Amy Gardner's First Journal - Outdoor - Critical Cure & Chaos In The Forest

hello all :circle-of-love::volcano-smiley:

it's so very lovely to see you've been engaging each other while i've been away. I'm in serious recovery today from a big week so am browsing the 420 news, a few journals and am about to catch up on the recommended podcasts and readings you've all shared here this past week. Thanks :thumb:

wanted to stop by and share this - underside view of my first indoor grow at day 59 (Critical+CBD auto). This medicine will support the grower throughout the summer outdoor grow :slide:

CCBDau_d59under.jpg

I'm dropping seeds in water later today...
Yummy....

Good morning all, (evenin' to the northerners ;) )

I dropped the seeds a couple of days ago, after soaking. The Money Bush and the CBD CC both just (barely) started to crack after 12 hours in the water before I whipped them all out and into soil. I maybe could've left the Prof. Chaos seeds longer - I'm not sure about them, they seemed very small, but I know that's not necessarily bad & they did have awesome patterning when examined through the loupe. I think I picked the ones that looked female (they're reg seeds), I hope they pop!

PA2900052.jpg

Since this photo the Money Bush has popped up and the CBD CC is making a tiny hill, so it's not far way. Unfortunately, we're having a cold snap! Days are really warm but the nights are cold. They're to be outdoor plants but I'm worried that the cold will be upsetting them so I've been bringing them in at night. Just popped them out again a minute ago and it was pretty crisp at 10degC. Do I run the risk of causing light issues if I keep them inside longer fro the warmth?

Do you listen to "The Pot Cast" the host is a grower and cannabis activist from Australia.
He has an amazing interview with Jeremy From Buildasoil. They talk a lot about Australias soil and it's properties compared to the US and how you need different amendments based on your location. Episode 5 - Jeremy of BuildASoil by The Pot Cast | Free Listening on SoundCloud
I encourage everyone who is interested in organics or thinking of making the transition into living organics listen as well.
I thought it would particularly interesting to you seeing the host is an Aussie as well.
Have a great weekend.

I listened to this on the weekend. It was good, long, but interesting. Mostly it covered pretty much what I've been reading the last few weeks. I might've missed something but it didn't talk about Aus soils the way I'd expected from your rap Gee. Mostly they just said that sold are different in different places with different deficiencies and tendencies so you need to find out about your own soil. Jeremy just said heaps of times he has no idea about aus soil. He did note that any rock dust one can source locally is a great option for getting some minerals into the mix. Mostly it's a great interview/discussion for anyone interested in organic soil growing, as Gee said. It was a good listen, thanks. I already know that the soil here is acidic - unamended it's going to be great for blueberries. We're bringing in some cubic meters of compost and building planting beds on top of our prev garden, so will be blending.

So get this, my local council can't tell me anything about the soil/clay profile in the region. They said that I'd have to get a GeoTech report (which involves getting a geo technician out here - very costly). SO they won't share any general info on the area. I even got the impression that they have info and 'can't' share it. The words of the duty officer were:

"council has no reason to hold that information. And if we had it, there would be copyright issues regarding sharing it. The State government offices might be able to help you"

Talk about the age of information and big data - when general info on the geological profiles of an area seem to be considered proprietary. Nothing useful on the State gov website - they have a soil profiling/analysis project underway it seems but no info accessible yet. I'll follow up with them on the phone. And chase the local tech college too. I'm mostly just interested in the likely mineral profile of my clay. Available testing is way too pricey.

In any case I've ordered some mineral amendments that are (hopefully) in the post.

Screen_Shot_2017-10-31_at_1_18_25_PM.png

And I'll add a small amount of my local clay into the mix as well. Some of the Gypsum and palagonite will go directly into the lower layer above the local clay level to help soften it and then i'll build up on top of that with the soil mix for about 400mm (a little over 1' ?) for about a 800x800mm square. The plants are currently in pots with a blend of organic potting mix and coco coir, to which I will water in some myco and gypsum once that arrives (I'm told the gypsum will make calcium 'available' almost immediately). And by the time they're root bound in the current pots, i expect to have soil beds ready to go. (Next year I'll be prepared a bit earlier with the soil beds.)

