AmGrowR's Second Attempt

Once or twice a day is waaaay too much water. I'm sure that's an issue.

Hey, Cheeforest. Thanks for dropping by.
Twice a day was definitely causing issues, as she was constantly droopy.
She seems to like it every 24 hours, though. The res at the bottom of my hempy cup is completely dry by then and the cup feels noticeably lighter. So, I think my watering schedule is ok for now.

Well, I'm going fishing.
Day 30 pics and update later on tonight.

Update time. I think I'm going to start flowering around day 40/50, after I transplant into a larger container.

Day 30
DSC069621.JPG

Anyone know what this is about?
DSC06963.JPG

I did a little research myself, but couldn't come up with anything conclusive.

My hempy cup.
DSC069641.JPG

Hey AmGrowR...what's up my man? Shit man, what can I tell ya? I looked real close at those pics which are good btw...What are those white spots on the leaves....look at the green leaves...I see tiny white spots on it...I hope I'm wrong...but I think that is mites. Check for Thrips as well. Have you checked underneath the leaves? Check for bugs thoroughly...I hope that is just some dust or lint or somethin' ...Let us know man...GL

Hey AmGrowR...what's up my man? Shit man, what can I tell ya? I looked real close at those pics which are good btw...What are those white spots on the leaves....look at the green leaves...I see tiny white spots on it...I hope I'm wrong...but I think that is mites. Check for Thrips as well. Have you checked underneath the leaves? Check for bugs thoroughly...I hope that is just some dust or lint or somethin' ...Let us know man...GL

^I was thinking that too^ and I was also thinking it might be mold. With the algae you had (Which I'm glad not to see :thumb:) it could have infected the roots and you are now seeing it in the leaves. From what i've read this can happen when plants are watter-logged or overwatered. Once the infection gets in, it needs to be treated with fungicide as it is systemic and does not go away.

If you get something that treats both bugs and fungus/mold you should cover both avenues. I wish you luck and please let us know how it goes.

Take care my friend.

^I was thinking that too^ and I was also thinking it might be mold. With the algae you had (Which I'm glad not to see :thumb:) it could have infected the roots and you are now seeing it in the leaves. From what i've read this can happen when plants are watter-logged or overwatered. Once the infection gets in, it needs to be treated with fungicide as it is systemic and does not go away.

If you get something that treats both bugs and fungus/mold you should cover both avenues. I wish you luck and please let us know how it goes.

Take care my friend.

Thanks to both of you guys. Luckily, the white powdery substance you guys are referring to is nothing more than perlite dust that I got on the plant when I was changing out some green perlite.

On a good note, I found some actual OC+ and started using it as of yesterday morning, and the first set of five-fingered leaves just worked their way out.:) Despite the problems I've been having, she continues growing constantly and that's all that matters to me.;) It keeps my hopes up, ya know?

Day 35 pics and update coming up later on tonight.

Update time.

She's not looking great, but continues to grow.
Day 35
DSC07024.JPG

Quite a bit of vertical height has been put on in the past 5 days.
DSC07029.JPG

A quick update. I transplanted to a 9-quart bucket and started flowering on 6/3.
I realized that I was definitely over-watering. I transplanted when she was "due for a watering" and there was still a LOT of moisture in the cup.

So I'm definitely going to space out my waterings a lot more. I think it's going to make all the difference in the world. No more droopiness or algae, I hope.

On a good note, the root system was about 7-8 in. long, nice and thick and pure white. I was happy to see that.

So now the fun begins!!!!!:yahoo:
Flower- Week 1 update coming up on 6/10.

Update time. Things have been going great around here since I transplanted and started flowering, as the pics will show. I'd also like to make a correction, I claimed I found the OC+ but it's Osmocote Flower & Vegetable plant food. Seems to be working nicely, though. These pics are from 6/10. 1 week into flowering.

My 9 quart hempy bucket.
DSC07030.JPG

DSC07061.JPG

My favorite pic yet!!!! :party::party::party: My first female!!:)
DSC07066.JPG

Top shot
DSC07070.JPG

Update time.
I'm very happy with the way things are going right now.:)

Here's some Flowering-Day 15 pics.;)

DSC07135.JPG

DSC07133.JPG

DSC07132.JPG

DSC07131.JPG

DSC07127.JPG

DSC07125.JPG

DSC071241.JPG

DSC07121.JPG

Congrats on the female! She's looking healthy and green, just remember to take it slowly - any changes you make take time to have effect. Keep her healthy and be rewarded!!!

Peace and love:goodjob:

Thanks, Cheeforest. I've definitely been trying to take things a lot slower than I did in veg. I screwed up the whole veg period by over-watering and didn't realize it until I transplanted. Live and learn, I guess.

I feel rewarded just watching her grow.
Any harvest would just be a bonus. An AWESOME bonus.

Update time. Things are going great! Trich production has started and the pistils on the top bud are turning a pinkish-purple color.

These pics were taken on 6/24. 3 weeks into flower.

DSC07176.JPG

DSC07136.JPG

DSC07175.JPG

DSC07178.JPG

DSC07179.JPG

DSC07180.JPG

DSC07183.JPG

DSC07187.JPG

DSC07189.JPG

It's real nice that she's already producing so many crystals. Let her fully ripen; don't cut until the calyxes close up. I'm envious; can't start my next grow till I move and get another job. Lookin' good!

Thanks, buddy. I was surprised to see so many trichs this early too. I was under the impression that they didn't come in until later on in flower. I did promise myself that I would contain my urge to chop until the trichs ripened up and pistils were being swallowed by calyxes.

Also, thank you for following along and commenting. I appreciate it.
When you get your next journal going you bet I'll be there.:high-five:

I found these cat treats the other day. I thought the picture was hilarious so I had to get 'em! They're catnip flavor.

DSC07287.JPG

They almost look like cannabis leaves. :laugh:

Nice pics! Those pink pistils are wild! I would go ahead and detach the lowest two sets of fan leaves; they look dead. Sugar leaves look okay but all the fan leaves are pretty rough. Looks like nute and pH probs. Dunno if you have the resources to correct them but keep improving your setup every grow. Great great trich production!!! :peace:

Nice pics! Those pink pistils are wild! I would go ahead and detach the lowest two sets of fan leaves; they look dead. Sugar leaves look okay but all the fan leaves are pretty rough. Looks like nute and pH probs. Dunno if you have the resources to correct them but keep improving your setup every grow. Great great trich production!!! :peace:

Thanks, bud. I really like the pink pistils too! They're very camera friendly.:) I swear, half the fun of growing is taking pics to use for my desktop backround and of course, keeping a journal on 420mag.;)

I was planning on just letting the leaves die and fall off naturally but they do bug me so I'll probably pluck them. I think you are right on the money with what my issues are. I have no idea what kind of ph I'm working with, been using tap water. My nutes are 12-12-12 which I believe is a bit high in Nitrogen for flowering.

I'm probably just going to finish this one out as best I can with what I have and get some more supplies before I sprout anymore seeds. I feel I've been pretty lucky in getting to where I'm at now.

I can't wait to see what I end up with! So far, the quality is looking great!

Back
Top Bottom