowhere near the edge of the cup right now and even if they were I doubt they see anything more than a mild glow, if that. Does anbody else think the cup is a problem? It's a Large plastic cup you get from Mickey D's.

Also, I have given up on the Miracle Grow shit. Cuz that's exactly what it is. Although, I'm thankful because it pushed me towards a new style of growing and I think I'm going to be happy with hempy.

Hey AM,

Glad your back my friend :high-five:

Ya know, I may have to agree to black out that cup brother. The plastic is pretty thin and doesn't quite have the opacity you get from your standard white pots. MG is right, wrap that thing in something like aluminum tape or at least some duct tape.

Also, about the Hempy style... check out the journals by BlueDog and DocBud.
I'd say try this or that but I'll leave it to the experts ;). One things for sure, check this out if you haven't seen it yet >https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/guide-hempy-just-put-hole-bucket.121141/post-1080462

Take care and best of luck to you.

-dime

Update time. I will take your guys' advice, MG and dime, and black out the cup. Thanks for the heads up you guys.
The sickly sprout took a turn for the worse last night so I trashed it and transplanted the new sprout into the hempy cup. Hopefully, I can keep this one alive more than a week or two!! Jeeeeez!!! I swear my first attempt, a couple years ago, I dug up some soil from outside, put it underneath a single 42w cfl, and just watered it. I never had ANY problems!!! Other than the plant being the wrong sex.lol I journaled it here: First timer experience growing grow
This time around is driving me insane!!:loopy:

So here's the one that's finally going to make it.:wood:
DSC066611.JPG

Just remember to take it easy on her while she's a seedling - keep it slow and steady. I'm sending your Little Lady all the strength I can muster. Heed the wise words of the generous people on this site and the results will turn out great!

Thanks, Cheeforest, I definitely will. I put one granule of Osmocote in there( a couple nights ago )for her to feed on for now and she looks really happy about it. I think I finally may have things figured out here. I'm so happy I switched to hempy!!!:party: It's much easier.

Update time. The hempy is working out for me much better than the soil was.:thumb:

Day 9
DSC06780.JPG

Lookin' good man. I'm lookin' forward to learn from the hempy set - up. It can seem like a long road...patience is key...keep it simple man! Sending vibes too bro.

:tokin:
MG

Update time. I'll keep it short because my internet connection sucks. It keeps going out on me. So here she is.

Day 15
DSC067941.JPG

Day 20 pics coming up tomorrow!:thumb:
If my internet is still here.

Hey AM, glad you got on the Internet and sorry your connection keeps dropping.

I didn't realize in the previous pic as I thought it was the light, but in that last pic you just posted it looks like you have some algae growing on the perlite. I have seen that droop before. Unfortunately it was on my clones that got very sick.

I hope that I'm wrong my friend, but has it gotten worse or has the plant started getting brown or crispy? I'm sending you the best vibes I have my man :Namaste:

I'll be looking for your update and hope all is well. If you need anything I'll try my best to help you out or at least help you find a way.

-dime

Hey AM, glad you got on the Internet and sorry your connection keeps dropping.

I didn't realize in the previous pic as I thought it was the light, but in that last pic you just posted it looks like you have some algae growing on the perlite. I have seen that droop before. Unfortunately it was on my clones that got very sick.

I hope that I'm wrong my friend, but has it gotten worse or has the plant started getting brown or crispy? I'm sending you the best vibes I have my man :Namaste:

I'll be looking for your update and hope all is well. If you need anything I'll try my best to help you out or at least help you find a way.

-dime

Thanks, dime. I definitely do have algae growth on the perlite and it seems I can't avoid it. I had it on the soil too.

The first set of leaves are already brown, shriveled, and crispy but the rest of the plant, so far, seems unaffected.

Could it be a ph problem?
I really need to find test strips somewhere because I have no idea what the ph of my water is. Although, I always ask myself, would the plant have survived for 3 weeks with a ph that was WAY off?

Hey there, what is the RH in your grow space and how often are you watering? I think you may just have too much moisture. Did you put a hole in the cup? I didn't see one in the pic but I would think without one the cup would stay too wet and drown the plant. That could be the issue. The plant looks more sick than affected by pH, as it has signs of overwatering and not nute lock-out or deficiency. I would suggest removing the algae covered perlite and try and see how much of it has spread.

Did you ever get a chance to check out that link I posted a few posts back (guide to hempy) lots of great info in there. I wish you luck and am hoping everything works out.

Please let us know what you find out.

Also do you have fans moving air around?

Hey there, what is the RH in your grow space and how often are you watering? I think you may just have too much moisture. Did you put a hole in the cup? I didn't see one in the pic but I would think without one the cup would stay too wet and drown the plant. That could be the issue. The plant looks more sick than affected by pH, as it has signs of overwatering and not nute lock-out or deficiency. I would suggest removing the algae covered perlite and try and see how much of it has spread.

Did you ever get a chance to check out that link I posted a few posts back (guide to hempy) lots of great info in there. I wish you luck and am hoping everything works out.

Please let us know what you find out.

Also do you have fans moving air around?

Hey dime. My RH is constantly around 60. Temps constant at 78-80. I'm watering once to twice a day. I do have a drain hole in the cup about an inch and a half, or so, from the bottom. I have a fan inside the closet as well as one outside the closet blowing air in. As you'll see from the pics I'm about to post, the newest set of leaves aren't drooping, so I'm happy about that. Let's hope she's on the road to healthiness.

Yes, I have done quite a bit of research on the hempy thread. I've gotten most, if not all, my hempy knowledge off of it.

Update time. Well the droop is not affecting the newest set of leaves. Let's hope that's a sign of good things to come.

Day 20
DSC06886.JPG

DSC06888.JPG

DSC06889.JPG

That does look much better :thumb:

If you can, I'd say to at least try to get that green perlite out of there. Maybe add some H2O2 to the water next time you water/feed them and let them dry out a bit before you water again. Take care my friend.

That does look much better :thumb:

If you can, I'd say to at least try to get that green perlite out of there. Maybe add some H2O2 to the water next time you water/feed them and let them dry out a bit before you water again. Take care my friend.

Thanks, dime. I did remove the affected perlite and replaced it with fresh stuff. Also, I've been spacing out my waterings a lot more and she seems to like it, as she has perked up quite a bit and is finally looking healthy.:yahoo:

Update time.

Day 25
DSC06903.JPG

DSC06905.JPG

Does she look sativa dominant to anybody else?
If so, I'll definitely be flowering sooner than I had originally planned on.

Back
Top Bottom