My aim is to focus on balanced mineral amendment and minimal fertilisation. Mostly seaweed - esp as foliar (particularly during veg, thanks TeddyE) and I'm probably going to get a worm 'cafe' - so there'll be worm tea and castings. So any advice as to the 'balance' of my amendments is very welcome. Most of the stuff I've bought comes with recommendations for amount per 25L of soil (e.g. 1cup), or per plant. To a certain extent i have no idea what I'm doing here so it's a 'suck it and see' season. I probably have some idea tho it's just almost purely in theory, and at a pretty rudimentary level. Next is to jump in an start to learn about reading the plants and trying to understand form that what the soil needs.

All feels a bit ad hoc - but I kind of like that. I don't expect to make a perfect soil my first try! Just start basic and learn from there. Once I've actually made it, I'll post the 'recipe' that ended up 'happening' so we have a reference point going forward.

I'l leave you with a glimpse of one of the bush sites - hopefully some chaos somewhere in here. Still working on the cunning plan for keeping it safe from the critters... many options are being discussed...

PA2900081.jpg

:Namaste:

That looks like a spectacular bush! Very much alive.
Just a quick note: start the feedings at 1/4 of the strength indicated on the label, and slowly increase to full strength. Especially during foliar feedings on the young plants. They can be quite sensitive, and if you damage(burn) mama with too strong nutes too fast, she takes a looooong time to get better.
Happy the ladies are popping through the soil!

For sensual phrases describing aroma and flavor, I recommend Diane Ackerman: Natural History of the Senses.

Thank you so much for that reference. You're a writer's dream come true, you know that? :kisstwo:
Read Micheal Pollen's (seriously, thats his real name !) 'Botany of Desire' it is a great book about why animals and people propagate various things, Cannabis being one.

This looks enticing as well. Added to my list. :hug:

hello all :circle-of-love::volcano-smiley:

it's so very lovely to see you've been engaging each other while i've been away. I'm in serious recovery today from a big week so am browsing the 420 news, a few journals and am about to catch up on the recommended podcasts and readings you've all shared here this past week. Thanks :thumb:

I find it so satisfying that my spaces feel comfortable for conversation. The greatest thrill is checking in and discovering there're two pages of posts you missed out on. :laughtwo:

Amy Gardner said:
wanted to stop by and share this - underside view of my first indoor grow at day 59 (Critical+CBD auto). This medicine will support the grower throughout the summer outdoor grow :slide:

CCBDau_d59under.jpg

I'm dropping seeds in water later today...

That is a sight that makes a fellow oiler smile with pride. Well done Amy. :battingeyelashes: The trichome structure looks excellent. :high-five:

That looks like a spectacular bush! Very much alive.

You got that right! We're near a wetlands (fancy word for beautiful swamp - it's about 200yards down the hill through the trees) so there's oodles of critters of all kinds. Birds, bugs, lilies, and all kinds of marsupials that would love to eat my plants! Yesterday, we thought this was angling for the seedlings...

IMG_288311.jpg

but we very soon realised that it was trying, unsuccessfully to get through the fence - having miraculously found it's way in to the enclosure from the other side. I've rescued 4 of these now from getting stuck in our fence! Or exhausting themselves trying to get through. I very gently picked it up (wearing gloves - they excrete something very stinky when they stress) and moved it to the other side of the fence, where it was trying to get to and eventually it came out again... isn't it gorgeous? I love how it's shell looks like a cannabis seed :love:

IMG_288713.jpg
IMG_288813.jpg

Les than 10 minutes later, it had trundled off into the forest and disappeared - they go fast, for something that appears to move slowly. Long neck turtle ...

