AmGrowR's Second Attempt

Update time. So my oldest seedling is officially dead.:rip: I touched it the other morning and it fell apart. Both, Sour Diesel and bagseed are also yellowing. Their last watering was very heavy and their next few will also be heavy to see if I can flush that soil and keep them alive. They both have new growth that looks ok. I also flushed out my other two cups really well and put two more of my bagseeds in there. If those grow without problems then I will know for sure that the soil was my culprit.

Here's a couple pics of what's going on.

The Garden
DSC063981.JPG

Bagseed Day 10
DSC063961.JPG

Sour Diesel Day 9
DSC063921.JPG

Check out my posts!:party:

Tell me to shut up if you like...Just wanna see you do well there. Plan ahead...post a question on you're thread if you need some help (Cool folk will help when they can) and keep it simple man! Temp...air-flow...pH etc...Conditions are indeed the key. Wanna see you kill it on this grow! Keep 'em happy man!!

Tell me to shut up if you like...Just wanna see you do well there. Plan ahead...post a question on you're thread if you need some help (Cool folk will help when they can) and keep it simple man! Temp...air-flow...pH etc...Conditions are indeed the key. Wanna see you kill it on this grow! Keep 'em happy man!!

I wouldn't tell anyone to shut up. Especially you, all the help you've been giving me. I appreciate it a lot and please keep it coming.

I forget what kind of soil you were using.

They're in MG Seed Starter right now and they will be transplanted to probably a mix of 60/40 perlite/ MG Organic Choice potting mix. After flushing, of course. I will be feeding with Osmocote smart-release plant food. It's not the OC+ but an indoor/outdoor plant food that says it's guaranteed not to burn. Hopefully, it all works out for the best.

I know why they call it Miracle Grow now.
Cuz it's a miracle if they actually grow.

I think the MG soil is meant for established houseplants not MJ, sorry. From what I'm seeing, I don't know if they will survive, this soil is just too hot. Do you have any more seeds?

I actually think the ones that have survived thus far will continue to live. They both have new growth that is growing daily and doesn't seem to be burned much. Their last watering was extremely heavy so I hope I flushed it quite a bit. Their next couple waterings will be the same just to be sure.

I do have six more seeds and two more that I put into the same soil after flushing it, which I didn't do last time. One of them already popped up so I guess I will know for sure it was the soil if this one grows fine. I'll post pics when I get home from work in the morning.

I was just going to say that if you have any more seeds and you insist on using this soil, I would suggest cutting it 50/50 with perlite before you plant any more seeds.

I'm definitely going to do that from now on when planting seeds. Along with a good flush prior to the planting of the seed. Until I run across some quality soil I just have to try and do the best I can with what I got. Thank you very much, HempRocket. You've been most helpful.:grinjoint:

Update time. One of the seeds I put in the flushed soil popped up a few nights ago so I'm happy about that. The Sour Diesel and Bagseed are looking bad but they are still fighting. I'm HOPING they made it through the worst of it and will start recovering.

Bagseed
DSC06417.JPG

Sour Diesel
DSC064211.JPG

The new sprout!
DSC06416.JPG

Hey man...much better looking sprout there! I noticed a little bit of green on some spots on top of the soil. Looks like moss/fungus forming there. I would let that dry out a little before you water again.

Nice one!
:rollit:
MG

I think the MG soil is meant for established houseplants not MJ, sorry. From what I'm seeing, I don't know if they will survive, this soil is just too hot. Do you have any more seeds?

Well HempRocket, you were right. Both Sour Diesel and Bagseed shriveled up today. :rip:

Hey man...much better looking sprout there! I noticed a little bit of green on some spots on top of the soil. Looks like moss/fungus forming there. I would let that dry out a little before you water again.

Nice one!
:rollit:
MG

Thanks MG! I've got a much better feeling about this one. It's off to a noticably better start and I think the flushing of the soil is what made the difference.

As for the green stuff, it's a bit of algae I believe. I'm really not too worried about it because it goes away once the top of the soil dries, also a little stir of the top layer of soil covers the affected areas from light so it doesn't spread. Thanks for the heads up, though. I appreciate all your help.

Well HempRocket, you were right. Both Sour Diesel and Bagseed shriveled up today. :rip:

Sorry to hear that. Just remember for next time to cut it with perlite and you should be ok. :goodluck:

Sorry to hear that my man. How's the new sprout hanging in?

-guess we were typing at the same time, I do that too often :)

Well here she is. Much more green and healthier looking than the others were at this point. Got a good feeling about this one.

DSC06483.JPG

Thanks Dime. She definitely does!!! I can't wait until she looks like one of yours, which by the way are looking fantastic!!! Beautifully even canopy.:goodjob:

Thanks to you as well :thumb:

My girls weren't supposed to make it... The soil experiment has surpassed my expectations though. I have switched from using string to A spool of twist ties as it's so much faster and when you want to pull a branch down a little further you just pull down a bit more and twist :)

Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom