AmGrowR's Second Attempt

Update time. The seed I gave up on FINALLY popped up! So that's good news.

Day 1
DSC06184.JPG

The other seedlings leaves are curling down and I'm a little worried. It seems to me a happy plant would be soaking up the light, not shying away from it. I've been watering on a wet/dry cycle so I don't think it's due to over/under-watering. I have been using water from the tap that I let sit out for atleast 24 hours. I do not know the ph of my water and I think that may be the problem. I'm going to use different water next time and see if that has any effect. My last plant seemed to like that Nestle AquaLife mineral water so I might try that again. Either way I need to get a ph tester.

What do you guys think the problem(if one exists)is?
(Start of day 8)
DSC06191.JPG

DSC06186.JPG

Count me in!
:popcorn:

I wouldn't worry about it tbh.
What you can do is test your water at a facility that you have in america and they'll do it for free. Read about it somewhere on the forum, forgot the name but i'm sure you'll find something

To buy water for you plants from nestlé seems a bit expensive.
I heard you can use destilled water i'm sure that will work fine and will be less expensive.

Count me in!
:popcorn:

I wouldn't worry about it tbh.
What you can do is test your water at a facility that you have in america and they'll do it for free. Read about it somewhere on the forum, forgot the name but i'm sure you'll find something

To buy water for you plants from nestlé seems a bit expensive.
I heard you can use destilled water i'm sure that will work fine and will be less expensive.

Welcome, Sana. Glad to have ya!
It's not too bad when they're small and aren't drinking much. You can get a pack of like 36 or something for about $3.00. After doing some more reading I think I am just going to go with distilled from now on. Thank You :high-five:

Update time. So I checked my closet about a half-hour ago and there was a green substance on top of the soil of my eldest seedling. The stem seemed to be noticably more skinny and it looks kinda unhealthy. I turned the humidifier off in there and some of it seemed to dissipate. There's still some on there. Should I be worried about this spreading or is it something I can control with a lower rh?

DSC06199.JPG

On a lighter note, I went out last night and found some OC+ so I will be using that to feed once I transplant.
And one of the Sour Diesels popped up!
Day 1
DSC06201.JPG

Well, I just did a little research online and it said too just remove the top layer of soil and replace with new soil. So I did.

I'm going to continue to try and keep the rh in my closet a bit lower and see if this has any positive effects.

Yes that would probably work but if you want te be certain that its gone. Change the earth completely make sure theres nothing on the plant and repot it with fresh earth.

I'm not saying removing the top won't work but if you want to be certain..

The green stuff is probably just some algae. Nothing to worry about. You should let your soil dry out before you water again and that will take care of it. You can also cover your soil with some perlite (that will take care of it too).

The green stuff is probably just some algae. Nothing to worry about. You should let your soil dry out before you water again and that will take care of it. You can also cover your soil with some perlite (that will take care of it too).

Thanks HempRocket. I think I have it in check now.
I appreciate everyone's help so far.

Update time. So my oldest sprout is looking very sickly and I wouldn't be surprised if it died. It's getting the same treatment as the other ones but seems to to be the only unhealthy one. Hmmmm?

So here she is at day 10. Pale as a ghost.
DSC06221.JPG

Here's my other bagseed lookin' alright at day 3
DSC06222.JPG

The Sour Diesel bagseed blowin' 'em away at day 2
(healthiest, fastest growing one)
DSC062241.JPG

The Garden
DSC062251.JPG

I hope the other SD comes up soon

Update time. So my oldest seedling still looks very bad. It hasn't shown any growth in the past few days. I'm not quite sure if it's totally dead yet so I'm going to leave it there and hope it comes back to life. We'll see.

Day 14
DSC06330.JPG

On the other hand, my other bagseed is looking great (in comparison) and is starting to shoot up it's second set.

Day 7
DSC06326.JPG

As for the Sour Diesel, it's still growing extremely fast but is showing some yellowing on the leaves. I'm not going to worry about it too much just beacause, other than that, it is still growing well and looks fairly healthy.

Day 6
DSC06325.JPG

The Garden
DSC063311.JPG

Hey AMGroweR, What's up man? I would say that soil you got is too strong for those little ones mate...JMO. They have enough energy to grow on their own for a while until you need to give them anything. It's best to start from a soil which is sterilized/dead. Then feed it when it needs with your...nutes. Baby Bio for herbs works really good for seedlings. I didn't start feeding my veg nutes until the ladies had 3 sets of true leaves. They just may be over fed and they locked out before they even start...JMO mate...Trying to help any way I can...:rollit:

Thanks, MacGyver! I did do a little research on that and I believe it's just a natural occurance on leaves (protective hairs or something). The only reason they stood out was because the light was illuminating all the little strands and made it look like a white-powdery substance.

Hey AMGroweR, What's up man? I would say that soil you got is too strong for those little ones mate...JMO. They have enough energy to grow on their own for a while until you need to give them anything. It's best to start from a soil which is sterilized/dead. Then feed it when it needs with your...nutes. Baby Bio for herbs works really good for seedlings. I didn't start feeding my veg nutes until the ladies had 3 sets of true leaves. They just may be over fed and they locked out before they even start...JMO mate...Trying to help any way I can...:rollit:

I assumed the stuff I got wouldn't be too strong just because it's Seed Starter. I guess I was wrong. I think the only reason my healthy bagseed is healthy is because it took a while to sprout so I ran more water through it(flushing nutes I suppose) keeping the soil moist waiting for the seed to sprout. My very unhealthy one sprouted after the first moistening so I think it got the full force of the nutes.

Any and all help is encouraged and appreciated.

Should I start watering heavily when I water in an attempt to flush out remaining nutes? Or would that comprimise the plants?

Should I start watering heavily when I water in an attempt to flush out remaining nutes? Or would that comprimise the plants?

Yeah man...I would say that is you're problem IMO. I would flush (with the size of those cups) maybe a good 1/2 ltr of ph balanced water? I used (spring & mineral) water throughout my grow. I was lucky and was able to get it for free. Flush 3 times and then leave it for at least 3 days to see if it perks up a bit. Don't water it again until the top 2-3 inches of soil is dry...you should use this method throughout watering during your grow....water when the top 2-3 inches is dry. Make sure those cups got good drainage...then if it works try it on the others...jmo.

Later man...:rollit:

MG

Yeah man...I would say that is you're problem IMO. I would flush (with the size of those cups) maybe a good 1/2 ltr of ph balanced water? I used (spring & mineral) water throughout my grow. I was lucky and was able to get it for free. Flush 3 times and then leave it for at least 3 days to see if it perks up a bit. Don't water it again until the top 2-3 inches of soil is dry...you should use this method throughout watering during your grow....water when the top 2-3 inches is dry. Make sure those cups got good drainage...then if it works try it on the others...jmo.

Later man...:rollit:

MG

Hopefully this will help.

Back
Top Bottom