Just a quick note: start the feedings at 1/4 of the strength indicated on the label, and slowly increase to full strength. Especially during foliar feedings on the young plants. They can be quite sensitive, and if you damage(burn) mama with too strong nutes too fast, she takes a looooong time to get better.
Happy the ladies are popping through the soil!
������

Absolutely - I am totally taking the less is more approach to nutrients. Aiming to get the basics in the soil and add gently with teas etc. The first round will just be getting some things that aren't in the soil mix, that I wanted there, so they're not nutes, just mineral and Myco.

Ladies are definitely popping through the soil ... pics coming

That is a sight that makes a fellow oiler smile with pride. Well done Amy. :battingeyelashes: The trichome structure looks excellent. :high-five:

:high-five:

Thanks DocBud for his advice about osmocote+ :thumb: I've pretty much given only water, and twice a very weak seasol tea.

Nice to have you drop over Sue - I'm just making a pot of tea... care to take a load off for a moment? Ooh, i see you brought me a Brownie!?? Thanks - Carnival time :yummy:

I'm just uploading some pics for a proper update...

Chamomile would be delicious, if it were later. But then, I'm on no one's schedule but mine, so why not take a break?

The brownies are some of my best. When I decarbed I neglected to set the alarm, and the buds got more than the standard 45 minutes at 230 F. I'm using andIhalped's recipe, modified for my needs, to make brownie oil, developing a new process. I just love how things evolve as you gain experience and find more efficient ways to get to the prize.

They probably got an additional half hour, at least, of decarb time. In my experience that potentiates them. There were almost no decarb bubbles at the end of the two hour bake at 190 F. Makes a wonderfully easy brownie oil. This time I used unrefined coconut oil for the first time in a while and they're so delicious I had to force myself to wait for the second dose. Lol!

I keep picking up equipment. It's beginning to overrun the space, and there are still a couple on my wish list. Time to reorganize the kitchen to reflect the reality that I don't really cook in there. :rofl:

A vacuum oven. OMG, I'd almost kill for one. LOL! The daughter loves wax, and I've no way to make it without the oven. I won't play with BHO. No amount of encouragement would get me to try it here, or anywhere. As solvent-free as possible and as stress-free in production as is attainable under current circumstances. There's where I'm always headed. Then keep improving the current circumstances. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My life is proof positive that you get back what you put out. I anticipate only good ahead, strong and healthy. Growing your own medicine changes your perspectives, don't you agree?

Before I came here three years ago I wasn't even aware that people grew in their homes like this. Lol! Life is so much fun. :laughtwo:

I have Chamomile - if you're sure it won't diminish your buzz?? ;)

Actually I've read that Chamomile, when growing, enhances the oil production of the plants it grows near so I've been toying with the idea of using it as a companion... don't know if it likes the full on sun I want my plants in tho! Can't remember who said that, but it was here on 420 somewhere, maybe it was you, or MerryAnna, or ?? ... pretty sure it was one of the ladies... (I probably have the source in my notes somewhere, but not in my head - just the info)

A proper Update:

I was so beat after getting the journal UP and running and then having a week with family - it's taken me until about now to really recover. I'll aim for weekly updates going forward but will ask in advance for forgiveness when it's slower than that. I have to take care with my activity or i'll go down hard. That includes mental activity. It's totally not a case of use it or lose it for me - if I use it too much (any muscle - and too much is not very much at all), I lose it for days, weeks or months. BUT - I'm here today and have been busy photographing the girls and making a very short term protective cover for them while I wait for the continuing saga of our garden enclosure (exclusion zone) to be completed...

First, the group shot this morning:

group_shot47.jpg

CBD Critical Cure had a slow start, and seemed to get stuck inside her seed helmet, that wasn't properly open. After 2 days of this I'd had enough and while chatting on another journal (Hi Wounded), I took some advice to very gently help her out - thanks GrizzWald! After dripping water on her a few times over an hour or two, I very carefully pried the seed open using my very delicate lady little-fingernails - and one side of the shell dropped off, phew!

CBDCC1_0-day3a.jpg

then a little while later I was able to gently get the other half to drop...

CBDCC1_0-day3b.jpg

Later still... i gently removed some of the membrane as per advice from Grizz - didn't get it all at once, I went back and removed a little more and hour or so after this photo...

CBDCC1_0-day3c.jpg

by the end of the day, she looked like this... :cheer:

CBDCC1_0-day3d.jpg

And today - nearly can't tell she had the cannabis equivalent of a cesarean! Just a little scarring on one baby leaf.

CBDCC1_0-day4a.jpg

Money Bush has already captured me, Radogast said she might but I didn't expect that so soon! She was first out of the gate and very vigorous!

MoneyBush-day4.jpg
MoneyBush-day4a.jpg

And this is one of the Professor Chaos babies - they both have this same slightly reddish colour on the serrated leaves - they're small and very pretty. They took a couple of days longer to pop up... hoping for girls!

Prof_Chaos-day_2.jpg

That's the new batch of plants of this season! I'm so excited - still a lot to get sorted going forward. I'll be relieved when the required management settles down and I can sit back while they do their thing. Speaking of management, I constructed this to protect them from any critters that break into our old, not-very-secure-anymore, enclosure overnight.

protection.jpg

We're pretty sure there's a ringtail possum getting in at night and I'm expecting this to keep them safe for a week or 2! If you look back to the above photo of the turtle next to the plants, you'll notice the eaten off stems of what used to be Italian parsley! I have a photo of the suspected ringtail somewhere, maybe I'll dig it out... It took 6 hours over 3 sessions to build it and then a had to have a whole day in bed doing next to nothing - was completely smashed - but it was worth it (I hope it works!), and very satisfying. Not my usual building standard but illness comes with acceptance of things being different doesn't it :thumb:

Thanks to all the folk who are popping in to check things out and keep me on good paths with my growing. It gets said a lot, but it never gets old, that this forum is very therapeutic, growing is very therapeutic. I'm enjoying the listening and reading recommendations. Direct responses to those will come over time as I assimilate... but be sure that I always check out things people recommend... especially the good folk 'round here! Starting to feel like I have a few friends in these parts.

It's after midday... time to vape :volcano-smiley::circle-of-love:

Actually I've read that Chamomile, when growing, enhances the oil production of the plants it grows near so I've been toying with the idea of using it as a companion... don't know if it likes the full on sun I want my plants in tho! Can't remember who said that, but it was here on 420 somewhere, maybe it was you, or MerryAnna, or ?? ... pretty sure it was one of the ladies... (I probably have the source in my notes somewhere, but not in my head - just the info)

Hi, Amy.
Ooooh, companion planting, i absotively love it. (Dunno if it was me with the chamomile in direct sun, though).
Ok: you have different types of companion plants.
#Some, you use to discourage critters - so pest control. The Herbs are pretty good for this, the more pungent the better, and they like full sun in our southern climes. (Basil, rosemary, chives, mint (and the weed tastes minty, too!), sage, coriander,marigolds, chilli's, garlic... you get the idea)
#Some enhance the soil, bringing minerals up from deep down & depositing them on a level weed can access. (Comfrey, chamomile, nettles, flax, seaweed*, beans & peas(legumes) - they either have a long taproot to bring up the goodies, or they fix elements (eg N) in the soil. Seaweed very enhancing though it doesn't grow next to weed )
#Some you use as a cover, esp during guerilla growing in the backyard. Tomatoes are a favourite - i cunningly painted the word "tomatoes" on my patio tubs (250l each, x3). It's the most visible of the places where i grow weed, and with the addition of 2 tomato plants per tub, mwahahahaha *evil laugh*, NOBODY SUSPECTS NUTHIN'. The dietary req for tomato is pretty similar to that of weed, and the leaves look similar to the casual observer, but i've heard tell you can basically use any large(ish) shrub with bigger leaves as cover.
#Some plants enhance resin production when planted close to weed (they exude hormones that stimulate oil production). Rosemary, nettles, chamomile, oregano & yarrow are all safe bets.
Re Chamomile: it captures calcium, potassium & sulphur, which makes it a great little enhancer as well as a pest controller.
Just google companion plants for weed to get more detailed lists, but if you go with herbs, it's always a solid investment, many benefits, "flavouring" your weed subtlely, good for microclimate, great in food, protection, camouflage...
Send me a pm if you want a lecture on this subject, it's one of my favourites because it WORKS. (Depending on the level of organics you practice. Not organic = not such good results, med organic = med results, full organic = great results BEACUSE it works with little organisms present in organic gardening )
Anyway, happy Friday!
✌&❤

@ Amy Gardner

your words…

“I love that you understand poetic speech better than prose ... it’s beautiful. What we perceive as ‘broken’ brains can so often offer us much more depth perception than ‘intact’ brains. There’s probably no such thing as an intact brain tho. 

Thanks Joe for sharing some of your story, it’s a brave path you chose and I’m truly pleased it’s being beneficial for you. And to you G2HM, thank you also for sharing what you did about your family, and the way you need to ‘handle’ them. It’s always a relief for me to find supportive voices about how it’s sometimes necessary to walk away from ones family of origin in a very complete way. I so often hear from people ‘but it’s family, it has to come first no matter what’s happened’. I disagree and some toxic environments can kill a person in many different ways on different levels, sometimes in all ways. Family is not a simple good just because it’s family. I’m still working to build my new family and stay safe from 90% of the toxic family of origin. You’re both brave to recognise where you’ve needed to step away, and to do so. Kudos. My best vibes and good wishes go to you both. 

I’m sorry my language isn’t as poetic... but hope you’ll understand my camaraderie!

Happy growing ”

--------------My response-----------------------

Sometimes family, is a tragedy, a never ending hypocrisy.

You look up, their hearts corrupt, your safety and sanity interrupt.

The trust you gave, the name to the grave, you chose to be brave, not a slave.

You look to the dirt, seeking grounding at first, but realize your heart just burst.

There is a seedling, surviving and reeling, will overcome the glass ceiling.

She will guide you, never contrive you, look to her to revive you.

Stare at the turtle shell, a story it does tell, a silent yell? perhaps it fell? similar to your hell?

He overcame that race, when the rabbit got in his face, he set his own pace, and later he won without a rabbits’ trace.

So Miss Amy Gardner, an organic self-starter, growing in the swamps, a cannabis martyr.

Will you stay your course, not fern a tail from a horse and build a soil from an organic source?

Your plants will never steer you wrong, they’ll sing you a song, or be the friend you long…for.

I wish you great success, with bud in excess, the pain you hurt less, and heal from distress.

Your brain has a mind of its’ own, your garden will always be your home.

You will rehab your worries and continue to share stories, and live out your growing glories.

Reinvent yourself my friend, have fun while you’re here…hugs gniiiite

I grew german chamomile from seed last winter in with the vegging plants and planted outside in the early spring - one in the ground and two in planter pots. They grew more slowly than I expected, so a nursery sized plant would probably be a better choice. They are all happy little plants now, but the first frost hit, and winter is coming :)

MerryAnna had a great post on WHY to grow chamomile and other companion plants -I can only say that they are compatible with cannabis light, temperature, and nutrient requirements.

Hi, Amy.
Ooooh, companion planting, i absotively love it. (Dunno if it was me with the chamomile in direct sun, though).
Ok: you have different types of companion plants.
#Some, you use to discourage critters - so pest control. The Herbs are pretty good for this, the more pungent the better, and they like full sun in our southern climes. (Basil, rosemary, chives, mint (and the weed tastes minty, too!), sage, coriander,marigolds, chilli's, garlic... you get the idea)
#Some enhance the soil, bringing minerals up from deep down & depositing them on a level weed can access. (Comfrey, chamomile, nettles, flax, seaweed*, beans & peas(legumes) - they either have a long taproot to bring up the goodies, or they fix elements (eg N) in the soil. Seaweed very enhancing though it doesn't grow next to weed .)
#Some you use as a cover, esp during guerilla growing in the backyard. Tomatoes are a favourite - i cunningly painted the word "tomatoes" on my patio tubs (250l each, x3). It's the most visible of the places where i grow weed, and with the addition of 2 tomato plants per tub, mwahahahaha *evil laugh*, NOBODY SUSPECTS NUTHIN'. The dietary req for tomato is pretty similar to that of weed, and the leaves look similar to the casual observer, but i've heard tell you can basically use any large(ish) shrub with bigger leaves as cover.
#Some plants enhance resin production when planted close to weed (they exude hormones that stimulate oil production). Rosemary, nettles, chamomile, oregano & yarrow are all safe bets.
Re Chamomile: it captures calcium, potassium & sulphur, which makes it a great little enhancer as well as a pest controller. .
Just google companion plants for weed to get more detailed lists, but if you go with herbs, it's always a solid investment, many benefits, "flavouring" your weed subtlely, good for microclimate, great in food, protection, camouflage...
Send me a pm if you want a lecture on this subject, it's one of my favourites because it WORKS. (Depending on the level of organics you practice. Not organic = not such good results, med organic = med results, full organic = great results BEACUSE it works with little organisms present in organic gardening .)
Anyway, happy Friday!
.&.

Great - so that tells me it was definitely you who told me about the chamomile. It was me wondering if it would take the full sun, and Rad just now suggests it would. I would totally love a lecture on companion planting for ganja - but probably not all at once, my brain will explode and that would be messy. I'm sure it'll all come out in bite sized pieces as our summer grows progress.

I'm beat - happy Saturday to you MerryAnna ..

Great - so that tells me it was definitely you who told me about the chamomile. It was me wondering if it would take the full sun, and Rad just now suggests it would. I would totally love a lecture on companion planting for ganja - but probably not all at once, my brain will explode and that would be messy. I'm sure it'll all come out in bite sized pieces as our summer grows progress.

I'm beat - happy Saturday to you MerryAnna ..

Chamomile grows best in full sun, and appreciates being walked upon, so it's a great plant for between the paving stones of a pathway. I've yet to try it with cannabis, but I lack an outdoor space. Good luck with yours.

@ Amy Gardner

your words...

"I love that you understand poetic speech better than prose ... it's beautiful. What we perceive as 'broken' brains can so often offer us much more depth perception than 'intact' brains. There's probably no such thing as an intact brain tho. 

Thanks Joe for sharing some of your story, it's a brave path you chose and I'm truly pleased it's being beneficial for you. And to you G2HM, thank you also for sharing what you did about your family, and the way you need to 'handle' them. It's always a relief for me to find supportive voices about how it's sometimes necessary to walk away from ones family of origin in a very complete way. I so often hear from people 'but it's family, it has to come first no matter what's happened'. I disagree and some toxic environments can kill a person in many different ways on different levels, sometimes in all ways. Family is not a simple good just because it's family. I'm still working to build my new family and stay safe from 90% of the toxic family of origin. You're both brave to recognise where you've needed to step away, and to do so. Kudos. My best vibes and good wishes go to you both. 

I'm sorry my language isn't as poetic... but hope you'll understand my camaraderie!

Happy growing "

--------------My response-----------------------

Sometimes family, is a tragedy, a never ending hypocrisy.

You look up, their hearts corrupt, your safety and sanity interrupt.

The trust you gave, the name to the grave, you chose to be brave, not a slave.

You look to the dirt, seeking grounding at first, but realize your heart just burst.

There is a seedling, surviving and reeling, will overcome the glass ceiling.

She will guide you, never contrive you, look to her to revive you.

Stare at the turtle shell, a story it does tell, a silent yell? perhaps it fell? similar to your hell?

He overcame that race, when the rabbit got in his face, he set his own pace, and later he won without a rabbits' trace.

So Miss Amy Gardner, an organic self-starter, growing in the swamps, a cannabis martyr.

Will you stay your course, not fern a tail from a horse and build a soil from an organic source?

Your plants will never steer you wrong, they'll sing you a song, or be the friend you long...for.

I wish you great success, with bud in excess, the pain you hurt less, and heal from distress.

Your brain has a mind of its' own, your garden will always be your home.

You will rehab your worries and continue to share stories, and live out your growing glories.

Reinvent yourself my friend, have fun while you're here...hugs gniiiite

I'm honoured.

Beautiful attention to detail in there ...

Really, honoured. :joint:

:passitleft:

Chamomile grows best in full sun, and appreciates being walked upon, so it's a great plant for between the paving stones of a pathway. I've yet to try it with cannabis, but I lack an outdoor space. Good luck with yours.

I grew german chamomile from seed last winter in with the vegging plants and planted outside in the early spring - one in the ground and two in planter pots. They grew more slowly than I expected, so a nursery sized plant would probably be a better choice. They are all happy little plants now, but the first frost hit, and winter is coming :)

MerryAnna had a great post on WHY to grow chamomile and other companion plants -I can only say that they are compatible with cannabis light, temperature, and nutrient requirements.

That's great, thanks both of you! We've been debating whether they should go around the path stepping stones int he new enclosure or in the 'weed' corner. After this I'm thinking, why choose? A little of both maybe.

And Rad, I finally found some soil maps of my region - so thanks for your earlier post about that. Sometimes it's as simple as having the correct terminology - e.g., 'soil map'. It's not super detailed so it doesn't tell me much about what's likely to be in my clay - but it does tell me there's likely ancient shell grit down under my feet somewhere... and basalt down deep too. Don't know how deep either of those are, but I'll be mixing with some of the local soil and clay anyway so it's good to know there's possibly some of that good stuff in it. We also find heaps of white quartz rocks & stones when the grind gets dug up, and there's massive deposits of white quartz around the beaches here. Over the coming seasons I know I'll learn heaps more about what's available around the local zone and how to blend it. But yeah, tangent, sorry. Mostly, thanks for the 'soil map' terminology. That helped. :Namaste:

It's early, but it's sunday... so what the hell... :volcano-smiley:

Looks like this whole grow is in a different class than mine at the moment, wouldn't offer much to outdoor grows either (though my own land is also heavily clay ridden so I'll probably learn something for my wife's vegetable garden).

Either way, I'll be sticking my head in now and then. Looks like it'll be fun to watch.

Looks like this whole grow is in a different class than mine at the moment, wouldn't offer much to outdoor grows either (though my own land is also heavily clay ridden so I'll probably learn something for my wife's vegetable garden).

Either way, I'll be sticking my head in now and then. Looks like it'll be fun to watch.

Welcome 'Tropic and thanks for dropping by.

I don't know about what you say there sir, there are only seedlings here so far so 'class' remains to be seen . and there's a lot of challenges to getting this grow going at the moment. Plus, your grow is a pretty high class first grow if you ask me. So let's just say we're both newbies looking to develop our growing 'craft' with the help of all these good folk ..
We won't know the class of this grow for many months yet ... harvest will be around March-April. .

I love the name 'Phototropic' btw, and your description of what it feeders to in your thread - if you don't like me abbreviating it like that, just PM me and I'll stop it!!

Welcome anytime

Back
Top Bottom